The HUZTL scam

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some 066 pictures of cylinder quality, before, and after, install? What happened to make it run better than OEM? Some? Nothing? Lots? Did it fit?

The Cross/MMWS P&C comes with larger ports than stock and generally better port timing. The only work I did on the cylinder was to makes sure the bevels on the ports were good, which I recommend anyone who uses a AM cylinder do.

You can see my saw before & after in the youtube section of the HL Supply website.

The Cross P&C comes with caber rings, and I really also like the piston, lighter than OEM and has skirts.

I doubt they are as durable as OEM, but a lot cheaper and a performance boost to boot. Not a bad combo. I re used the OEM pin, bearing + clips.

Attachments

• IMG_20170526_190903147_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170526_190903147_HDR.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20170526_190914695_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170526_190914695_HDR.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20170526_191121195_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170526_191121195_HDR.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20170526_191144369_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170526_191144369_HDR.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 45
In contrast, the 038 Magnum I got in a trade consisted of mostly the case and crankshaft, had to rebuild the whole thing almost. If I hadn't used aftermarket parts it wouldn't have been worth fixing up..basically what I bought was similar to the Huztl 038 kit less the case, crank, and a few parts to the chain oiler, purchased a few parts at a time..

Lots of lots of 038 used out there waiting to be saved from the scrap yard. My now running and all my parts 038 were FREE. Maybe I'm a hoarder but I've two parts carcasses with good tanks and cases now, and a box full of OEM cleaned parts to work with. Have all the big items ready to use if needed: cranks, clutches, oilers, ignitions, carbs, plastic,cases and tanks. For new stuff I keep hoses, filters, carb kit, plugs, a NOS 52mm piston kit. For my super to mags I've used both NOS/OEM and tecomec P/C, I have an old NOS Italian tecomec if I need. I don't want to sell the stuff as of now

Last I checked, they are not making these parts new... some still maybe on the shelf hidden here and there, but by this point most is hoarded and sold for well above what it's worth. If I need a piston/cylinder for a saw I'm not spending as much for that as the whole saws worth. That's the only point I need to make... no aftermarket, eventually no oem parts... then what?

I'm building a Cuda right now and half the body will have been stamped in Taiwan. I could never afford the nos sheetmetal... without aftermarket, this car and thousand 1000s would be scrap. But I guess some people prefer that than use something not oem.

My 69 belvedere has over seas stamped quarters and floor pan... guess it's junk and should just scrap it!

View attachment 614319

Just don't let any FAT girls sit on the fenders!:surprised3::eek::laugh:

Bust seriously looks like nice work to be proud of.

My best friend let 2 Cudas go he never should of: 1) a 68 formula S w/383 and 727, 2) a 70, 440 ,4 spd pistol grip, w/track pack and dana rear, that one restored is almost hemi territory.

An older guy I worked with at a lumber mill has a 68 shelby 428 he brought new, still under 40K

Another friend has an original 66 belvedere hemi, all OEM metal never been patched and internals , it shifts into D at 100+ and squeaks the F70s. He R + R all the motor/trans with mopar parts before Lee IMaCOCA

Me, I hoard parts saws. I'm covered for 024/026, 028, 038 , 056 and 036. I'm short on 1122 stuff for my 066 and have a nice early 064 I'm working on.

The AM 066 P/C you posted looks pretty good, but for a bit more I'd stihl go OEM and have peace of mind. If I have to rebuild something more than once my time is more valuable.

For my 064 I've got a NOS/OEM P/C that I a got in a strange ebay way......... I purchased a NOS 038M , but 52mm must have been all they checked, I didn't complain.

Lots of lots of 038 used out there waiting to be saved from the scrap yard. My now running and all my parts 038 were FREE. Maybe I'm a hoarder but I've two parts carcasses with good tanks and cases now, and a box full of OEM cleaned parts to work with. Have all the big items ready to use if needed: cranks, clutches, oilers, ignitions, carbs, plastic,cases and tanks. For new stuff I keep hoses, filters, carb kit, plugs, a NOS 52mm piston kit. For my super to mags I've used both NOS/OEM and tecomec P/C, I have an old NOS Italian tecomec if I need. I don't want to sell the stuff as of now
I imagine the 028 and 038 stuff is fairly plentiful but believe it or not mine is only the second one I've ever seen around here. I've been to a lot of small engine shops and flea market/yard sales and they're just not there..the 028 stuff is there but not the 038.

I just noticed that Huztl is having a Black Friday sale this weekend, stuff is pretty cheap. I'm wondering if they have manipulated the shipping prices higher or is this really a sale? I've never ordered from them before so I don't know how much they were charging for shipping before the sale. Is shipping usually reasonable or not?

I just noticed that Huztl is having a Black Friday sale this weekend, stuff is pretty cheap. I'm wondering if they have manipulated the shipping prices higher or is this really a sale? I've never ordered from them before so I don't know how much they were charging for shipping before the sale. Is shipping usually reasonable or not?

Throught their website shipping is usually dirt cheap for small parts such as carburetors, carb kits and the like.

