The unofficial Mac 10-10 thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you change out the tank so you can get to the screws? I've got a spare h/l adjustable sdc carb, but don't see how'd you get to the screws unless I change tank or drill holes in side of airbox?
I changed the tank.. I never really had good luck sealing them but this appairently is the exception to the rule

Unfortunately for some reason my pm700 has decided to start dying in the cut after running so we'll the last time I used it. The 55 is really showing it up today....:(
Not good when I have some 30"+ elm to go buck up and haul home tomorrow.
20180922_172928.jpg

I have several of the full wrap bars still, but you would have to modify the clutch cover or find one of the old style (7-10) clutch covers to allow it to fit.

View attachment 671285

Modified later cover.

View attachment 671286

$50 + shipping to cover my cost.

Mark Heimann

Mark,
Do you still have any of these full wrap handles?
Are these aluminum or steel.
Let me know, I am interested in two of them.

Don't change the carburetor, McCulloch did a good job of selecting the correct jet for those saws unless you are located in some extreme altitude.

Same for the SP125 saws, they will never be lean due to carburetor adjustment.

Mark

Well I'll say this is a correct statement. Ran the 55 today alongside my 6401....well actually 55 to the rescue after I pinched the Makita. After I freed it I kept switching back and forth. Of course the 6401 is generally faster and better saw, but the 55 wasn't as far behind as I thought it would be, especially being 7cc down in size. The one impressive thing I noticed though is the Makita could/can be stopped when leaned on a little, not the Mac it keeps chugging right through. I'm very impressed.

Need/hunting some things for the fleet. 3 of them have leaky tanks and carb issue kit or cleaning. of some sorts but they all run.

Unit 1 is 600013K serial 12-11538. NEEDS
NOS short yellow clutch cover with brake/hardwear
20"-28" bar, 2 bar plates (thought about making them) chain, spruce,poplar fire wood is what i intend.
Black Button/wire
spike kit
flywheel dog return springs 2, flywheel half moon key,needle bearing and 2 thin washers behind the flywheel

Unit 2 is 600014E serial 11-11532 Needs
bar and chain 20" possibly, bar plates
tank gasket and carb kit see where that gets me. i dont really see anything missing
spike kit

Unit 3 600013U serial 12-115129 Needs
the metal plate between the air filter and the carburetor, held down by carb bolts, covers the throat.
LHS recoil assembly
a bar and chain and bar plates.
spike kit

Unit 4 AUTO 600013K serial 12-11061 Needs
oil pump button and rod mechanism
throttle hold button/linkage/spring
bar stud 1
short clutch cover
bar chain
spike kit

Attachments

• Image-28.jpg
    Image-28.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
  • Image-29.jpg
    Image-29.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • Image-30.jpg
    Image-30.jpg
  • Image-31.jpg
    Image-31.jpg
I need a favor.
I’m rebuilding a friends mac 10-10 and it is missing the plastic stop switch base ( part number 214961)
I have a 3D printer and am willing to draw the part and upload it to thingiverse if someone could measure one up and post a dimensioned sketch of it.
Any help would be appreciated.

A few people have asked throughout this thread but it has never been answered to my knowledge. Differences between 10-10, pro 10-10, and pro Mac 10-10?

Chain brake on pro and pm and a long clutch cover on pm. Different air filter/cover on regular old black top 10-10. How about the motors, any porting difference or anything else? Seems like a couple vids on YouTube really show the pm to be a strong runner. Seems/looks stronger than regular 10-10 and pro.

A few people have asked throughout this thread but it has never been answered to my knowledge. Differences between 10-10, pro 10-10, and pro Mac 10-10?

Chain brake on pro and pm and a long clutch cover on pm. Different air filter/cover on regular old black top 10-10. How about the motors, any porting difference or anything else? Seems like a couple vids on YouTube really show the pm to be a strong runner. Seems/looks stronger than regular 10-10 and pro.

Don't get overloaded, a 10-10 is a 10-10, there are few noticeable differences.

^^ Oou those shavings are deadly mogulmasher!!!!! hand file 3/8? wow!!! iwannachopwood. Shout out to Mark for all kinds of parts i needed and helped me out with some info ,and fossil you guys rock!

I don't currently own and old Macs, but back when I did, my left arm biceps got huge! Since getting rid of the Macs, I have lost a lot of strength. Pulling on those old macs was excellent exercise! :)

Latest posts

Back