The we need to help Stump rebuild a shop, replace tools, replace saws thread.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK fellers/gals here is what I have been kicking around On the EC 7900 Dolkita Raffle saw,,,,

I got her cleaned up and all the fluids drained just berfore dark,,, and will ship it W/brand new OEM 7900 P/C to Eric Copsey early this week,,, I'm gonna take a few pics just before I package it and post them up tomorrow after Mass,,,

Guys Im telling you all,,,, Ive bought a few of these HD saws,,,, this is one is the nicest Ive ever gotten,,,

now here is how I would like to do the raffle,,,,

A football pot (Game TBD),,,, final score,,,,,, 50 squares,,, 2 numbers per square each way,,,,, that will give 4 chances per square,,, Cost per square TBD but for example @ $35.00 per sq. X 50 will net $1750.00 that works out to $8.75 a chance that less than $10.00 a ticket

what do you guys/gals think????

If it goes down that way put me down for one square. Tom

OK fellers/gals here is what I have been kicking around On the EC 7900 Dolkita Raffle saw,,,,

I got her cleaned up and all the fluids drained just berfore dark,,, and will ship it W/brand new OEM 7900 P/C to Eric Copsey early this week,,, I'm gonna take a few pics just before I package it and post them up tomorrow after Mass,,,

Guys Im telling you all,,,, Ive bought a few of these HD saws,,,, this is one is the nicest Ive ever gotten,,,

A football pot (Game TBD),,,, final score,,,,,, 50 squares,,, 2 numbers per square each way,,,,, that will give 4 chances per square,,, Cost per square TBD but for example @ $35.00 per sq. X 50 will net $1750.00 that works out to $8.75 a chance that less than $10.00 a ticket $25.00 X 50= $1250.00 and so on,,,

I'll take a circle, should be 25 % cheaper.

Dang, this implies we aren't your close friends. :sad:

Maybe I should have worded it a little differently. I usually only do this kind of stuff for the local people around me and I do do it for free for them. I am offering to do this for any of my friends and I made this offer to all of you guys on here. So does that make you feel better?

I got her cleaned up and all the fluids drained just berfore dark,,, and will ship it W/brand new OEM 7900 P/C to Eric Copsey early next week,,, I'm gonna take a few pics just before I package it and post them up tomorrow after Mass,,,

Im telling you all,,,, Ive bought a few of these HD saws,,,, this is one is the nicest Ive ever gotten,,,

A football pot (Game TBD),,,, final score,,,,,, 50 squares,,, 2 numbers per square each way,,,,, that will give 4 chances per square,,, Cost per square TBD but for example @ $35.00 per sq. X 50 will net $1750.00 that works out to $8.75 a chance that less than $10.00 a ticket $25.00 X 50= $1250.00 and so on,,,

:msp_confused: :msp_confused:
:msp_confused:
:msp_confused:

Will, the gaskets arrived safely. Do these look more like 090G gaskets?:) Hopefully these are all the parts I'll need for the rebuild. Randy, I can head the extra intake tract gasket your way if you need them. If not, I've got a Contra of my own to go through.

IMG8315-M.jpg

I think a straight raffle like we've done here before would still be the way to go. Those football square things suck. Lets not put more emphasis into the contest/gambling/game aspect than needed. The whole point here is to help Stumpy get back on his feet.:cheers:

Ya how does it work? need more info, never played anything like that before and I know nothing about football

OK I will get you some Info/examples, and post it up tomorrow,,,

I think a straight raffle like we've done here before would still be the way to go. Those football square things suck. Lets not put more emphasis into the contest/gambling/game aspect than needed. The whole point here is to help Stumpy get back on his feet.:cheers:

Duely noted,,,, would You like to run the raffle???

Last edited:
Will, the gaskets arrived safely. Do these look more like 090G gaskets?:) Hopefully these are all the parts I'll need for the rebuild. Randy, I can head the extra intake tract gasket your way if you need them. If not, I've got a Contra of my own to go through.

I've talked it over with Preston and we plan to part the Contra out. It will bring the most that way I think. It has quite a lot of corrosion.

Man guys I wish I had enough money to buy the Contra, the thought of you dismantling a relic makes me sick. If I could Id buy it just to stare at it. I love the lines of that saw, look at the avatar. Well If it'll maximize profits for the stumpster I guess..............

OK I will get you some Info/examples, and post it up tomorrow,,,

If you would, like my wife said she would volunteer to run the raffle. She has experience with raffles, she ran one every year for the Minnesota four wheel drive association for about ten years. It would be our pleasure to help out. PM me or just post it here and let me know.

I don't have the time or resources to do it. Just giving my opinion. As one of the donors for the raffle, I thought it'd be OK to do so....

Ya how does it work? need more info, never played anything like that before and I know nothing about football

I am in the same boat. I know nothing about football.

Wow I am not the only one around who don't do football :rock:

The "squares" thing doesn't have anything to do with football in specific. It's just a gambling method for groups of people. Uses a grid (comprised of squares) with 1 through 10 numbers along the X and Y axis. It can be used with any game using a set of two scores. It involves the last digit of each score matching the numbers on the edges of the grid..................hopefully intersecting at the square that you've picked. There are variations of the theme. This sort of thing is usually used by groups of friends, office/factory/watch pools, etc.

I'm not sure how it'd be used in this case, since there are multiple prizes and hopefully multiple 'winners'. Every "squares" thing I've seen has involved a pot/pool payed into by everyone involved. With football games, there's usually winners for each half, and sometimes a winner for each quarter. Sometimes players can buy multiple "squares" for more chances of winning. Gambling holds no interest for me, so I avoid these things....

If you would, like my wife said she would volunteer to run the raffle. She has experience with raffles, she ran one every year for the Minnesota four wheel drive association for about ten years. It would be our pleasure to help out. PM me or just post it here and let me know.

Thanks so much to you and your wife for stepping up and running this. Much appreciated!:D

IMG8315-M.jpg

Sweet! Glad they made it ok. I figured you could use the extras, that's why I sent them all to you. Keep them for yourself of do as you wish.

Glad I could help, even in a little way.

I think the EC 7900 is going to be on a raffle all by it's self correct me if I am wrong

I believe you're right. There's several ebay auctions (some completed, some ongoing, and at least one that's yet to start) to raise money for Stumpy. There's the "main" raffle (which has Duke Thieroff's Homelite SXL925, my McCulloch 10-10A, Jon1212's Stihl 075, a 32" bar, and maybe some other stuff I'm forgetting). Then there's the EC 7900 raffle by itself....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back