Just don't let any FAT girls sit on the fenders!:surprised3::eek::laugh:

I have measured the floor pans and other panels made by AMD and they are thicker than oem. The fenders I could sit on and I weigh near 240. In fact some of it being so thick, makes it an issue for lining up to oem parts left over... but many people love it cause it's thick they think it makes it sooooo much better. The part you can tell it's not as good as oem is, you can drill through it much easier. But they panels are very strong and very straight. For me, I'll take some straight taiwan panel over a wavy oem panel I'd send countless hours on getting straight. NOS cuda fenders would run 3-4k for a pair... I have 800 in these. I hit a deer, which happens a lot around here, I order some more and won't be too upset.

I don't expect a whole lot out of chinese copies, especially for the price. Nor am I going to use them professionally. I consider them a hobby, much like building a rifle from demilled parts. They are fun to put together, work out bugs and learn how and why they operate. Bonus is they are useful when they are finished.

I have built two, a 361 and 660. The 361 had a few extra parts but was complete. The 660 had a bunch of random extra parts and was only missing 3 M5 nuts for the felling dogs. The jug was nasty, which I cleaned up. And the choke lever didn't work, which I fixed. I have not had major components come bad out of the box so I haven't had to deal with customer service.

A Stihl it is not, and I did not expect one for the price. The 660 kit was $212 shipped (Black Friday sale) and well exceeds my expectations for a chinesium copy.

Your talking about aftermarket performance parts vs replacement parts as far as edelbrock etc... I have a 66 gto I'm restoring, last I checked gm does not make new quarter panels or anything else. I'm not going to pay more for some used ones needing work than what I paid for the car. I'd rather have made in straight solid taiwan panels than patched and puttied panels any day of the week.

I have more experience with Mopar, but the new replacement panels are not as good as anything oem. Including AMD, who has Mopars blessing to stamp replacement panels. I believe they are made in Taiwan and the few that I used were not crisp and all needed work to fit. Dutchman panel, tail panel, floor pans, quarters, etc. I saved as much original metal as I could because it was less hassle. I was fortunate enough to have a rust free roof and front end to use. I would much rather buy a rust free panel that may need some work rather than a repop panel that will not fit well without more work.

Last I checked, they are not making these parts new... some still maybe on the shelf hidden here and there, but by this point most is hoarded and sold for well above what it's worth. If I need a piston/cylinder for a saw I'm not spending as much for that as the whole saws worth. That's the only point I need to make... no aftermarket, eventually no oem parts... then what?

I'm building a Cuda right now and half the body will have been stamped in Taiwan. I could never afford the nos sheetmetal... without aftermarket, this car and thousand 1000s would be scrap. But I guess some people prefer that than use something not oem.

My 69 belvedere has over seas stamped quarters and floor pan... guess it's junk and should just scrap it!

View attachment 614319

I like it!! Here is my chinese copy of a 1969 GTX lol
20171123_101230.jpg

I just made a post and I did not want you guys to miss this. Customers had an issue and i reached out to help many times to help and often it helped. it no longer helps and this is the response i just wrote addressing the latest........................

But what did you do about it?

Did you tell paypal?

At some point you guys are going to have to stand up to them and make them do the right thing. the thing they agreed to. sending you what you sent them money for in advance and they are thumbing their nose at you.

Really, in business, in america, before last year, we had a spine. anytime someone sold you something that was not as described, we would speak up and the merchant would make it right. not now, for some reason, people get run over and all they do is whine. they don't say i am holding you to the deal. you guys try to bargin with them rather than, hey dude you lied to me. fix this right now. do exactly what you said you would do. I hear from people, often, they screwed me and later i hear them say... i am going to see what i can get out of them. you are reaping what you sow. Greed.

here is the real kicker. they have recently began admitting they made a mistake because there is zero consequences to them. when this happens to you and you do nothing you are being a pu*sy. they recently said our workers made a mistake and screwed you. how about we send you a babble for your trouble. this is unbelievable. they must be hordes of people getting screwed and they are ashamed and not doing diddly squat to help themselves or the next buyer, that the really bad part, you are setting the next guy up to fail.. because if a bunch of people held their feet to the fire with paypal this would stop really fast because it would show a pattern and paypal would stop the flow of money. the chinese are scaring me. i will not longer waste my time reaching out to them because they have learned from thier customers, they will, willingly, take it right up the old wazoo and not do diddly except keep coming back and buying. they don't bother training their workers because their workers are simply scapegoats.

its hard to believe they would write their customer and say our workers messed up sorry charlie and you guys just roll over. dang. do you think they will get mad at you? and not sell you cheap things any more? dang. this is scary.

I feel like I'm doing my part by not ordering any of the kits. I don't really want to take anybody's side in this, I just don't need or want another chainsaw and I get plenty of experience working on other people's saws. I already own a 250, 361, 038, 372XP, and several others but none were from kits.

so i have no choice but to write here again :D

i ordered some fuel filters with chainsaw sprockets and 2-3 weeks later got only filters. And now they are ignoring my messages ....

i ordered some fuel filters with chainsaw sprockets and 2-3 weeks later got only filters. And now they are ignoring my messages ....
ordered some covers for a 660. dealer wanted 90 bucks. huztl 4.36. oil pump $87 huztl $5.31. The plastics were as good as oem and the oil pump you could not tell the difference other than numbers. fuel tank 190 bucks $25 for farmertec which is exactly what H el supply will sell you.

If you want to buy parts from China there are several different vendors beside Huztl. I have bought parts from some and have saved a few that I buy from most often. I guess experience will tell you which ones you can trust the most. Really though I haven't had any of them that were terrible..

Latest posts

Back