The Christmas Grinch stikes his first blow!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a gov't employee but on the lower end of the pay scale and consider myself lucky to have a job... The crazy thing i can't wrap my head around is that we pay our teachers in the local grade school less than the lady that drives around to deliver mail... sound off to you???

And that is the way it should be, not that teachers don't deserve a raise. If the heat goes out in the mailman's car he/she just works in the cold, if the heat goes out at a school they shut it down and send everyone home. When it is raining the mailman's window still has to be rolled down while he/she is getting soaking wet, the teacher gets to sit inside and watch the mailman get soaked. Catch my drift yet?

My wife is a teacher at a private school (making about 25% less than if she worked for a public school), and over the past 25 years I've known many teachers. I feel very safe in saying postal workers are overpaid, and teachers are underpaid--The people who handle our mail do not deserve to make more money than the people who educate our children.

Nstueve, with a lot of pushing you might find someone who can locate at least some of your parts.

I've had good luck with the USPS. One thing I try to do is pack items very well, and tape the proper container/box in a such way that it would take some very serious effort to tear it open.

My wife is a teacher at a private school making about 25% less than if she worked for a public school

Now that does suck. From some reason when I think of private schools I automatically think of the teachers making more money. I was talking to a local Post Master towards the first of the month and was told that they start people out at $14/hr just to stand behind the counter, though with the recently announced cuts it would be tough to get in right now. I will have to say it would suck to pay for college to become a teacher just to find out you could be making more money with just a GED working for the Post Office.

Chris J.;3350531 I've had good luck with the USPS. One thing I try to do is pack items very well said:
I have too. I've bought dozens of pieces of glassware from ebay and have only had three broken, and that was in the same box and probably a result of over-packing protection as anything. Having bought all that glassware, I really don't believe USPS is habitually hard on boxes. But, stuff does happen and I hope your parts show up.

Here is the tracking info. What does "missent" mean? Does this mean "run your package over, take a bunch of things out of it, repackage it and only send the remaining parts?" :) It is strange that it was in IOWA for so long.....it took 3 days to get from CT to IA and then 8 days to get an additional 10 minutes to his house.

-Greg

Tracking #: 03101230000052970191

Carrier: USPS

Delivered Dec-21-11, 12:57 PM, NORWALK, IA 50211

Out for Delivery Dec-21-11, 08:42 AM, NORWALK, IA 50211

Sorting Complete Dec-21-11, 08:32 AM, NORWALK, IA 50211

Missent Dec-20-11, 13:44 PM

Arrival at Post Office Dec-20-11, 05:17 AM, DES MOINES, IA 50315

Processed through USPS Sort Facility Dec-13-11, 21:58 PM, DES MOINES, IA 50395

Dispatched to Sort Facility Dec-10-11, 17:54 PM, SOUTHBURY, CT 06488

Acceptance Dec-10-11, 10:26 AM, SOUTHBURY, CT 06488

Last edited:
I have all the paper work together and into the local post office. I don't know how to get ahold of the local bulk office but one of the USPS offices is in our building so I might try to network in... I'll keep this post updated as things develope.

As to the teachers vs postal workers talk... I know for a fact one of my friends got hired for 5th grade at 26K and have spoken with our local delivery lady and she is hauling in 66-67K... I smell FISH... rotten fish! Kids should be considered the future of our country and when the people that spend the most time with them are paid less (on average) than any other state or fedral employee... hmmm... The problem is also in the schools themselves. I know the superintendent at the k-12 is making 150K+ and his secretary is making 60K+... Not to mention there are some grandfathered teachers that have been teaching for 20+ years that have taken every "Special training" option and are now banking 80K+ because they have these special training classes. I honestly think that any business state or private should have pay scale dependent on performance/productivity standards. I personally feel that there are too many people in the US that are pulling in big paychecks for doing about nothing. A hard days work for a good days wadge is how it should run!

From previous experience with USPS "Missent" just means they sent it to the wrong zip code initially and once it got there rerouted the package to it's proper destination. Probably part of the reason it was bouncing around IA for 8 days. Good luck finding the parts.

Hey i got a box like that here a few days ago!!!! LOL just kidding
sorry to hear man hope it turns out...

Back