The MS261 is here!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just so you all know, Brad's 346 kicked the snot out of a Slingr ported 346 last year at WKPoors winter GTG.....

It really depends on how far slinger ported the saw your talking about. Slinger can be mild with a port and also take one much farther.

Please. The last thing I want to do is turn this into a builders war. But on the other hand, I don't want the results of this 261/346 competition to be tainted by perceived perfomance of the mods. Take the saws for what they are. Both are being modded by the same modder, so are reflective of how each saw responds to similiar treatment.

I wasn't dogging Slingr the least bit. Fact of the matter is, I've never run a Slingr ported saw and from what I hear, they're awesome. I was just stating a fact, and that fact is your 346 is an excellent bench mark to be tested against.

I understand that entirely. Let's please not turn this into a builder competition. That's not what this thread is about, and will only serve to destroy it:cheers"

Not where I was going. People need to understand there are degree's to which a saw is ported.

Something I failed to mention about the muffler mod... This stainless muffler is hard. There was no way I could get it to take a sheet metal screw. I ended up having to tap it and use a machine screw. That's some hard metal!

Lord knows if your Daddy was still alive you'd both be cutting switches right now. .

I still shudder everytime I remember back to hearing those words.:laugh: On a serious note, Brad, I've been away for a bit (substituting reloading into the time I spent with saws) but it looks like you're still doing great and informative stuff here. Thanks...I guess...now I'm going to have to look real hard at a new 261.

Last edited:
Brad I havn't been on in awhile are builders starting to get more then 20 to 30 percent out of strat saws now.

Wood you ladies stop garter pulling.....pullleeezze ?

cAN WE HAVE A SHOOTOUT APPLES TO APPLES COMPARISON BETWEEN THE 346XP AND THIS MS261 ---OUT OF THE BOX ? NOW,for the great unwashed listening in with baited breath.

Wood you ladies stop garter pulling.....pullleeezze ?

cAN WE HAVE A SHOOTOUT APPLES TO APPLES COMPARISON BETWEEN THE 346XP AND THIS MS261 ---OUT OF THE BOX ? NOW,for the great unwashed listening in with baited breath.

It's coming, it's coming, lol! You've already got the baseline cuts for the 261. The new 346 will be here tomorrow or the next day. I will make cuts with it bone stock. The muffler mod will also include an unlimited coil. I'll then port both saws and compare them again.

Brad...did you use a Husky deflector on the MM? Would it have been better to weld? I have them welded on my 372 & 361.

The Husky deflector was too big to fit, so I ground the front and back flanges off. The only bad part is that there's nothing to hold the screen down in the front now.

1084334295_y39tZ-M.jpg

I also opened up the factory port and left the screen out. The screen is TINY.

1084334334_79vgK-M.jpg

Latest posts

Back