The dump trailer, pic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butch(OH)

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Had to post a pic of my new to me dump trailer. I have wanted one of these for 10 years but wouldn't cough up the change for a new one. Made by Pronovost in Quebec and rated at 12,000 lbs they are kind of unique in the dump trailer world. By moving two pins it dumps off either side or the rear via a telescoping cylinder mounted under the middle of the bed. The sides fold down and by adding a chain to hold them flat when the bed is tilted up the sides will form a ledge at perfect height to grab wood for stacking. Unit is 10 years old so we have the wheels and hubs off to service the bearings and brakes. Cant wait to put it to use! Only problem with owning it is I have already had two requests to borrow it :msp_angry:
View attachment 285909

Nice trailer, while you have it down for service I would change the hoses too, after ten years they can look good but fail at bad times.

That's a cool trailer, never seen one before. Pronovost were/are kinda famous for making snowblowers. Didn't know they even made trailers.

Almost forgot, when you have the bearings out, have a look at them with a jewelers loupe and check for grooves and distortion, replace any ones that look rough as they will just heat and fail later even though they look good with the naked eye.

And don't load it to capacity as far as weight unless you have a cdl and/or all the necessary paperwork for your tow rig.
Nice trailer. I've always wondered why telescopic cylinders are so rare in this country when they are the norm in lot's of others.

Thanks for the advise, will heed all of it:biggrin: I will tip the bed to show how they work when the brakes are done. The cylinder is cool in how it operates

Also cant figure out why my phone suddenly decide to take dark and yellow pics? It isnt due to debris on the lense?? bouttime for new I guess?

A side dumper - neat idea. I could put something like that to use around here.

No idea on the camera, but the cams on the newer cells get better all the time. The rest of the phone can be a PITA to get used to, but they take nice pics. Afraid to upgrade again for a while, took me 6 months to figure out all the doohickeys on this phone. Just lately figured out I could move pics, video, music, whatever back and forth from the computer without having to hook cables up or pulling the memory card.

Very nice! I saw your posts before you've been looking for one. Enjoy, that will be handy.

Rep sent!

Cool dump trailer, just like a boat it is great to have a friend with one :)

Phone pic is probably from the lack of light, might have threw off the sensor that will white balance the picture.

A side dumper - neat idea. I could put something like that to use around here.

No idea on the camera, but the cams on the newer cells get better all the time. The rest of the phone can be a PITA to get used to, but they take nice pics. Afraid to upgrade again for a while, took me 6 months to figure out all the doohickeys on this phone. Just lately figured out I could move pics, video, music, whatever back and forth from the computer without having to hook cables up or pulling the memory card.
Steve,

You could use it to load up all that d***m snow in your yard and dump it somewhere so you can get to your wood pile!:D

If you are looking for a good cheap durable finish, buy a gallon of Rust Oleum bed liner and two quarts of Rust Oleum oil base black and mix em up, roll it on and it will look awesome and hold up well. I did that exact thing to my dump last year and it does not even need a touch up this year...and it gets used commercially as I have it permaloaned to a landscaper friend.

Nice find!! A side dump would be neat to have. I'm sure you'll put it to good use.

Nice trailer. Is yours the offroad or onroad version?
Its the on road version 6,000 Dexter axles model P-5103S/4E

Really sorry for the crappy pic:msp_thumbdn: We should have it back together and out in the light this weekend for a nice pic or two.

That is about the ugliest trailer I've seen! But then looks don't really matter do they. Deckover, removable sides, three way tilt, wow!!!

My EXACT reaction when I first saw one at an equipment show close to 10 years ago Haha!!

First sight :msp_razz: that thing dont even look like a dump trailer:msp_razz:
Second look :msp_unsure: Hey? That thing dumps off the side :msp_wink: and rear too:msp_ohmy:
Hey I dont care what it looks like I want one!:rock::rock::rock:

great find on the trailer.....Take some pics of it dumping off the back and sides.

That has to be the best of all trailers... Never saw anything like that until now. Nice Find!!

Back