The Descriptive Process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I think I am changing my mind about these caps too. Too complicated. Too many parts to break and wear out. Threaded caps make more sense in the woods. Give me screw caps for my saws and a skidder with no computer and I will be a happy poika.

The higher the technology the lower the reliability.

It is under the nail. And I already poked around with a dirty needle that is kept on a dusty shelf. I don't have any peroxide so I shot some hand sanitizer under my nail. I think it'll just have to grow out or rot or whatever they do. Maybe I should inject some root rot spores or conk spores.

It is under the nail. And I already poked around with a dirty needle that is kept on a dusty shelf. I don't have any peroxide so I shot some hand sanitizer under my nail. I think it'll just have to grow out or rot or whatever they do. Maybe I should inject some root rot spores or conk spores.
if its clean wood it will prolly work out. if its a thorn or steel sliver, it has to come out.

had a big nasty sliver jammed under my thumbnail few years ago, about 3/4" long and 3/16" wide, went straight in past the cuticle and broke of somewheres under the nail... say in inch deep overall.

3 clinics later...

Quack cut the nail back and yarded on it with some needle nose pliers... I heart Novacain... still have a bit of whoop and a nice white line down my nail...

If its not real deep you could try trimming the nail more than a little short and see if you can get at it that way, otherwise wait it out a few days and the little ones work themselves out.

had a big nasty sliver jammed under my thumbnail few years ago, about 3/4" long and 3/16" wide, went straight in past the cuticle and broke of somewheres under the nail... say in inch deep overall.

3 clinics later...

Quack cut the nail back and yarded on it with some needle nose pliers... I heart Novacain... still have a bit of whoop and a nice white line down my nail...

If its not real deep you could try trimming the nail more than a little short and see if you can get at it that way, otherwise wait it out a few days and the little ones work themselves out.
quack mighta got yarded on his self..........

Latest posts

Back