The official CT Autumn GTG (07 November 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So looks like 9 confirmed so far. Plus I've got a few local guys that want to come that I'm trying to lock down an answer from.
*Paragon Builder (me)
*Mels & Bruce B
*Mattyo +1 (Dr. Matt and Dr. Karl)
*Drf255 and friend (Dr. Jeckel and Mr. Hyde)
Derf
*MustangMike
*Richevy
Skippyshins
Boozer
Malk315
CTYank
Leeha
Ambull

I can't asterisk my name yet, but it's looking good that I will be able to go.

I have a 353 I need to get numbers on. It's already apart. I need to get timing numbers for a baseline before I cut the case and turn the cylinder base down some. But I need a piston stop to set my TDC and to print out my degree wheel and mount it on something suitable that I can attach it to the flywheel. If you could help me get the Vaseline timing numbers I'd appreciate it.

no problem :)

Being it looks like we will be under 15 guys, we should start a group PM for what saws people are bringing for sale and asking prices.

If you're bringing a saw to run and it may be for sale, that's a different animal.

Being it looks like we will be under 15 guys, we should start a group PM for what saws people are bringing for sale and asking prices.

If you're bringing a saw to run and it may be for sale, that's a different animal.

Yes!

I'm going to have a ported 394 for sale...come hell or high water...still waiting on some parts.

I'll have my 350 there to run and 372 ...and 262xp :)

I'm bringing an MS260 I ported that I will sell at cost if someone is interested.

The fun for me is in the work. If I can get my money back its fine with me.

I'm also bringing an 036 I ported that they'll have to "pry from my dead cold hands". Not for sale.

Nice. Sounds better in cut at full throttle than it does when it is out of the wood.
Can I ask how much you are asking for it?

Not sure. Have to add my costs up.

It has a flat cut piston, a new WT194 carb, AM covers, 225 psi right now. Turning 15,300 in video. It rose to 16,800 when I popped the air filter off and was 4 stroking hard still. A metal filter would make it scream.

I used an old piston that had a few carbon lines on it. So it looks scored a bit but it ain't. Running single top ring

I planned on putting a brand new 16" rollomatic in 3/8 on it for the GTG with a square chain. That cost me another $85 with the sprocket.

I'd cut a new piston anytime the buyer would want for free, just shipping.

I kinda like the saw though.

Back