The Descriptive Process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nate, glad you said it so I didn't have to.

Old trees are old generation plants. Past their production prime -- time to be used fir another purpose.

There's sooo much disinformation out there about things. These eco-nutters have muddied the water to retard level dilution.

I know I said this earlier, but I love yer brain! :)

What'll they look like harnessed up? They'll be big, happy, alive n swayin in the wind, well cared for and watered if necessary.

I know, I know. Must kill, must muck up the entire environs habitat, squirrels, birds, animals etc, evicted.

Stinkin loitering spongin loafers on the forest's welfare system.

Liberals, all them mangy fur bearin varmints!

jomoco

I don't think you understand forest dynamics very well. Nothing lives without something else dying; Forestry is just the process of making the decision about what dies and when rather than letting chance do the same.

Well said.

You're a weird dude jomoco. Seems you don't mind riding death's coat tails either. Otherwise you wouldn't have this delicious argument to flatter yourself with your superior intellect. If all the trees are snipped off I'm out of a job, MATE. Sustainability. Look it up. Loggers have done more for promoting the propagation of our forests than any other group. - I wrote this this morning as I was getting ready to murder more of God's creatures. And let me tell you, it was a ****ing bloodbath. For some reason it wouldn't post. And by the way he gave us these resources and told us to use em. You can look that up too. First page in the big book.

Clearly you are very confused Jomo on how the world works. You should tell yer customers to rig these contraptions in their yard trees instead of having them trimmed or removed.

I'm just a huge fan of symbiotic relationships in nature. Like fine root hairs and mychorissae fungi have.

Mutually beneficial relationships that don't kill either host.

All I'm really doing is mimicking Mother Nature a bit.

Better to be a benign parasite taking care of the tree to a modest degree, than an invariably fatal infection that kills the tree.

jomoco

Uh, our relationship is symbiotic.

"Hey look, a dying tree -- lets use it now while it's still good! And now let's plant another three trees to replace it."

It's less "Avatar" & more "Garden/Gardener".

You know, reality instead of fantasy.

I'm an independent sub contractor who specializes in technical removals for lots of companies who don't want to risk their climbers tackling them alone.

Lots of Hobbs n bull lines n such.

I'm not climbing full time since I'm semiretired, but do get in atleast two or so days a week.

I'm 55 now, a little slower, kinda like a tree sloth.

jomoco

Sorry guys, I feel like I opened this can of worms. I think I'll just keep my thoughts to myself for the next 6 months or so.

So somebody found a better more productive use for tall conifers than just cuttin em down for lumber! One that doesn't involve mowing them like grass.

You guys gonna whine n sulk about it for much longer?

Tree work's tree work already...

jomoco

Did somebody say something?

Note from admin...You are unable to read posts from jomoco because you have placed him on your IGNORE list. Should you have any interest in subjecting yourself to more mindless drivel and ill-informed rantings you may deselect IGNORE at any time.

Darn.

Getting preached at ever do you any good? :confused:

Made me a pagan... I think that's good?

Problem with lots of misguided folks I meet is that I can smell BS from a mile away, always have, grew up surrounded by criminals, a guy gets a pretty good feel for when he's being sold something he doesn't want.

Back