The truth about Auto-Tune and M-Tronic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 455 does have the AT option. I', guessing the air filter color may indicate weather the saw has AT, or maybe the production run.
I was tossing out the air filter question as if the saw runs perfectly at 6000' and not at 9000' elevation, its an air density issue. Flocked filters can choke an engine in those conditions.
And yeas there is a 455AT.

This person has posted the same thing on other forms, so I'm not sure I can take his posts seriously. Sounds like a kid trying to down Husky, or a former member with nothing better to do.

Thank you for the fine example of a serious case of reading comprehension deficiency......

Well, progress is being made, hahaha. The saw has been in the shop for over a month, and we have heard exactly zero from them. So, we called them, and they said they have a new carb for the saw, but are waiting on a fuel line...hmmmm...I didn't think a fuel line would be such a tricky item to procure.....

Something like that! :)

Wow...looks like RCD (reference post 146) is running rampant. We'll make it easy for y'all. OP was asking people who ACTUALLY OWN auto tune saws to relate their experiences. I do, so I did. Problem ?

Wow...looks like RCD (reference post 147) is running rampant. We'll make it easy for y'all. OP was asking people who ACTUALLY OWN auto tune saws to relate their experiences. I do, so I did. Problem ?
I thought all you Hooskee Lobers were on the same team?
What's with all this infighting, are y'all Republicans now or something? ;)

I thought all you Hooskee Lobers were on the same team?
What's with all this infighting, are y'all Republicans now or something? ;)

We don't know which team we're on yet....so far, we have a working 20-year-old Stihl and a new, non-working Rancher 455....stay tuned....:popcorn:

We don't know which team we're on yet....so far, we have a working 20-year-old Stihl and a new, non-working Rancher 455....stay tuned....:popcorn:
I'm still trying to determine why you jumped brands after 20 years of reliable service; you remind me of an ex wife

I'm still trying to determine why you jumped brands after 20 years of reliable service; you remind me of an ex wife
This is just begging for a really clever answer......unfortunately I can't think of one right now. We bought it because it was "on sale", yadda, yadda, yadda, and when we bought 2 bottles of the pre-mixed fuel, we got a free 2 year warranty (good thing!). We thought the Auto Tune sounded like a good idea......

AHA....you may be on to something......my husband is the one who actually runs the saw, and I asked him this question......well, he doesn't remember exactly....I think he probably pulls the trigger right away thinking the saw will die out if he doesn't get it revved up right away.....when we get it back from the dealer, we will go back out into the woods and specifically investigate this...thanks !
I know who he is too.

Hey, Stihl Sawing........The ONLY way you could know who we are is if you work at the dealership where we bought the saw. If this is the case, maybe you should be doing more wrenching and less surfing. We still don't have the saw back after like 2 months......

2019 update.

I've had my 441cm for probably 10ish years and its more reliable than any other saw I've ever owned or used. I'm finally going to port the muffler.

I'm not a logger and I don't use the saw daily, but I used to be a firewooder. Now I just cut down the occasional tree.

I would buy another electronic saw in a heartbeat. Actually I did. I bought a fs460cm last year.

Latest posts

Back