the official arborist site work saw build off

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are making the sheep nervous.

Back to an earlier topic about how to keep the GTG host from getting too deep in the hole...

We have an auctioneer in our family, and whenever we have a family reunion, everybody brings things for an auction. The proceeds go to the host(s). Most of the stuff is junk, some of it is nice, but overall it is pretty entertaining, and generally raises enough cash to embarrass the host.

Getting some beer into the bidders is a pretty good investment too...

You guys are making the sheep nervous.

Back to an earlier topic about how to keep the GTG host from getting too deep in the hole...

We have an auctioneer in our family, and whenever we have a family reunion, everybody brings things for an auction. The proceeds go to the host(s). Most of the stuff is junk, some of it is nice, but overall it is pretty entertaining, and generally raises enough cash to embarrass the host.

Getting some beer into the bidders is a pretty good investment too...

That sounds good,,, we could all bring project saws, parts, or finished saws we dont use,,, they would fetch a good price and make some money @ the same time,,, Just a thought,,,

They're not as cute and cuddley as people think Will :) I've seen them kick the sh*t out of people (including little kids) at wildlife parks because they're hungry and want someones bag of goodies. They sit up on their tail and double barrel you with both back legs. In the wild they'll generally hop off. They also leave big mofo dents in cars and wreck fences.

Ya I've heard that.

:eek: is right. Now Will, you know there will be no interspecies fornification goin on. :D

That was wrong, on so many levels.:laugh:

Back to the buildoff please...

LOL

i wonder what saw folks on the other thread are going to decide on? me thinks this thread should keep on truckin as a work saw build. id like to stay in the in the realm of saws that are being used in the industry today and are still readily available. such as the 372xp,390xp,395xp,ms440,ms460,ms660,7900. before people say im being biased toward certain people or saws lets keep in mind that there can be more than one build at a time and you very well can choose what ever build you want to be involved in and dont have to compete in my work saw build.

It really doesn't matter to me. I figured it will be a stihl or the 7900 for the next one since the last was husky. More than likely i'll have to buy whatever saw it is to koin in anyway.

i wonder what saw folks on the other thread are going to decide on? me thinks this thread should keep on truckin as a work saw build. id like to stay in the in the realm of saws that are being used in the industry today and are still readily available. such as the 372xp,390xp,395xp,ms440,ms460,ms660,7900. before people say im being biased toward certain people or saws lets keep in mind that there can be more than one build at a time and you very well can choose what ever build you want to be involved in and dont have to compete in my work saw build.

I have to agree ole bud.

It just seems fitting IMO. I'd like to try to build a saw for the next build offf. I just want to build a saw that will be going to work with me. Thats just my opinion though. It's true, people can build whatever they want to. The three on top of my buildoff list are 460, 440, 7900 in that order. I think a 460 would make a perfect buildoff saw for the next buildoff.

Yep Im thinking MS 440 or 440/460 OEM Hybrid, straight up Ms460 or Dolmar 7900
would be a good series of builds Lets have 3 or 4 categories and do them all!!!!

wont have as many in the same category and maybe some will have one they wont have to buy!!!

Last edited:
all this talk about building Stihls is just an evil skeem to try & git me to buy a Stihl.
I guess whatever it takes. I could use a red headed step child in my herd.

Latest posts

Back