The Echo rattle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toppers

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 3510 and 7310 have an annoying rattle. It's more pronounced on the 7310 because of course, it's bigger. I've checked all the screws I could find and nothing.

I've heard it on other peoples 7310 videos so I know it's not unique to mine. Anyone ever identified / fixed this rattle?

p.s. oddly enough the 620p didn't have it

I know mine has a rattle type noise from the starter pawls ratcheting on the starter drum at lower engine speeds. I think the pawl springs are a little too strong to let them rotate fully out of the way.

My Echo CS-670 did lose a muffler screw, likely due to vibration. I replaced it and have not had any trouble with this saw since then.
1710975272439.jpeg
I replaced the Stihl bar shown on this Pic (an adapter was required) with an Oregon bar and it is still a great performer.

Yea, that's pretty noticeable.

Have you checked the cylinder bolts to make sure they are as tight as can be?

When was the last time you lubed the clutch needle bearing?

Sound like it could be the clutch to me. My 562xp rattles. My dealer told me it was piston slap however I ruled out the clutch and starter first so I plan to pull the jug off and have a look

I could never figure mine out. Best guess was maybe the drum was just ever so slightly larger diameter than the clutch/shoes, or springs. All just guesses.

Yea, that's pretty noticeable.

Have you checked the cylinder bolts to make sure they are as tight as can be?

When was the last time you lubed the clutch needle bearing?
Well I think I lubed it the first time I had it open, its only on tank #4 but I'll double check all that you mentioned. ,. If it is the clutch, nothing to do about it right?

I could never figure mine out. Best guess was maybe the drum was just ever so slightly larger diameter than the clutch/shoes, or springs. All just guesses.
I removed the clutch and then test ran it. Still made the noise then fired it up on its side and very carefully removed the recoil assembly with it running lol still rattled

I’ve noticed a slight rattle on my 680 since I bought it. After 7 years I’ve forgotten about it.

Latest posts

Back