The truth about Auto-Tune and M-Tronic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I did make it to the dealer Saturday, but I didn't learn much. They run a "skeleton crew" on Saturdays and their head tech., whom I normally deal with was not there. I'll find out more next week when he returns. I'll probably wait to catch him when I go to pick-up my new 562xp next week. I'll post again when this all gets sorted out.

Have you seriously been without your Husky for about 1.5 months?

What is the deal with Husky and taking so long to figure out whether a saw is FUBAR'd or not there is a logger Mingo that had a 576AT and it took him forever to get it working .......... can't remember it IS working or not, but it was in the shop several times.

Amazing,

Sam

Have you seriously been without your Husky for about 1.5 months?

What is the deal with Husky and taking so long to figure out whether a saw is FUBAR'd or not there is a logger Mingo that had a 576AT and it took him forever to get it working .......... can't remember it IS working or not, but it was in the shop several times.

Amazing,

Sam

Yes it's been that long. When I did put the saws in the shop I printed out and showed them the service bulletins that were posted on this site about the 562xp(mine is an early edition 2011 saw), and asked if I had any future problems with when my saw was out of warranty would they repair under warranty. My dealer stated they would, but they decided to go ahead and replace all parts pertaining to the service bulletins while they were repairing the saw for the hot/warm start issue. According to my dealer, my delay has been waiting on these parts, in particular the upgraded fuel line which wasn't going to be in stock till the end of November. So my dealer talked Husky into just replacing the saw with an updated model since I've been waiting so long. Several factors also have made helped me be patient so far: 1) I'm not a professional and don't need the use of a saw to make my living(although I heat the house with wood and I'm starting to get into the firewood business this year on a small scale), 2) I cut alot of wood this summer and was pretty stocked up from last year, and 3) I have a Stihl 261 and Husky 346xp to help me "make do", lol! I also made my dealer aware that I wanted my saws fixed right the first time and if that meant it should take a little longer then so be it(although to be honest I didn't think it would be this long); but hey at least I'm getting a new saw out of it, just trying to stay positive.

Thats messed up. I hear the Husky AT in the 562/550 is a second generation, which is supposed to be better? The M-tron I've heard is 1st gen and supposed to be inferior.

Funny thing is, my 441C starts on the first pull. Cold, warm, hot, whatever. It's wild to pull a saw out of your truck in the morning, pull it one time and it comes right to life. It's the only saw I've ever owned that will start cold on the first pull.

Well I finally got some resolution. I picked her up and signed the new warranty paperwork Wednesday. New 2012 model 562xp. I'm still waiting on parts for my 550xp, evidently Husqvarna sent the wrong parts to my dealer. The tech who's been servicing my 550xp is on vacation till next week, so hopefully I'll talk to him then and get a status update, I'll post more when I find out more.View attachment 261515View attachment 261516View attachment 261517View attachment 261518View attachment 261519

Great. I looked for a 2012 model 562 but no success. My dealer had nine in three different locations. I settled for a 52nd week 2011.

Great. I looked for a 2012 model 562 but no success. My dealer had nine in three different locations. I settled for a 52nd week 2011.

I got lucky I guess, I did review the service bulletins and my serial # covers some of the updates, but falls outside the fuel line and carb updates(I did visually verify that it had the "older" EL44 carb). As long as the saw runs, starts, and restarts properly its not a big deal. I've seen quite a few posters with 2011 models that don't have any issues at all. I just can't wait to cut some wood with it, I don't think I'll get a chance to get into the woods until next week.

I got lucky I guess, I did review the service bulletins and my serial # covers some of the updates, but falls outside the fuel line and carb updates(I did visually verify that it had the "older" EL44 carb). As long as the saw runs, starts, and restarts properly its not a big deal. I've seen quite a few posters with 2011 models that don't have any issues at all. I just can't wait to cut some wood with it, I don't think I'll get a chance to get into the woods until next week.

Can those bulletins be viewed online?

Well I got my 550xp out of the shop yesterday afternoon. The tech who was working on my saw wasn't in yesterday, but I believe he replaced the carb and coil. I hope to try it out in some oak next week, I'll try to post with an update about how it and the 562xp run since coming out of the shop/replacement. Here's some pics.View attachment 264608View attachment 264609

Well I got my 550xp out of the shop yesterday afternoon. The tech who was working on my saw wasn't in yesterday, but I believe he replaced the carb and coil. I hope to try it out in some oak next week, I'll try to post with an update about how it and the 562xp run since coming out of the shop/replacement. Here's some pics.View attachment 264608View attachment 264609

How much time did it spend in the shop

Thats messed up. I hear the Husky AT in the 562/550 is a second generation, which is supposed to be better? The M-tron I've heard is 1st gen and supposed to be inferior.

Funny thing is, my 441C starts on the first pull. Cold, warm, hot, whatever. It's wild to pull a saw out of your truck in the morning, pull it one time and it comes right to life. It's the only saw I've ever owned that will start cold on the first pull.

Well, none of us really have any idea what actually happened here - but it is a fact that some early carbs failed - however, I have seen no evidence that the Autotune itself failed?

Last edited:
Well, none of us really have any idea what actually happened here - but it is a fact that some early carbs failed - however, I have seen no evidence that the Autotune itself failed?

I don't think the auto-tune has anything to do with it either. Like I said I'm pretty sure they just replaced the coil and the carb.

Hang on let me get this correct,your saw has been in the shop (Husky dealer) for over two months getting repaired ?.
If i took my Stihl saw to get repaired at a Stihl dealership i would be jumping up and down after a week.

Hang on let me get this correct,your saw has been in the shop (Husky dealer) for over two months getting repaired ?.
If i took my Stihl saw to get repaired at a Stihl dealership i would be jumping up and down after a week.
this is because a stihl would not be @ the dealer for 2 months. stihl actually tests saws before putting them on the market. how many threads on here have you read where a 261 or a 441 m-tronic have failed or had issues??? anyone??? not too many, because stihl doesn't put junk out on the market just to say they had it there first. say what you will, but sales numbers and marketshare, as well as build quality speak for themselves. i do own both brands btw.:msp_biggrin:

this is because a stihl would not be @ the dealer for 2 months. stihl actually tests saws before putting them on the market. how many threads on here have you read where a 261 or a 441 m-tronic have failed or had issues??? anyone??? not too many, because stihl doesn't put junk out on the market just to say they had it there first. say what you will, but sales numbers and marketshare, as well as build quality speak for themselves. i do own both brands btw.:msp_biggrin:

Do you own a 550xp or a 562xp? If so, what sort of problems are you having that make all these saws junk?

I have some 346 xp's , and they been decent saws, but not near as reliable or well built as 026/ms260/ms261. i never said anything of them be junk, just that the quality and reliability is not there. as far as fools go, the biggest one here posts a bunch of pure BS here daily, and it is quite appearent that talks about saws way more than using them............:cool2:

Back