The Rookie has made his purchase

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My weekly travels take me past HD's in Akron(S. Arlington), N. Canton(Belden Village), Wadsworth, Medina, and Massillon and maybe another one or two that I can't remember right now. If you have not checked any of those, let me know and I'll stop by this week and check.
Finnbear

Finnbear said:
My weekly travels take me past HD's in Akron(S. Arlington), N. Canton(Belden Village), Wadsworth, Medina, and Massillon and maybe another one or two that I can't remember right now. If you have not checked any of those, let me know and I'll stop by this week and check.
Finnbear

Been to all of those except massillion. No luck. Fairlawn doesn't have a rental. Been to quite a few north of summit county, but not much south. Best bet is to call them. Feature 6 is normally tool rental. lol

Hello, Im back from my weekend of cutting.

Before I left, i decided to check the saw out thoroughly. It started first pull like I said, but throttle response was very very sluggish. I adjusted on the carb, and seemed to make quite an improvement. Then I started cleaning on it. There was lots of engraving on it, and looks like someone got something melted on the muffler. I sanded off a lot of the engraving, and took the muffler off, sanded it down, and gave it several coats of high temp gloss black. Saw looked much better. While I had the muffler off, I drilled a nickel sized hole in the side of it where Ive seen others drill :D Also, I took a peek at the piston and cylinder wall, and saw no visable scratches, except what appeared to be possible cross hatching ????

On to the cutting part-
The saw continued to start on the first pull throughout the weekend. I cut stuff ranging from 6" up to I'd say 15". The saw cut right through everything, and nothing seemed to bog the motor at all.
I will say I did notice the weight over the little Homelite, but it made such short work of everything, I got a LOT more done than I planned on.

Overall, Im very pleased with my purchase I know nothing about chainsaws, but I'd like to think that for $200 I got a heckuva saw.

rental saws

I still have good friends at my Local HD rental store would any one be interested in me watching out for used saws for sale for them ?

Freakingstang said:
Been to all of those except massillion. No luck. Fairlawn doesn't have a rental. Been to quite a few north of summit county, but not much south. Best bet is to call them. Feature 6 is normally tool rental. lol
Probably not many in Fairlawn capable or willing to run a chainsaw.:laugh:
I'm assuming the HD's around here do rent the Makita but just don't have any that are near that magic number where they are willing to sell 'em?
Finnbear

Jonsered Rep said:
I still have good friends at my Local HD rental store would any one be interested in me watching out for used saws for sale for them ?

Thats a nice offer and I'd be willing to bet that if you posted when you saw them for sale, someone would snap it up.

Back