The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I would go with your original thought and replace the carb boot.

I have a little white plastic ring that attaches the carb boot to the carb and also holds the throttle cable. Guy I got the saw from said it is very common for them to overtighted the carb bolts and crack that plastic ring. He gave me a good ring with the saw. Maybe that is it?

I have a little white plastic ring that attaches the carb boot to the carb and also holds the throttle cable. Guy I got the saw from said it is very common for them to overtighted the carb bolts and crack that plastic ring. He gave me a good ring with the saw. Maybe that is it?

I chased a lean on my Son's race quad this year...I tried everything..crank seals, ran through the entire spectrum of jets, changed needles..etc. Always the same thing would happen...I would have the perfect tune for the daytime, but as it cooled off it would run lean and eratic. Turned out to be intake gasket leak! If you are idling up on it's own and crank seals are good, I would say it is a cold air leak at the intake side... IDK JMO

Could be. I would guess if it's been sitting a long time the carb is just stopped up. Could be the fuel line and fuel filter falling apart and stopping it up also.

Back