• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

The Moody 362 C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
moody
M

moody

Now at this point I'm frustrated and having a hard time not spouting off dirty words. But listen closely at the end. I couldn't think of anything else to say.

moody
M

moody

Hopefully you guys can enjoy the failures of my attempts. I'm going to one of the local mills and going to buy a clean cant. No damn nails please. I'm going to spend some time with a chain and go from there.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

DexterDay

DexterDay

Addicted to ArboristSite
Before I post these I want to explain a couple of things. The chain that's being used is a loop of RSC that was hanging up. It was a work chain set up for hedge. Not real aggressive like the original chain.

The saw sounds great and revs plenty good. But your chain is less than desirable.

A couple minutes with a file would make that saw cut like it sounds.

moody
M

moody

The saw sounds great and revs plenty good. But your chain is less than desirable.

A couple minutes with a file would make that saw cut like it sounds.

Knots my friend didn't help the cause. Or nails :/. The chain like I said was just a work chain that was hanging up. It was worth a try but obviously to no avail. I'm working on fixing a chain the best I can and give a better idea of where the saw is. I got a couple more tanks through it yesterday. So it's at 6 tanks total and 2 since the squish was set and transfer work was done.

moody
M

moody

The 362 top end seems to like less exhaust duration. Right now it's at 152* . I've tried as low as 147 our of curiosity and the results weren't as impressive in cut times. But anything around 150-152 seems to work well. As for blow down I've talked to Brad some in the past on these and my best runners were right at 19-20* of blow down. The intake I don't touch on the strato saws as I've tried out on some cheaper home units. The relationship between the fresh air and intake gets out of whack and it'll run lean or rich. At least it did for me. I plan on trying to get another cylinder and experimenting some.

moody
M

moody

These are just my findings. Not that other numbers don't work better. On this particular saw I'm taking baby steps so I don't go past the limits of the m-tronic. I will say that the muffler mod on this saw acted much like advancing the timing on the OE. Better throttle response and a small difference in cut times but torque picked up after a couple of tanks. This saw is very comfortable to use bucking firewood but I HIGHLY SUGGEST that you buy some bucking spikes. The stamped one isn't very tough. In all honesty I'd rather buck logs with the 362cm than I would with the 562xp. The saw accelerates very quickly and doesn't handle too bad. The 562xp I believe still has the edge for overall handling and limbing speed.

The fuel mileage is pretty efficient and starting procedure is second to none. I just wish it had a option to be turned off.

ash man

ash man

ArboristSite Guru
moody I feel ur pain. I got a ported 394 over the winter and videod myself cutting a 4 1/2 foot oak log to upload on utube. I was torqing on it pretty hard with a 3' bar, and did pretty good on the one side, but while applying all that pressure and bouncing around with a full comp chain I broke the chain tensioner. When I went around to the other side to finish off the cut the chain was so loose it was just reeving without cutting much. Needless to say it wasn't real impressive. I'm enjoying reading your thread, and I'm confident you'll make that 362 hum. Keep up the good work.

moody
M

moody

Will you be doing anything with the intake and exhaust ports?

Exhaust will be widened. And when I cut the base to get a little more intake duration. I will have to raise the exhaust as well as the transfers to get my desired numbers.

moody
M

moody

How are you cutting squish bands and bases moody? You set up with a lathe?

I use a lathe for the bases. I cut the squish by hand with a prototype tool. I'm not trying to be mysterious but I'm not allowed to elaborate on the tool itself as it has a patent pending and I don't have legal permission to show or describe it.

chadihman

chadihman

Addicted to ArboristSite
I use a lathe for the bases. I cut the squish by hand with a prototype tool. I'm not trying to be mysterious but I'm not allowed to elaborate on the tool itself as it has a patent pending and I don't have legal permission to show or describe it.

Cool! Bases are easy on a lathe. Squash bands turn out nice in my lathe but lots of set up time for cutting squish on a lathe.