The EPA sucks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually WS it's extortion, not bribery. The current administration has perfected the Chicago model of this crime to a nation-wide art form.
'Government Rules' would be an apt slogan, but I'm not sure many would understand the oxymoron.

Ummm.... philoshop... the word I used was blackmail, not bribery.
Still... that doesn't take away from your point, but it does agree with mine.

Whitespider, I found it interesting that the "sue and settle" practices you've talked about before in detail were also given a heavy presence in that Forbes article.

To add "fuel" to this fire....The wizards of smart at the EPA are now studying the effects of the backyard BBQ. Let's all sing Kumbya as they ignore the millions of tons of toxins pumped into the air by the Chinese but focus on what might be coming off your steak!

The wizards of smart at the EPA are now studying the effects of the backyard BBQ.
As I said...
"...a monster that bloated itself on business and industry until little is left to consume, so it has now begun to focus it's ravenous appetite for power on the "people..."
And, also, as I said...
"The article didn't even come close to explaining how bad the regulations are..."

If the current administration/EPA gets away with this one (and all indications are they will) we're gonna' find out just how friggin' bad it can get. Nothing will be safe from their reach... nothing‼ They'll end up limiting how many cans of Pork 'n' Beans you can by in a month so as to reduce human fart pollution.
Mark my words... this is only the beginning of intrusion into your daily life. This ain't a "slippery slope", it's friggin' free-fall off a cliff.

It's not about what's best for the citizens, it's about what's best for the government. Without absolute control the government can't grow.
The regulatory agencies have become a means to that end.

Regulation is by definition control. The federal government was never meant to be been empowered with control over the people, or the states that constitute the union.
Other than interstate commerce, their powers are supposed to be limited to foreign affairs: war, peace, negotiation, and international commerce.

Well boys, do you spend as much time writing to your teabag reps as you do whining and moaning on an internet forum? Be sure to tell them you want to go back to the days of rivers catching on fire, and valleys filled with so much smog that people sicken and die....but they probably should die anyway if they need inhalers, right?
Yes, a return to the good old days is in order. We don' need no stinkin' gubmint (as long as we are upwind and upstream) because all that matters is ME.

It's your chance now. The teabaggers are in charge and I'm sure will cause great changes to happen.

I really wish we had a "Dislike" button......Maybe we should go back to the days of no running water, electric, any transportation - well other than the methanol releasing horses. Us dang humans are sure wrecking this planet. WE are the real trouble. All the libs thinking that, well, only one way to cure that you know?

I really wish we had a "Dislike" button......Maybe we should go back to the days of no running water, electric, any transportation - well other than the methanol releasing horses. Us dang humans are sure wrecking this planet. WE are the real trouble. All the libs thinking that, well, only one way to cure that you know?
earth really needs a huge population reduction...hopefully starting with the only loon qualified to live in Washington, then moving on to likeminded "people"

Be sure to tell them you want to go back to the days of rivers catching on fire, and valleys filled with so much smog that people sicken and die.... Yes, a return to the good old days is in order.
No one has suggested anything of the sort slowp... and certainly no one has labeled that time period as "the good old days" (well... except you). Your post is the words of an udder fool... a brainwashed, udder fool. No one is suggesting we throw granny off the cliff either.

You somehow wanna' believe that EPA regulation deserves the credit for cleaning up the polluted water and air of the 50's and 60's... which is a farce, those regulations likely slowed the cleanup. Congress passed a series of clean water acts beginning in 1948, and a series of clean air acts beginning in 1955. The idea that an agency created in 1970 could accomplish as much as you wanna' give it credit for in just 10, or even 20 years is beyond ridiculous. The hard work and research had been going on for two decades before Nixon came up with the idea for the EPA... he saw his opportunity, timed it perfectly, pulled a fast one, then gave it to you hard and dry... laughing at you the whole time.

"When the President does it, that means that it's not illegal." -Richard M. Nixon
"Politics would be a helluva good business if it weren't for the goddamned people." -Richard M. Nixon
"People react to fear, not love; they don't teach that in Sunday School, but it's true." -Richard M. Nixon

What are your thoughts on us selling rare earth metal technology to China then 20 years later deciding we need them ourselves and the epa making it impossible for us to make a profit mining our own so we have to keep relying on China to sell them to us. Meanwhile china is destroying their own envirement pumping them out.

When it comes to regulation... REE mining or anything else... my thoughts are universal.
Other than some very specific allowances in the Constitution, the Federal government does not have the authority to regulate... period‼
They can pass legislation, even make certain things a federal criminal offense then arrest and prosecute violators using the judicial system... but they flat don't have the authority to regulate... period‼ Federal government regulation outside those very specific allowances in the Constitution are unconstitutional, and illegal... period‼

Latest posts

Back