The official CT Autumn GTG (07 November 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matty I'm behind you succeeding in this 100% (who else is posting build updates at 3:48am?)
and meeting you in two weeks. Your cylinder looked GREAT btw (picture you posted earlier)
don't let the naysayers get to you. When you figure out stuffing that engine into a 372 your
going to have a lot of people pm-ing you! Funny how saws get under your skin and become an
obsession.

Looking to run your ported 372. I hope juttree can make it, good guy I met via AS who ported my
stuff. Randy & Brad have inspired plenty of people and I feel good things will come of that.
I'm going to bring my ported 460 & 391, both run great! I will get a 372 at some point soon.

Not sure. Have to add my costs up.

It has a flat cut piston, a new WT194 carb, AM covers, 225 psi right now. Turning 15,300 in video. It rose to 16,800 when I popped the air filter off and was 4 stroking hard still. A metal filter would make it scream.

I used an old piston that had a few carbon lines on it. So it looks scored a bit but it ain't. Running single top ring

I planned on putting a brand new 16" rollomatic in 3/8 on it for the GTG with a square chain. That cost me another $85 with the sprocket.

I'd cut a new piston anytime the buyer would want for free, just shipping.

I kinda like the saw though.
I'm interested to see how this saw compared to Mels 024 hybrid with a 026 top end. And I may be interested if I'm impressed with it. I could use a 50cc screamer. But my dads 260 and 261 just don't do it for me. I still prefer my husky 55. But maybe I could be converted...

I'm interested to see how this saw compared to Mels 024 hybrid with a 026 top end. And I may be interested if I'm impressed with it. I could use a 50cc screamer. But my dads 260 and 261 just don't do it for me. I still prefer my husky 55. But maybe I could be converted...
Can pretty much guarantee it doesn't come near Mel's.

I'd bet on that.

Oh, I don't know Al. This little hotrod 024 Randy built is alive, like when you run it you can "feel" it kind of alive but don't discount your 026's capabilities. It sounds like it's definitely no slouch!

Recently purchased a 16" Sugi bar in .325 .050 from another member here for it. Now if I could only find some RS chain for it I'd be a happy camper. My friends at the local Stihlership don't have spools of RS in that size. Had them make up a couple 67DL loops of Oregon 20LP(?) for me to get me by, but I really want the RS. They're going to see if their distributor carries the 25' spool that Baileys sells and if so, if they can beat Baileys price. Either way, I plan on buying a spool if I can't find a few loops of RS and make 'em up myself at their shop.

Bar came with a couple chains, one a new in box Carlton which is on the saw now.

I'm thinking of throwing a 16" 3/8 on mine with some RS and square chain.

I'll bring a metal filter for mine as well.

Still waiting on my Baileys order. They seem to have the slowest shipping.

Will be interesting to see how this little saw performs with 3/8.

Wondering if it will slow it down or not.

Will be fun to experiment at the gtg.

Anyway, if mine performs anything like yours does, it's to Randy's credit. He walked me through the entire build and I used all of his trade secrets which he readily divulged. Great guy.

Recently purchased a 16" Sugi bar in .325 .050 from another member here for it. Now if I could only find some RS chain for it I'd be a happy camper. My friends at the local Stihlership don't have spools of RS in that size. Had them make up a couple 67DL loops of Oregon 20LP(?) for me to get me by, but I really want the RS. They're going to see if their distributor carries the 25' spool that Baileys sells and if so, if they can beat Baileys price. Either way, I plan on buying a spool if I can't find a few loops of RS and make 'em up myself at their shop.

Contact the Stihl dealer in Scotland, CT
(860) 456-8062

Great people and a real saw shop, not a lawn mower dealer that carries chainsaws.

Take Care

Matty I grew up in Portland, CT and used to sell parts to Wayne carini who is the guy on chasing classic cars on discovery. F40 motor sports / continental auto body in Portland on route 66 now I believe. Now I'm a Masshole !

So excited to see a CT GTG thanks again to paragon and mels for hosting.

Fingers still crossed I can get the hell outta Shanghai!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the lead, just got off the horn with "Tom, the Monday guy" there in Scotland. They have the RS super in .325 .050, around 24 bucks a 67DL loop made up.

Good lead, Tom was real easy to talk to and said if I was interested in buying what they had left on that spool to call back tomorrow and talk to Jason.

Asked my local guy to check into the 25' spool of it, will give him a call or stop by this afternoon to see what he came up with. If it's a no-go, I'll see what Jason can do for me with that partial spool he has.

Cool.

Even though I'm not the most social guy, I'd love to make this GTG but I highly doubt I can with all the work we've got and winter closing in (sorry Boozer). If Boozer (Marcello) has the room I'll send a few saws up with him for people to run. I'm sure whatever MM and Snelling saws that are there in their class will blow them out of the water but I'm happy with them.

Latest posts

Back