The ultimate 3 saw plan.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like who has a three saw plan anyway:dizzy: Mine is a mooded 372,stock 372,stock so far395, stock 2101,stock so far ms 200, stock mspos 192 and next hmmmmmmm 346ne
or 361 bwth 3 saws I want my 200,mooded 372 and my 395.

Ultimate 3 saw plan. My signature says it perfectly........Works for me :).

theinfamoustrio001small.jpg

theinfamoustrio003small.jpg

3 saw plan..

Small: 026
Medium: ms440
Large: ms660

Then there's the other 440 I just can't bring myself to sell, the 460 that I just can't bring myself to sell, the ms200t that I just can't bring myself to sell, (see a pattern here!?!?!) And of course the 031, the one that started it all... I CAN'T sell IT! :)

But, when I go out to cut, those are the three I generally bring.

Last edited:
Since I cut firewood for myself I don't really have a need for a real big saw. I have a Makita DCS401, a Husqvarna 359 and a Husqvarna 372. The 359 doesn't get used much but is a good backup for the other two saws if one of them should go down.

I'd really like to add a 346xp to this plan. If (which means probably) I add a 346xp to my group I will probably sell the 401. If I ever run across a deal on a big saw I might add one of those too.

The 359 doesn't get used much but is a good backup for the other two saws if one of them should go down.

If you get the 346, you will use the 359 even less. I have had mine for about a month or two and it has really impressed me. With a 372 and 346 there's not much need for the 359. I run a 441 with the 346 and the 70cc/50cc combo seems just about right. Having said that, I will probably get a 661 when they come out!

I just moved into a three saw plan, but I don't know what the third saw is? My friend gave me a newer Husky to day and we both do not know what it is.
ZG

The problem with all of these plans is that most of us would have to get rid of an awful lot of saws to follow any of them. :givebeer:

The problem with all of these plans is that most of us would have to get rid of an awful lot of saws to follow any of them. :givebeer:

Darn strait - if I'd have beleived this "3 saw" nonsense when I first came here, I'd have gotten a case of "Reverse CAD".

Currently, the 170 and the 7300 leave with me whenever I go cutting, might bring more if it's gonna be all day, or if I have help.

Brad is right - gotta have a little saw to toss around without wearing you out, the 170 is good at that, but if something better comes along, I'll replace it - or more likely, just keep it around.

For the firewood cutting I do the 361 fits the bill nicely as all three with different length bars. But I did just pick up a nice used 021 as a limber but that's mostly to quench my CAD. (If the budget wouldn't dictate I would be on a 300 saw plan!)

i take the 346, 262 and 066 out everytime i go cut. everynow an then ill drop one for the 142 or the 385. the 142 dont get used much anymore. the 385 is a fine saw nut i like the extra power from the 066.

the three saw plan is beautiful if your going out cutting for the day or doing a job you want 3 saws with you (makes sense to me) but i would never limit myself to three saws, just three saws with me at one time :D

All I would need would be a 262xp and a 395xp. I have a 395xp just waiting on the 262xp. I like to think my 262xp is on an exciting little trip, seeing the world and makin new friends. . . . . . . .or at least I tell myself that. Man it's taking forever.

660 DP
372xp
026 (older) muffler mod

Best setup in all the saws I have used... Possible to supplant the 346xp but for my money its the 026

Husky 346XP
Stihl MS440
Dolmar PS7900

Maybe one of these days I will need a bigger big saw, and the plan will change, but for now this works for me.

Banshee
I was using my 262 and 5100 alternately the other day and noticed the 5100 had a lot less vibration. Just an observation that surprised me.

Latest posts

Back