• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

The Moody 362 C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moody how do u think a dolmar 6100 would do compared to the 362c?

I've not run a 6100 yet. But from what I've seen they're very similar in weight and power. I can say that the m-tronic is definitely a nice feature that dolmar hasn't yet offered.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Im debating a 6100 or 362c and already have a 441c and love the mtronics. Im very interested to see ur progress with the 362c.

200$ difference in saws! Guess the m tronics is worth it though. How do u think the 362c would be with an 18b/c for topping and limbing?

I love the way the 362 C-M handles with a 20" bar, I'm sure it would be even better with an 18", and will have more power than you will need. I also agree with Moody's comment, and the advertised weight of the 362 is a little less than the 6100, but I have never run one of them (looks like a nice saw).

It will limb very fast, max RPM 14,000, max power at 10,000.

I know it's stamped, but working in the steel industry, sometimes a lighter, higher grade of steel, that's stamped. Will be stronger than a thicker piece of just plate steel.

Is it bending or getting crushed?

I only ask because I noticed that immediately myself. But cutting it and stamping it, costs more than just cutting (like all the older models).

It would appear moody is using the ES bar, substantial weight difference to the E bar. I thought a MS 362 balanced pretty well with and 20 E bar and sharp RS chain.

This video shows the torque of the OE version after port work. .The cm seems to offer a little more chain speed. That was 2 week old black walnut.

I know it's stamped, but working in the steel industry, sometimes a lighter, higher grade of steel, that's stamped. Will be stronger than a thicker piece of just plate steel.

Is it bending or getting crushed?

I only ask because I noticed that immediately myself. But cutting it and stamping it, costs more than just cutting (like all the older models).

It's bending and just flat out cheap. I don't have an issue with stamped metals but this is a low quality metal.

Thanks for the offer of Red Herring, but I'm full.

Take two builders who are relatively new to the saw mod business. One dyno tests incremental mods, with the data guiding his direction. The other just goes by his gut feeling. If you want to bet on gut feeling winning, I will take your wager.

The dyno talk is over. I'd appreciate it if it were left alone.

Latest posts

Back