The EPA sucks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one has suggested anything of the sort slowp... and certainly no one has labeled that time period as "the good old days" (well... except you). Your post is the words of an udder fool... a brainwashed, udder fool. No one is suggesting we throw granny off the cliff either.

You somehow wanna' believe that EPA regulation deserves the credit for cleaning up the polluted water and air of the 50's and 60's... which is a farce, those regulations likely slowed the cleanup. Congress passed a series of clean water acts beginning in 1948, and a series of clean air acts beginning in 1955. The idea that an agency created in 1970 could accomplish as much as you wanna' give it credit for in just 10, or even 20 years is beyond ridiculous. The hard work and research had been going on for two decades before Nixon came up with the idea for the EPA... he saw his opportunity, timed it perfectly, pulled a fast one, then gave it to you hard and dry... laughing at you the whole time.

"When the President does it, that means that it's not illegal." -Richard M. Nixon
"Politics would be a helluva good business if it weren't for the goddamned people." -Richard M. Nixon
"People react to fear, not love; they don't teach that in Sunday School, but it's true." -Richard M. Nixon
:clap::clap::clap:

It's not about what's best for the citizens, it's about what's best for the government. Without absolute control the government can't grow.
The regulatory agencies have become a means to that end.
No, it's about what's best for the rich and powerful, and this government was designed as a means to that end.

There can be no more growth, because the cheap and plentiful resources, including huge amounts of timber and an empty continent, and more importantly the fossil fuels we later built the nation around, are now gone. Once the age of oil provided such enormous wealth that it was easy to give a little back to create a middle class heavily invested in preserving the system (as a hedge against the near revolt that occurred around the beginning of the 20th century). But there's not enough for that now and the middle class is history. The really rich can keep theirs of course, but at the expense of everyone else - which is exactly what you see.

The federal government was never meant to be been empowered with control over the people, or the states that constitute the union.
That was exactly what the federal government was created for, and why a group of rich oligarchs* pushed through our present constitution, superseding the state constitutions that were what people actually fought for in the revolution. Those constitutions gave the people way to much power, which had to be stopped (and Robert Morris's bank had to be protected).

You guys who ***** about the federal government but then sing the praises of the constitution are conflicted - it was a federal constitution and it's working just as it was intended to.

*cynically called "Founding Fathers" - propaganda isn't new.

Maybe we should go back to the days of no running water, electric, any transportation - well other than the methanol releasing horses.
We are, and not because of any regulation or federal agency.

*cynically called "Founding Fathers" - propaganda isn't new.
Speakin' of cynicism... :rolleyes:
My god... that whole post is about as cynical as it can possibly get.

Were the signers of the Constitution really "a group of rich oligarchs*"??
Hmmmmm.... Well if you go here - http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution_founding_fathers.html - you can read about every one of the signers and come to your own conclusions. Although many of them had eventually become lawyers and/or politicians (after all, they were sent to the convention as representatives/delegates), they came from all walks of life... from blacksmiths, farmers and sailors to store keepers, laborers and soldiers. Some were rich, some were not... some had earned every penny themselves, some had inherited it.

And did they (the rich oligarchs) "push it through"??
Well, the convention began May 14, 1787, but didn't end until September 17 (and it near failed more than once)... four months is "pushing it through"?? But even the signing didn't "push" it into effect (because they didn't have that power)... it required a ratification process and it wasn't until September 13, 1788 (a full year later) until the Continental Congress (still in operation under the Articles of the Confederation) passed a resolution to but it into effect (although June 21 is when the required ninth state ratified).

