The ultimate 3 saw plan.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jack-the-ripper
Ultimate 3 saw plan. My signature says it perfectly........Works for me :).

theinfamoustrio001small.jpg

theinfamoustrio003small.jpg

sloch24

sloch24

ArboristSite Guru
3 saw plan..

Small: 026
Medium: ms440
Large: ms660

Then there's the other 440 I just can't bring myself to sell, the 460 that I just can't bring myself to sell, the ms200t that I just can't bring myself to sell, (see a pattern here!?!?!) And of course the 031, the one that started it all... I CAN'T sell IT! :)

But, when I go out to cut, those are the three I generally bring.

Last edited:
danrclem

danrclem

Addicted to ArboristSite
Since I cut firewood for myself I don't really have a need for a real big saw. I have a Makita DCS401, a Husqvarna 359 and a Husqvarna 372. The 359 doesn't get used much but is a good backup for the other two saws if one of them should go down.

I'd really like to add a 346xp to this plan. If (which means probably) I add a 346xp to my group I will probably sell the 401. If I ever run across a deal on a big saw I might add one of those too.

the westspartan

the westspartan

Addicted to ArboristSite
The 359 doesn't get used much but is a good backup for the other two saws if one of them should go down.

If you get the 346, you will use the 359 even less. I have had mine for about a month or two and it has really impressed me. With a 372 and 346 there's not much need for the 359. I run a 441 with the 346 and the 70cc/50cc combo seems just about right. Having said that, I will probably get a 661 when they come out!

Steve NW WI

Steve NW WI

Unwanted Riff Raff.
The problem with all of these plans is that most of us would have to get rid of an awful lot of saws to follow any of them. :givebeer:

Darn strait - if I'd have beleived this "3 saw" nonsense when I first came here, I'd have gotten a case of "Reverse CAD".

Currently, the 170 and the 7300 leave with me whenever I go cutting, might bring more if it's gonna be all day, or if I have help.

Brad is right - gotta have a little saw to toss around without wearing you out, the 170 is good at that, but if something better comes along, I'll replace it - or more likely, just keep it around.

BarkBuster20

BarkBuster20

Addicted to ArboristSite
the three saw plan is beautiful if your going out cutting for the day or doing a job you want 3 saws with you (makes sense to me) but i would never limit myself to three saws, just three saws with me at one time :D

Banshee

Banshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
All I would need would be a 262xp and a 395xp. I have a 395xp just waiting on the 262xp. I like to think my 262xp is on an exciting little trip, seeing the world and makin new friends. . . . . . . .or at least I tell myself that. Man it's taking forever.

Elim

ArboristSite Guru
Husky 346XP
Stihl MS440
Dolmar PS7900

Maybe one of these days I will need a bigger big saw, and the plan will change, but for now this works for me.

Latest posts