The best bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was in the Navy, I lived right around the corner from Stihl's VB factory. It's a big place!

Also: Sugi Hara bars are, in my experience, the best bang for the buck. Rails are every bit as hard as Stihl and they're only a bit over half the price. Some folks don't like the adapter rings; I don't mind 'em, and if I did, I'd just make something else.

When I was in the Navy, I lived right around the corner from Stihl's VB factory. It's a big place!

Also: Sugi Hara bars are, in my experience, the best bang for the buck. Rails are every bit as hard as Stihl and they're only a bit over half the price. Some folks don't like the adapter rings; I don't mind 'em, and if I did, I'd just make something else.

Adapter rings???:msp_confused:

Yeah, the bar slot is cut for Stihl, and comes with these little rings that slip over the studs of smaller mounts to fit the bar to saws of different makes. It's kind of a kludgey approach to "one-size-fits-all", but it works well enough. I don't mind it.

You can buy the cannon adapter that screws down with the inner plate with the screw between the bar studs on the huskies. Either way works fine but the adapter can be made to stay on. Baileys carries the adapter. Tsumura/total bars have husky mount bars made.

I prefer GB bars. I always get 20" and they last about 3-6 months of cutting daily.

It's very doubtful they have aluminum in them, but I don't know why you'd even want that.

Latest posts

Back