The Traveling Leveraxe/Leveraxe 2 Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And this one is done.
Ok, I'm going to open this back up as you guys have done nothing wrong, In the beginning I said if Finland posted I would lock this thread. Finland, you are not a sponsor and apparently you don't want to be. You cannot sell on the open forum. One more post from you and I will ban you as a spammer. Plain and simple. do not post on this thread again.

Finland, I really appreciate you sending the Leveraxe 2 for us to try out. My review is based on my opinions after 2 days of usage. If I am swinging it wrong , I would certainly like to try it again. It must take some practice learning how to swing with a loose grip. I was afraid if I didn't hold the handle too tight, it would go flying out of my hands. What product do you think works best, the Leveraxe 2 or the Original Leveraxe?
Thanks,

Thank you for positive attitude. I admit that the Leveraxe causes many kind of reactions because of several reasons, as too technical, too expensive, cannot find the idea and so on. I'm happy, that you want to know more and learn to use it properly.
Leveraxe 1 has been on the market around 10 years. There has happened NO ACCIDENT with it. I'm getting excellent feed back from all around the world from people who have it. Hard wood, soft wood, any kind of wood. No problems, everything goes. This kind of information keeps me going as well. I am not doing this in vain. There has been over 10 million visitors looking at my videos in youtube https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=leveraxe
It is difficult to say which is better Leveraxe 1 or 2. Both are good. It depends so much, how experienced you are in "reading" the structure of the wood. There are not exactly two similar blocks. That is why every block will create you new situation which you must solve based to the experience and skills what you have got in previous splitting. Leveraxe 2 is 800 grams lighter than Leveraxe 1.
Because Leveraxe 2 is so light you can get much higher speed to it. When you double the speed, the force will multiply four times bigger. In practice these have around the same power. Then it depends of your technical skills how you manage with it. Both of the blades have the same advantage, they will not get stuck to the block provided that you can use it correctly.
Now I'm trying to squeeze the answer to your question.
Leveraxe 1 is better choice to a person, who is not yet very talented with firewood splitting.
Leveraxe 2 is the choice for a person who has already longer experience in dealing with firewood. This requires better knowledge for instance, how to take speed to the blade, what is the best part where to hit.
The difference is very limited. Most of the people learn to use both models in no time.
Leveraxe 2 might be better for younger children and weaker persons.
As you can see, both of them are so nice and enjoyable to use that it is really difficult to draw the line between them.
Maybe if you could make some more precise questions, I could try to find satisfactory answers for you.
The other readers, be free to make your questions. I'm doing my best to answer.
All the best from Finland
Regards
Heikki, the inventor

@Finland Thank you for letting us sample the Leveraxe 2. After being tested by several experienced members I hope the feedback helps you.

@stihl sawing Thank you for keeping this thread open for the rest of us. It's been enjoyable to hear the experiences and stories from those who have tested this tool.

In the event that this thread does die, I will honor the requests of those who are on the list to use the tool.

Thought I would check back here and see whats been going on. Little bit of a fireworks show I see... :popcorn:

@Finland Thank you for letting us sample the Leveraxe 2. After being tested by several experienced members I hope the feedback helps you.

@stihl sawing Thank you for keeping this thread open for the rest of us. It's been enjoyable to hear the experiences and stories from those who have tested this tool.

In the event that this thread does die, I will honor the requests of those who are on the list to use the tool.
It will not die, But finland may have to go away permanently. he can't stay out of it. He will be gone for a week.

Nothing in the first thread changed his mind and he made the thing even cheaper looking.

Well, people did say the first one was too expensive. So it may have contributed to him designing a slightly less expensive version. Interesting to read user comments in both threads. Pretty consistent feedback from posters.

Philbert

Well, people did say the first one was too expensive. So it may have contributed to him designing a slightly less expensive version. Interesting to read user comments in both threads. Pretty consistent feedback from posters.

Philbert

Ever watch Shark Tank on ABC? It would be interesting to see this go into the shark tank. :D I foresee blood in the water!

He seems pretty dead set on loose hands, I'm sure I did not have loose hands. After 25years of splitting wood with a tight grip I don't think I could change that. And when it did seem to "leverage" the wood, the pieces that broke off weren't full pieces, they were splintered. I cut 18-20inch rounds, my stove eats long wood so I'm not gonna cut short for some new maul. It was fun to try and I comend him for letting us try it, but it's very frustrating he isn't more reseptive to any negative feedback. Maybe he should make a two piece handle, one that swivels itself so dumb old me could still squeeze that handle as tightly as I want. Good luck with it...........

He seems pretty dead set on loose hands, I'm sure I did not have loose hands. After 25years of splitting wood with a tight grip I don't think I could change that. And when it did seem to "leverage" the wood, the pieces that broke off weren't full pieces, they were splintered. I cut 18-20inch rounds, my stove eats long wood so I'm not gonna cut short for some new maul. It was fun to try and I comend him for letting us try it, but it's very frustrating he isn't more reseptive to any negative feedback. Maybe he should make a two piece handle, one that swivels itself so dumb old me could still squeeze that handle as tightly as I want. Good luck with it...........

Ya, some sort of springloaded handle or head, spring keeps it straight, the hit lets it swivel/lever and bust. Pick it up for the next strike, it springs back straight again.

Is he selling this axe overseas already or waiting on mass producing after watching all you splitting experts use it?

Price notwithstanding, I think the bone of contention here is the recommended use of the tool. Heikki has chosen to market this as an all purpose splitting tool and I'd paraphrase most member's reviews in saying this maybe should be marketed as a specialty splitting tool.

In shorter, straight grained woods this is far and away the fastest tool for creating splits. In longer and difficult wood, not so much.

Now let's hear thoughts on the price.

I can appreciate the large amount of upfront funding that goes into developing a product of completely new dimensions. Then there's also patents to deal with.

But in a capitalist economy, the amount of capital outlay required to create a finished product does not warrant a price that will recover the initial outlay in a short time, UNLESS it does something revolutionary i.e. cancer treatment drugs. The LA does a great job in short, straight grained wood but I'd classify it as an improvement but well short of revolutionary.

The handle is a standard hardwood piece so the main value falls to the head. What is that worth? Others have thrown out the number of $100. I'd have to agree.

Thoughts?

Latest posts

Back