The remembering prectice110 thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little relevent story in following what Jeff said....

Bout a year ago a woman called me to ask me about her father who had died in a violent (won't suffer you the details) high altitude tree climbing accident as an arborist when she was just a little girl.

She had googled his name and came up with a post of mine on AS or TW, can't remember which. It was a very respectful post and I related in the post that I had and still do....occupy the property where he ran his business from. I have also had a number of employees who had worked for his company work for me over the years one of whom was on the job that terrible day.

So I knew the TRUTH. This sensitive, hurt young woman had heard a myriad of stories that were given as accounts of that day (you'd be amazed at them and amazed at the truth as well) and she was very relieved to be finally able to get to the source of the truth. I gave her the phone number and alerted my good friend (no longer an employee of mine) that she would be calling, and I felt very comfortable about putting the two of them together.

One of life's little surprise gifts for everyone involved.

When I first read this thread, I thought he had died from a tree accident and I was wanting to learn as many details of what had gone wrong as I could so as to avoid the same fate. That was straightened out on the first page. The lack of medical statement on COD made me begin to suspect a possible unhealthy foreign substance and I decided not to pursure the subject. Others have brought this out in public here already so I will say this. I don't need any further info on COD. It wasn't a medical condition I need to have the Dr.'s look for and it wasn't tied to his methods of treework, so it won't change my methods for safety. I am sorry for his passing, but let us focus on his life, as that is where we can gain the most on this thread.
Rick

When I first read this thread, I thought he had died from a tree accident and I was wanting to learn as many details of what had gone wrong as I could so as to avoid the same fate. That was straightened out on the first page. The lack of medical statement on COD made me begin to suspect a possible unhealthy foreign substance and I decided not to pursure the subject. Others have brought this out in public here already so I will say this. I don't need any further info on COD. It wasn't a medical condition I need to have the Dr.'s look for and it wasn't tied to his methods of treework, so it won't change my methods for safety. I am sorry for his passing, but let us focus on his life, as that is where we can gain the most on this thread.
Rick

I don't think anyone on here is trying to gain anything from this thread but rather just vent feelings about a very tragic event to a friend.

I can not speak for everyone so I think I am gonna check out of this one and leave with a RIP to Matt. I miss having you around.

Yeah, Matt said he really enjoyed working with you and you knew what you were doing either in a pm or on the phone I think. Didn't mind grounding for you and that is a compliment from one climber to another.

We were trading Floyd lines like poetry :laugh: I had ta 'splain it to the kids on the crew.

Let us not speculate, I do not want to know. I just hope it was peaceful.

Just saying, better to remember than to judge.
Jeff

I just cannot get that log out of my eye...

What ever he was, he was a good guy and a good tree guy.

He was:

A good man who loved his family and worshiped his father

A clown with a joke for everything, none i heard really dirty either.

Fascinated with the machines of the trade.

Some one else keep it going for a while

Just saying, better to remember than to judge.
Jeff

Maybe not so much as to judge but to discern. Its not like he never called me in drunken tirade a time or two. And I listened and I heard and I looked and saw and I recognized. But to do? I tried to tell him to calm down and it worked... for awhile. yeah, it was just like that, just like that.

Last edited:
The service for Matt is on the 17 at Dalman's Evergreens, 7417 W. Hillside Rd. Crystal Lake, IL 60012 from 1:00-4:00.

Last edited:
It is an illegal drug used in the rave crowd.

It's called ecstasy. I understand that it's supposed to give the user the same feeling I get when chips are flyin, trees are fallin, logs are haulin, stumps are grindin, and money's stackin. But I wouldn't know.

Must not be to big around here.........good. Heard of the drug, never heard the slang/code words.

My Dad is in the hospital ,and I need to take my Mom over to stay with him. Hopefully I can make it.

Who else is going to show up, and when? Maybe we should try to make it there at the same time and have a little wake for Mattie Boy?

Back