The MS461.........A Peek Inside

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmmm just noticed pic no 6 dirty saw wheres the befor vid :msp_sneaky:

Ok..another 99% clueless guess..see if me reading you smart guys stuff is paying off yet. that weird piece will give a sort of restriction/back pressure efect, but starting on the intake side. It is a strato-like variant, a charge delay mechanism, for less mixing in the exhaust??

After that I give up. This is fun though. Do you have the IPL for this saw? That will have an exact name I assume, which will be the biggest clue what the heck it is and for what.

hmmmm just noticed pic no 6 dirty saw wheres the befor vid :msp_sneaky:

[video=youtube;kGcMaDQUnms]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGcMaDQUnms&list=UUg2yelCeKwB12xIohZfmf1g&index=3&feature=plcp[/video]

Ok..another 99% clueless guess..see if me reading you smart guys stuff is paying off yet. that weird piece will give a sort of restriction/back pressure efect, but starting on the intake side. It is a strato-like variant, a charge delay mechanism, for less mixing in the exhaust??

After that I give up. This is fun though. Do you have the IPL for this saw? That will have an exact name I assume, which will be the biggest clue what the heck it is and for what.

:laugh:

Head hurt yet????

That's an odd shape on the transfer intake, wonder if it really is meant to be shaped like that???? :msp_confused:

interesting? Hardly... for space constraints they installed the lower transfers on the front and rear instead of what you are used to on the sides of huskys. you;ve never messed with two stroke bikes have you? That is very common in older bikes. Same therory as the 372, just instead of coming up the case to the sides then into the cylinder, it is just a longer transfer (from the looks). I betcha it is torquier than a 372 also... mearly a guess though as I haven't ran one, but the transfers do not look weird at all to me.

Randy,

We would all like to hear your thoughts........

Well the service manual calls it a "flange".

I want to look it over closer, but I'm thinking it acts as a stuffer to force the air fuel mix out of that area and into the transfers...

Well the service manual calls it a "flange".

I want to look it over closer, but I'm thinking it acts as a stuffer to force the air fuel mix out of that area and into the transfers...

To keep the velocity up since the transfer ports are longer than "conventional" huskys? That is my guess

Subscribing so that I don't miss the 'after' photos!

Philbert

(P.S. - thanks for posting the inside look)

I've got two MS441CRMs up next then a Solo 681 before I will be doing this saw. I just wanted to see what was inside myself. :D

I've got two MS441CRMs up next then a Solo 681 before I will be doing this saw. I just wanted to see what was inside myself. :D

only took you 3 days hahahaha. thanks to randy and brian for making this happen. :msp_thumbup:

Back