The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fricken wind! Boss just called and said I better put my head out the door. He says 40 mph gusts and the Sun isn't even up yet...not good. I hate when they say, "I'm gonna leave it up to the individual". Basically if you add up the fact that he called to tell me that...it must be bad and going to get worse. Awesome....wind chill 4*.

Fricken wind! Boss just called and said I better put my head out the door. He says 40 mph gusts and the Sun isn't even up yet...not good. I hate when they say, "I'm gonna leave it up to the individual". Basically if you add up the fact that he called to tell me that...it must be bad and going to get worse. Awesome....wind chill 4*.

Its -15 right now with a 20mph wind.

hey Jon, you know ya gotto take the oiler off to get to the pto side seal right? what you mean by bearing turning with crank? works as spossed to?
The early 385's have a "hybrid" bearing+seal on the clutch side. Some guys say the seal comes out independently of the bearing, but clutch/oiler are pretty easy to remove, so I'll think on that some more.
I mis-spoke, the bearing on the flywheel side looks perfect, so no case splitting for me

walking my creek on my property yesterday ,came across this old growth stump ,looked a lot bigger in person than this pic ,that tree growing out of it is 12-14 inches across,top of stump maybe 5-6 feet across ,i bet the base of the stump is almost 10 or so feet across ,has the old time springboard notches ,looks like was felled with a misery whip ,must have been some big trees at one time on my land ,i have several big cedar stumps still cedar stump 008.jpg cedar stump 010.jpg cedar stump 009.jpg cedar stump 007.jpg

the new neighbors across the street are cutting down some trees... I really want to video it but don't want to be creepy, yesterday or so they tied a line in one hooked it to a truck started cutting from the face side while pulling with the truck... No face, no back cut, pinch release, pinch again rinse repeat as necessary. Wifey told me about it, wish I was here to see.

good deal Jon. Brian that tree growing out the stump for real? that's wild.
north, ya prolly couldn't stand it.....I couldn't.

yes i see that often around here ,old growth cedar stumps with trees growing in them ,real common for multiple cedar trees to stare the same stump also

Latest posts

Back