ObamaCare was "pushed through"‼

The idea that the Constitution was created "as a means to that end", or to remove power from the people, or to supersede state constitutions is easily refuted... the tenth amendment specifically states...
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."
It just don't get any plainer than that...
But it is a fact that some specific powers were transferred from the states to the feds by the constitution. But that, in fact, was the point... some things just weren't working with the states in control. For example, if a state lay at the far north or south ends of the nation, the states between could effectively "starve them out" with tariffs on shipping goods. Another example was the money situation... just imagine if our monetary system was based in 50 different state systems. What about a national army or navy?? Who would pay them?? With which state currency?? Who would be in charge of feeding, clothing and equipping them?? And think of the wars between states over territory as we expanded west... the later range wars of the American west would pale in comparison. Etc., etc., etc...

As far as resources... I'll just point out that the "peak oil theory" is... well... a "theory"... like global climate change... WTF ever.

Anyway... cynicism and sour grapes don't make something fact... it just makes it cynicism and sour grapes.
If you just don't like the Constitution, or believe it's flawed, just say so (although that's why the framers allowed for the amendment process)... but to say it's something it ain't is just cynical sour grapes... nothing more.

Speakin' of cynicism... :rolleyes:
My god... that whole post is about as cynical as it can possibly get.

Were the signers of the Constitution really "a group of rich oligarchs*"??
Hmmmmm.... Well if you go here - http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/constitution_founding_fathers.html - you can read about every one of the signers and come to your own conclusions. Although many of them had eventually become lawyers and/or politicians (after all, they were sent to the convention as representatives/delegates), they came from all walks of life... from blacksmiths, farmers and sailors to store keepers, laborers and soldiers. Some were rich, some were not... some had earned every penny themselves, some had inherited it.

And did they (the rich oligarchs) "push it through"??
Well, the convention began May 14, 1787, but didn't end until September 17 (and it near failed more than once)... four months is "pushing it through"?? But even the signing didn't "push" it into effect (because they didn't have that power)... it required a ratification process and it wasn't until September 13, 1788 (a full year later) until the Continental Congress (still in operation under the Articles of the Confederation) passed a resolution to but it into effect (although June 21 is when the required ninth state ratified).

ObamaCare was "pushed through"‼

The idea that the Constitution was created "as a means to that end", or to remove power from the people, or to supersede state constitutions is easily refuted... the tenth amendment specifically states...
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."
It just don't get any plainer than that...
But it is a fact that some specific powers were transferred from the states to the feds by the constitution. But that, in fact, was the point... some things just weren't working with the states in control. For example, if a state lay at the far north or south ends of the nation, the states between could effectively "starve them out" with tariffs on shipping goods. Another example was the money situation... just imagine if our monetary system was based in 50 different state systems. What about a national army or navy?? Who would pay them?? With which state currency?? Who would be in charge of feeding, clothing and equipping them?? And think of the wars between states over territory as we expanded west... the later range wars of the American west would pale in comparison. Etc., etc., etc...

As far as resources... I'll just point out that the "peak oil theory" is... well... a "theory"... like global climate change... WTF ever.

Anyway... cynicism and sour grapes don't make something fact... it just makes it cynicism and sour grapes.
If you just don't like the Constitution, or believe it's flawed, just say so (although that's why the framers allowed for the amendment process)... but to say it's something it ain't is just cynical sour grapes... nothing more.
:clap::clap::clap: smackooooo................

Chris-PA, I have some difficulty with blaming the current state of this union on it's charter document. That it's been folded, spindled, mutilated, and manipulated to the benefit of the rich and powerful is something I'll agree with, but I believe the veracity of the original document is still sound in both it's intent and it's utility.

I'd say that is Good To GO!! Might need some of that high temp aluminum foil tape, you have a small gap to close up. Is that technically triple wall now?????

I got 2 birds in mine already this year. How do you get by.........

I'd say that is Good To GO!! Might need some of that high temp aluminum foil tape, you have a small gap to close up. Is that technically triple wall now?????

I got 2 birds in mine already this year. How do you get by.........
I wanted to go insulated for the reduced creosote. I have stick and hammer I rattle and hammer around in there, so no accumulated creosote to speak of. Made it thru the winter anyway. Only froze a couple toes when it was 40 below and was imbibing.

Latest posts

Back