The Unofficial Chainsaw Weight Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew the 235 was heavier than the 435, but I can't figure out why. I think it's like 6cc smaller motor.

435-1_1866.jpg

Thanks for the pics.

235 is Poulan made saw and 435 Husky made. ;)

Stihl 018C with 3909 14" bar and chain. No fluids. Just an ounce or two over 10 lbs.

Last edited:
441C M-tronic

When I got home I rechecked my scale's accuracy (spot-on) and the weight of the saw (identical to the previous weight). I then started checking the saw over only to discover that the saw was fueled and oiled. I had requested that it not be since the saw is going over the ocean and south of the equator. When I picked it up, the owners son volunteered that it was dry. I didn't have any reason to doubt him and didn't bother checking. Once I figured out the problem, I drained the mix and put it into the oil tank to rinse it well. Then I drained the tank well and ran the saw dry (there was .2 ounce difference after I ran the fuel out of the system). The corrected weight is virtually identical to the 441 I previously owned.

I deleted the inaccurate weight and posted the corrected weight.

Attachments

• 441CM never fueled.jpg
    441CM never fueled.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I have my doubts about that scale....:confused:

I have verified this scale against the Pitney Bowes postage scale at work more than once. I have a 10lb dumbbell that I have lugged into the office to the strange looks of my co-workers. Each time the scale at home has weighed within a couple tenths of an ounce of the the PB scales. I also weighed two 346's this past weekend and their weights were consistant with what I am used to seeing on 346's. I still have this saw, unfueled in the shop. I will check the saw weight and the dumbbell weight tonight.

16in bars

es 3/8 .050 as reference.

3/8 .050 small mount powermatch

.325 laminate .058 small mount prolite

.325 .058 total (tsumura) mini nose small mount

3/8 .058 total (tsumura) small mount

winner
.325 .058 total mini nose small mount

some one post up some sugi hara wieghts.

Back