• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

The Moody 362 C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have any questions for me so far? Ask about parts of the saw I'm sure I've forgotten about something that I meant to discuss.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Am curious to see this saw in some clean wood ,sounds pretty strong for a 60cc ,i bet a square chain would make it feel 70cc-ish

Am curious to see this saw in some clean wood ,sounds pretty strong for a 60cc ,i bet a square chain would make it feel 70cc-ish

Well I'm not a chain expert so I'm going to get some clean wood and do my best. I will say it pulled a 24 better than I expected.

Ok seems like my pictures aren't on my phone. I'll take some when I pull the cylinder.

So this nifty squish cutter. How long to cut .020". Is a different tool needed for every cylinder or is it adjustable?

So this nifty squish cutter. How long to cut .020". Is a different tool needed for every cylinder or is it adjustable?

It'd take longer to cut than a lathe but the set up time is less than a minute. That's all the information I can give you.

Brian, these things cut almost like a 70 cc stock, when he gets done with it ... should be even stronger (No not yours, a stock one).

Hey Jimmy, I'm vindicated, he likes it better for bucking, and that is mostly what I do.

Moody, thanks for the positive comments, my ego needed to see some of that! I'm also glad the M-Tonic seems to have adjusted for your muffler port. I knew after that saw had about 5 tanks through it that bog would be gone! It runs so strong you did not even know you cut the nail till you went to the next piece of wood.

Brian, these things cut almost like a 70 cc stock, when he gets done with it ... should be even stronger (No not yours, a stock one).

Hey Jimmy, I'm vindicated, he likes it better for bucking, and that is mostly what I do.

Moody, thanks for the positive comments, my ego needed to see some of that! I'm also glad the M-Tonic seems to have adjusted for your muffler port. I knew after that saw had about 5 tanks through it that bog would be gone! It runs so strong you did not even know you cut the nail till you went to the next piece of wood.

It has some port work as well as about a 15psi jump in compression. it's hard to tell between nail and knots in that wood haha.

How big could the market be for a squish band cutter tool. I'm guessing not to big. Might sell ten if your lucky. There's not a demand for chainsaw dyno's either. That's why I posted pics and videos without a patent.

How big could the market be for a squish band cutter tool. I'm guessing not to big. Might sell ten if your lucky. There's not a demand for chainsaw dyno's either. That's why I posted pics and videos without a patent.

It's not just used for squish bands only. It's not mine to share or i wouldn't care.

This saw is very comfortable to use bucking firewood but I HIGHLY SUGGEST that you buy some bucking spikes. The stamped one isn't very tough. In all honesty I'd rather buck logs with the 362cm than I would with the 562xp. The saw accelerates very quickly and doesn't handle too bad. The 562xp I believe still has the edge for overall handling and limbing speed.

The fuel mileage is pretty efficient and starting procedure is second to none. I just wish it had a option to be turned off.

Are your comparison impressions based on your modded versions of the saws or stock versions of the saws?

Are your comparison impressions based on your modded versions of the saws or stock versions of the saws?

Both actually. The 362cm is a little nose heavy even with a 20in b&c. But that seems to work to its advantage while bucking. Stihl definitely cut the corner quality wise on the bucking spike though. Very cheap and flimsy. You would think for $750 you could at least get a solid $8 part.

Latest posts

Back