The remembering prectice110 thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Organ failure.

Damn, really. I was wondering if it had to do with one of the filters, my mom almost went same way, for same reason I am sure. Hope it was peaceful. Still bugs the crap outa me. I was really looking forward to meeting him. Seemed that he would have been fun to hang out with.

Something else I wanted to bring up. I have, as well as a computer can make this happen, feel that I know some of u guys pretty well, literately talk to you guys more than my family. I do not want to continue to "wish" I met someone. I still think that a large annual gathering of Arboristsite junkies is in order. This way we can smack each other in person, instead of with key strokes.
No working or classes, just a good time.

Last edited:
Not even remotely suggesting that anyone take any short cuts like Matt did (mostly unintentionally) but....maybe where he is, is way better than where he was. Like to consider that possibility as I get closer to the end of the ride myself. Anything's possible.

Damn, really. I was wondering if it had to do with one of the filters, my mom almost went same way, for same reason I am sure. Hope it was peaceful. Still bugs the crap outa me. I was really looking forward to meeting him. Seemed that he would have been fun to hang out with.

Something else I wanted to bring up. I have, as well as a computer can make this happen, feel that I know some of u guys pretty well, literately talk to you guys more than my family. I do not want to continue to "wish" I met someone. I still think that a large annual gathering of Arboristsite junkies is in order. This way we can smack each other in person, instead of with key strokes.

Here Here!

Alcohol + X can produce anaesthesia. It can happen easily with the right mix. Hope this isn't what happened but it seems likely.

RIP Prectice110.

X as in rolling? I haven't seen anything regarding that in this thread. I guessed respiratory failure, but that was just because he went in his sleep. Someone mentioned something about a "filter" going bad? No idea as to what that is in reference to. Maybe dialisis sp?

Not even remotely suggesting that anyone take any short cuts like Matt did (mostly unintentionally) but....maybe where he is, is way better than where he was. Like to consider that possibility as I get closer to the end of the ride myself. Anything's possible.

Bah hum bug. Death from above, to die in the field is the ultimate glory..... An attempt to add some levity to the thread. No dis intended of course

X as in rolling shouldn't be a problem in my experience.

I can't go along with "to die in the field is the ultimate glory".

It is if you happen to be a viking. Anyway, I put a disclaimer after what I wrote. X can in severe instances, cause the body to overheat and stroke out.

I think we can untechnically state that self loathing and self abuse and addiction caused his death. Take care of yourselves guys, if not for yourself, for your loved ones.

Do what you need to do to love yourself as well.

I think we can untechnically state that self loathing and self abuse and addiction caused his death. Take care of yourselves guys, if not for yourself, for your loved ones.

This thread is getting pretty intense. not sure I wanna get that deep online.. I hear what you're saying though. We have a responsibility to our loved ones.

RIP, matty.

believe it or not i actually liked you regardless of what was said in the past by me. i really did.

as a true buzzard that you are, we had enough in common.

stay safe, my fellow treeman.

I still think that a large annual gathering of Arboristsite junkies is in order. This way we can smack each other in person, instead of with key strokes.

That is not a bad idea.

I assume you mean a GTG for just arborists but there are GTG's happening all around the country, especially in the Spring and Fall that you could meet up at. For you two, there is one in Iowa on 10/8. Check the chainsaw forum (Stickies within a month of the date) for dates and locations for others.

Enough alcohol can def kill. Trust me. I would think "organ failure" is alittle vague but all the explantion anyone around here needs. IMO. I still catch myself in disbelief that Matt is gone. I keep checking back to this thread because I wanna find out when and where to send flowers. There are still some good posts showing up here but some are just BS. When I was a teenager I was at a party where a hat was being past for money to get a guy to "beer bong" a fifth of Jack. He did it. He died later that nite. Alcohol poisoning was what we were told. I would assume his organs failed..... What ever Matt was into that nite really really doesnt much matter at this point. I just wish he was still around. But life goes on. RIP Matt.

This thread is getting pretty intense. not sure I wanna get that deep online.. I hear what you're saying though. We have a responsibility to our loved ones.

The loathing part (and addiction) come straight up as quotes from him in pm or on phone. I wouldn't assume that stuff. I worried a lot about him. One night when we were "disagreeing" on stuff, I told him to call me at around 1 am and he did and we talked for more than an hour and I go to know him pretty good. Mutually I think.

I think if he could look into this discussion.....he would feel good about it.

Enough alcohol can def kill. Trust me. I would think "organ failure" is alittle vague but all the explantion anyone around here needs. IMO. I still catch myself in disbelief that Matt is gone. I keep checking back to this thread because I wanna find out when and where to send flowers. There are still some good posts showing up here but some are just BS. When I was a teenager I was at a party where a hat was being past for money to get a guy to "beer bong" a fifth of Jack. He did it. He died later that nite. Alcohol poisoning was what we were told. I would assume his organs failed..... What ever Matt was into that nite really really doesnt much matter at this point. I just wish he was still around. But life goes on. RIP Matt.

Amen on both posts,
Phil

The loathing part (and addiction) come straight up as quotes from him in pm or on phone. I wouldn't assume that stuff. I worried a lot about him. One night when we were "disagreeing" on stuff, I told him to call me at around 1 am and he did and we talked for more than an hour and I go to know him pretty good. Mutually I think.

I think if he could look into this discussion.....he would feel good about it.

FTR, I had no problem with your post. I was just debating with myself whether or not to get into this topic on a public forum... maybe it is a good thing.

I was just debating with myself whether or not to get into this topic on a public forum... maybe it is a good thing.

It is. This is not gonna be turned into a Doctor Phil show. Show some respect and don't judge. We all have our time here and speculating can be done in ways other than a public forum. His family and friends may wish to visit his sites. What ever he was, he was a good guy and a good tree guy. He lived how he lived and that is his right.
Jeff :heart:

Back