The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I nailed the **** out of the skidder today with a pine! I'm sitting there fighting the wind with 10ft top rotations, I was cutting a 2ft + 120 ft pine...wind would set the tree back on my bar...I'd wait...finally got my break and hammered into it...yep, her goes the skidder Op looking right at me, directly through my drop zone! WHAM! Right across the roof! I just looked at him like what the Hell are you doing driving under me while I'm fighting big wind! I kinda smashed the box where the exhaust comes out on the roof! I don't feel a bit responsible either! I should have had "the right of way"! Such a frustrating day..just borders on senseless to cut in wind like that. Hell I even had a load and a half on the ground and was willing to pull chokers instead of cut this morning...Oh no...so I had to cut a whole new strip in order to get 2 loads hauled today...I think I sprouted at least 20 new grey hairs today!

I nailed the **** out of the skidder today with a pine! I'm sitting there fighting the wind with 10ft top rotations, I was cutting a 2ft + 120 ft pine...wind would set the tree back on my bar...I'd wait...finally got my break and hammered into it...yep, her goes the skidder Op looking right at me, directly through my drop zone! WHAM! Right across the roof! I just looked at him like what the Hell are you doing driving under me while I'm fighting big wind! I kinda smashed the box where the exhaust comes out on the roof! I don't feel a bit responsible either! I should have had "the right of way"! Such a frustrating day..just borders on senseless to cut in wind like that. Hell I even had a load and a half on the ground and was willing to pull chokers instead of cut this morning...Oh no...so I had to cut a whole new strip in order to get 2 loads hauled today...I think I sprouted at least 20 new grey hairs today!

I would have told them to "I have a potty mouth".

Shouldn't be too hard to find! They are good saws for sure! Crap I figured with your line-up you'd have (3) or 4 of them.

Nope, don't have one yet. Soon maybe. Local dealer had or maybe still has a brand new 460 still sitting in stock never fueled. Price was right too and I should have bought it.

I would have told them to "I have a potty mouth".

Pftt! I figure the tree did all the talking! I was about 100 ft above him! I got to see the look on his face as it smashed over the roof...it was a combination of "Oh ****, and damn I hope this cab holds up"! LOL!

So it was almost worth it?
Had it been the tweeker skidder OP....YES most definitely! However is was an older fella that I get along with pretty good. All he said was he should have stopped...he watched the tree start committing and I guess it was just like watching a train wreck and never let up on the gas pedal. All I could do is shake my head...good thing was the crash topped my tree for me! WINNING! LOL!

Tagged a garage today if that makes you feel a little better... only dinged a little of the tin roof... no one would have even noticed if I hadn't said anything.

That is why I only cut trees in the middle of the woods and park my truck very, very far away, lol.

Had it been the tweeker skidder OP....YES most definitely! However is was an older fella that I get along with pretty good. All he said was he should have stopped...he watched the tree start committing and I guess it was just like watching a train wreck and never let up on the gas pedal. All I could do is shake my head...good thing was the crash topped my tree for me! WINNING! LOL!

Perfect.

Back