The Descriptive Process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
potassium, like in bannaners (retch) yer muscles are probably working harder then usual to compensate for the bits that don't work so good, or like the other have said its nerve damage caused by the break and agrevated by continuing to work too damn hard.

If it is the nerves a cortizone shot works pretty good, I've had a few of them takes a bit of time say a week or four but after a while things start working more or less as they should. You'll need a doctor to prescribe it though.

Clint, my hands will do the same after a good Saturday's work for me. Pretty embarrassing and freaky at the grocery store when it happens as you are trying to pay the checkout girl. Copious quantities of rubbing alcohol is the only thing that seems to give quick relief for me from any cramp. I attribute mine to dehydration, vibrations and getting old. Ron

Bob, so the old PM850 gave you a grin. Glad to see it.

I know you don't care for my little drilling hammer so I am replacing it with something I came up with while pining to get back to cutting. I hope you approve - 5# Plumb with a freshly converted mattock handle. When I get better I'll beat it hard to make sure it is good to go and figure out what length I want. Seems tight under light testing. Ron

IMG_3767.JPG IMG_3773.JPG IMG_3777.JPG

Bob, so the old PM850 gave you a grin. Glad to see it.

I know you don't care for my little drilling hammer so I am replacing it with something I came up with while pining to get back to cutting. I hope you approve - 5# Plumb with a freshly converted mattock handle. When I get better I'll beat it hard to make sure it is good to go and figure out what length I want. Seems tight under light testing. Ron

View attachment 377450 View attachment 377451 View attachment 377452
I like old plomb or plumb tools ,cant remember when they changed to proto ,but i bet that axe head has some good steel in it ,anyone know how to date the old tools ? i am thinking 50-60 years old at least

Perfect choice.

Thanks, for once I got something right. As usual this useful old tool came from the PNW. I learned something in the process too, "ax" is apparently spelled "axe" by purveyors and by many west of me. Had to refine my vocabulary to reflect my new smarts.

I like old plomb or plumb tools ,cant remember when they changed to proto ,but i bet that axe head has some good steel in it ,anyone know how to date the old tools ? i am thinking 50-60 years old at least

I have always like the quality and balance of Plumb claw hammers which is what got me started searching for a Plumb axe; I don't know if they are still in business or not. True Temper / Kelly also made a similar rafting axe design. Probably other companies too but IDK.

Ron

Latest posts

Back