The EPA sucks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You say you want a revolution
Well, you know We all want to change the world
You tell me that it's evolution
Well, you know We all want to change the world
But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know that you can count me out
Don't you know it's gonna be all right?
All right, all right
You say you got a real solution
Well, you know
We'd all love to see the plan
You ask me for a contribution
Well, you know
We're all doing what we can
But if you want money
For people with minds that hate
All I can tell is brother you have to wait
All right, all right
You say you'll change the constitution
Well, you know
We all want to change your head
You tell me it's the institution
Well, you know
You better free you mind instead
But if you go carrying pictures of chairman Mao
You ain't going to make it with anyone anyhow
All right, all right!
All right, all right, all right!
All right, all right, all right!
All right, all right!

IF we can make a better cleaner burning stove and help care for the earth God gave us then lets do it. Let's do it responsibly and practically. Not with sweeping ridiculous regs. The EPA has a good mission but a terrible way of doing it with no common sense. A slow change for the manafacturers and sellers so they can change over with out losing thier business, gradual so we can all adjust over a decade or so. And let the state have the final say. I'll gladly move to a cleaner state for my kids sake and I think most us want the same thing, but we need the freedom to make the decision on our own, not be coerced by big government.

The EPA has a good mission...
Really?? What mission is that??
The EPA was born of the most corrupt administration in modern history... although the current administration may surpass that.
From the first day of it's existence the EPA's "mission" was to consolidate power and move it into the hands of those sitting in the White House. Still, even Nixon could never have dreamed the EPA would be used to control the individual citizen directly. He created a monster that bloated itself on business and industry until little is left to consume, so it has now begun to focus it's ravenous appetite for power on the "people"... the very people (fools) who cheered it's formation.
I'll promise you the new regulations on wood-fired appliances have absolutely nothing to do with making things "cleaner"... it's about power and money, nothing more and nothing less.

And let the state have the final say.
The truth is (at least in the discretion of enforcement) the states already have the "final say"... but if they choose not to enforce, the White House withholds Federal funding for other things. It's political blackmail... and now the "Chicago Way" of doing politics is at the helm. I wish there was an easier way around it... but the only workable solution is the total abolishment of the EPA, nothing more and nothing less.

That F'ing Clean Air Agency. I've got the same thing but down here it's the SW Washington Clean Air Agency. Unfortunately the same atmospheric conditions that lead to extreme cold also cause stagnant air. They go hand in hand so I can expect whenever I start seeing temps in the teens there's gonna be a burn ban. That's when I yank the breaker and revert to wood only heat! :****you:

um, without reading too much into what I say, we'll call the mission here just protecting the environment. I'm sure there's other things to be said about it. And I would love to see it abolished, along with any other unjust overreaching government institutions.

That F'ing Clean Air Agency. I've got the same thing but down here it's the SW Washington Clean Air Agency. Unfortunately the same atmospheric conditions that lead to extreme cold also cause stagnant air. They go hand in hand so I can expect whenever I start seeing temps in the teens there's gonna be a burn ban. That's when I yank the breaker and revert to wood only heat! :****you:
Yep there is already thousands of other federal laws that people break every day and one more don't bug me a fu##ing bit. I will one obey and no one else in my neck of the woods will either

I hate the EPA over reach but I think the article makes it seem a bit worse than the regulations actually are . It is not a flat out complete ban ..If your stove is a modern stove with secondary reburn it will be fine (if it's not your missing the boat) ,notice the company singing the blues is an outdoor boiler company that makes smoke dragons .

Yep there is already thousands of other federal laws that people break every day and one more don't bug me a fu##ing bit. I will one obey and no one else in my neck of the woods will either

I would love to get outta the valley and into Central Oregon! That where I spend most of my recreational time anyway, you are a lucky man!

Sucks that the BS legislation passed in here in the valley reaches you.

I would love to get outta the valley and into Central Oregon! That where I spend most of my recreational time anyway, you are a lucky man!

Sucks that the BS legislation passed in here in the valley reaches you.
Central Oregon is great, although it's starting to get a little over populated. Lots of granola birkenstock pukes over in Deschutes county. The wood stove regulations are actually pretty lax. We need smaller government and choices made by rural people

If your stove is a modern stove with secondary reburn it will be fine (if it's not your missing the boat)
"Missing the boat" is a matter perception and priorities... (and in some instances ideology).

Some of us put low (or no) maintenance, low (or no) user input, and high even output well above the advantages of clean-burn technology on the priority list. To be brutally honest, if I haf'ta clean heat exchangers, shovel ashes, make adjustments during the burn cycle, stir and drag coal beds, worry about having perfectly dry wood, purchase gadgets such as manometers and baro-dampers to "set the thing up", and lord knows what else I'm forgetting... I flat ain't gonna' do it. A handful of percentage points in efficiency just ain't worth it to me... or to some others. And if you have to shut the thing down or let it burn out to perform any of those chores... well... then you couldn't pay me to own the thing.

If that's where your priorities lay that's your business, and I won't diss you for it. My top priority is load and forget... anything and everything else is a far, far, far distant second. But at the same time I can turn it around... I open the door, toss in the wood, slam the door and walk away (yank the ash pan and dump it now-and-then). That's it... all of it... nothing more than that... all friggin' winter long... that's all I've ever done (except for one season of education)... and my house stays a constant, even temperature all friggin' winter long. In my world, if you're givin' your appliance more attention than that... well... you're "missing the boat".

But my world ain't your world... we've just chosen different boats, neither of us missed the damn thing.
There ain't no friggin' magic... to gain something you trade something else away... it-is-what-it-is.

...I think the article makes it seem a bit worse than the regulations actually are.
Oh... and this post is on topic... the EPA has removed my choice of boats to board.
And no matter where your priorities lay... whoever you may be... if you can't see just how friggin' wrong that is... well... lord help us.
The article didn't even come close to explaining how bad the regulations are... it ain't even in the same friggin' universe.

Back