The working man, and chainsaw thread!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work! Looked like a bit of a challenge with the leaners. Wedge em over? Couldnt see from the video. Looks like some good firewood.

Thanks, they both had "a bit" of lean and I had wedges ready to use but didn't need 'em. I was glad(relieved)they went over on their own. :D Ayuh, it's a good firewood score for sure. :msp_w00t:
Time to make coffee and get ready for work.....

Brian awesome pics my friend, you get on our group? If not hit it up again I will ad ya. Thanks Aaron Jeanne is happy to have it. The working man threw in the towel after 17.5 hours yesterday I was shot! Good to see ya when yo drove by buddy, hoping you would that's why I texted ya! Trees down everywhere! Randy great stuff nothing to criticize nice work as usual!

Was good to see you too Norm. Rachel was facinated by the boom truck. If I was thinking, I'd have brought that handlebar for you. We were on the way to Larkspur to pick up a saw from a CL seller...:D

Last edited:
Aaron cool my friend, model of the saw?? Yeah I love that truck it is mine at the county, we have six saw, 4 ms200's a 365 full wrap, and a 046 mag. Two climb lines, block, trhow line porta wrap, Tools oil gas generator, you name it. Guess who outfitted it?:msp_wink: When it gets real ugly, the 3120, and 660 ride with me too:msp_rolleyes: Randy welcome buddy, cold weather can be tough to work in. Cary good to see ya!

Sound like a well outfitted truck Norm. The saw isn't anything exciting. Just a Poulan Pro 330. One of the last 'Pro Quality' Poulans made. 56cc. Mag crankcase. Most 'modern' saw I own by a good 15-20 years...:D

Last edited:
Aaron cool my friend, model of the saw?? Yeah I love that truck it is mine at the county, we have six saw, 4 ms200's a 365 full wrap, and a 046 mag. Two climb lines, block, trhow line porta wrap, Tools oil gas generator, you name it. Guess who outfitted it?:msp_wink: When it gets real ugly, the 3120, and 660 ride with me too:msp_rolleyes: Randy welcome buddy, cold weather can be tough to work in. Cary good to see ya!

Norm,
I got frostbite on both hands when I was 14, ever since then my hands ache when they get cold. :bang:
It's that time again, gotta make coffee and get ready for work.....
Have a safe last half of the week. :msp_thumbsup:

Sweet Aaron! Sorry to hear that Randy on the hands. One thing us working men, don't speak of, some may not appreciate much, a great pair of work boot's. My old hathornes lasted me almost 8 years, chasing behind the dogs, and cutting in the woods. I will still get more wear too!:clap: But it was time to get a replacement pair while I could.

Sweet Aaron! Sorry to hear that Randy on the hands. One thing us working men, don't speak of, some may not appreciate much, a great pair of work boot's. My old hathornes lasted me almost 8 years, chasing behind the dogs, and cutting in the woods. I will still get more wear too!:clap: But it was time to get a replacement pair while I could.

Norm,
you're right, a good (comfortable) pair of boots that protect your feet are priceless. :msp_thumbup:
My problem is it's so hard for me to find boots that fit right and are comfortable. If I had a place near me where I can try them on to make sure the fit was right I would get some. Those are some great looking boots Norm! Looks like you got your money's worth out of the old ones. :msp_tongue:
Time to make coffee and get ready for work, and put some wood in the stove.....:cold:

Randy I am jealous of the snow, its still hot down here. Looks like things are going well in the videos. How many of the oaks do you have left? Norm, nice looking boots. Have been wanting a pair of Whites myself for a long time. A good pair of boots can make or break your day for sure. Are those rebuildable?

Randy I am jealous of the snow, its still hot down here. Looks like things are going well in the videos. How many of the oaks do you have left? Norm, nice looking boots. Have been wanting a pair of Whites myself for a long time. A good pair of boots can make or break your day for sure. Are those rebuildable?

Brian,
the snow didn't stay around too long, the weather warmed up to the 40's with a cold rain a few days after and melted it all. :(
We got all the way up to the low 50's for a day or two, but today it only got up to 38[SUP]o[/SUP] with bright sunshine. :msp_tongue:
I think I have another 6 - 8 more Oak to cut, 2 White Birch, and 2 Beech. Weather is getting cold, makes it "a bit" harder to work. :cold: Still trying to get caught up on editing videos, I think I have two more to do.....:confused:
I don't know if I mentioned it before but I've been keeping my eyes open for something to "upgrade" my climbing hitch setup, something that won't "break the bank". I had a package waiting for me on my back porch when I got home. Just opened it up 10 minutes ago, can't wait to get it on the rope to try it out!!!:msp_w00t:

attachment.php

That looks pretty cool Randy. Never seen it before, so I watched a couple of videos on it. Both were used on srt but looks like it will work on double rope good. Let me know how you like it. I want to get some sort of mechanical ascender, but they cost too much for me at the moment. Hope it works good for you.

That looks pretty cool Randy. Never seen it before, so I watched a couple of videos on it. Both were used on srt but looks like it will work on double rope good. Let me know how you like it. I want to get some sort of mechanical ascender, but they cost too much for me at the moment. Hope it works good for you.

Ayuh,
as soon as I saw it being used on video I could see it was a good setup. To tell the truth all I know is DRT, I do use "SRT" many times to descend out of the tree using a figure 8, so simple to use. :msp_thumbup: That's the extent of my SRT experience but, watching the videos on this Hitch Hiker my mind is spinning with all the different possibilities that open up. Don't know when I'll get a chance to actually work with it, depends on the weather, we'll see.....:dunno: I'll let you know how it works out. I could just hang a rope in my basement but it's time to get some sleep, 4am comes early around here.....:hmm3grin2orange:

Never tried SRT. Really never had to climb high enough to make it worth while. Both me and my boss have been looking at the spiderjack, looks real nice but very pricey. One day I will try it out. Hope it works well for you. And yes 4am does come early. I get to sleep in to 0630 tomorrow:clap:.

Never tried SRT. Really never had to climb high enough to make it worth while. Both me and my boss have been looking at the spiderjack, looks real nice but very pricey. One day I will try it out. Hope it works well for you. And yes 4am does come early. I get to sleep in to 0630 tomorrow:clap:.

.....was able to get the Hitch Hiker on sale at Wesspur for $128, and that was a stretch for me, but I believe it was worth it.....;):msp_sleep:

Latest posts

Back