The how many hours your saw has thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't tell any difference between a 390 and a 394 or 395 and I have all of them, I don't know the weight difference but it can't be much. I'd be just as tired with either one.
I'm no 390xp fan, I think there heavy for the power and they seem to soft in the av department for my liking, pretty good cutting saw but I always sell my 390's pretty quick and keep the heavier 395.

I don't like a 372 with anything over a 24" bar, they don't have the nads to turn a long chain in my opinion.

i run a 33" but most i would say run 36". sometimes that extra 3" is nice and it may not seem like much but i feel it swinging the saw around in the woods.

I like a 90cc saw with over a 28 just for the balance, my 372 would run a long bar but feels silly with one on it.

Back to the hour thing, I put little time on my saws but I use other people's quite a bit.

I have a ms390 that's about 15 years old I beleive.... its spent its life cutting tops into fire wood to sell and bouncing back and forth between my good friend and I neither of us have ever rebuilt it just small stuff fuel lines clutch filters bars and lots of chain muffler has been modded most of its life 2 mufflers actually .... I wish that saw had a hour meter its cut over 1000 face cord between us ...... It won't even come close to holding itself up by the pull cord any more and the chain break is starting to trip itself ( prolly packed full of smutz ) but it still starts and runs not as strong as it used to by far but its still slugging it out ...... Oh I use the 2.5 gallon pre mix bottles with 2 gallons of the high test ... Don't know what that is exactly for a ratio but its richer than 50:1 and I tune my saws by ear probibally rich there as well .... I don't think that saw owes anyone a penny

Jesse

Back