The working man, and chainsaw thread!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:cool2:You are the Charlie daniels of tree vid's I love em, kee;):D:msp_thumbsup:p up the good work

Thanks Norm,:D
I'll keep going back to the reason I started making them in the first place, it helps me do tree work better/safer. ;) And if someone else can learn something from them or even just enjoy watching them then it's well worth the effort for me to keep on makin' 'em. :chainsaw:

Hello gang, Aaron ended up dropping everything, to race to Jesus's house, our new pup was pretty sicke, spent the day up there nursing him back to health, was worried we were going to lose him, so no cutting. He is much better tonight. with my 2100's I am trying to come up with the best filtration, lot of k&N available, had not messed with them in years, so thanks for all the infoe, just have to figure out an adapter. Good to see you Jim:clap:

Hiya Norm,

Sorry about the rough times that the little pup had to go through. Glad you got him back on the mend.

Got the other crank seal swapped on John's Homelite 750. Runs GREAT now. The PTO side wasn't bad, but that FW side seal is a ##### to get out. Glad to be done with that one. Also fixed the stripped out flywheel housing screw hole. Tapped it for a 12-24 screw.

If John wants to run it in oak with my 33" bar he's going to need to get a 100DL loop of .404-.063G chain made up. The loop I have now is sharp, but has the rakers set REALLY low. I think the guy that owned it before me had it set up for racing in softwoods. It flat out flew through a cedar log that I have here, but I'll bet it'd be too grabby for oak.

Glad your puppy is doing better Norm!! Hope you get out to do some cutting soon. Randy, I know what you mean about loving the work. There are days I wish I kept climbing as just a hobby, but I really do enjoy the work. Even when it sucks. On the bright side of things, I was able to get my saw back running today. Took 40$ in parts and a couple hrs. and its back in action.

Glad your puppy is doing better Norm!! Hope you get out to do some cutting soon. Randy, I know what you mean about loving the work. There are days I wish I kept climbing as just a hobby, but I really do enjoy the work. Even when it sucks. On the bright side of things, I was able to get my saw back running today. Took 40$ in parts and a couple hrs. and its back in action.

Hope that puppy keeps getting stronger Norm. ;)
Brian,
Good to hear you "brought it back to life" with a "minimum" of expense, it hurts to lose a good saw. :msp_thumbup:
It's been a little while since I've been able to do any climbing/cutting, the weather has been COLD and wet. :msp_thumbdn:
Time to put some wood in the stove, make coffee, and get ready for work.....
Work safe. :msp_thumbsup:

Was cleaning the moss out of a pine tree this morning and found a corn snake under the first pile I grabbed. It was mad and came out swinging LOL. Made me a little nervous the rest of the morning wondering what I was going to find next.

attachment.php

Was cleaning the moss out of a pine tree this morning and found a corn snake under the first pile I grabbed. It was mad and came out swinging LOL. Made me a little nervous the rest of the morning wondering what I was going to find next.

attachment.php

NICE!!!!! Brian do you like snakes?! I love snakes, :msp_w00t: watch out for the poisonous ones!!! :msp_scared:
How long was it, did you get a good look at it?!? :hmm3grin2orange:
Work safe. :msp_thumbsup: (I really mean it! ;))

WOW! your lucky, what a find, all we find up here under stuff is slugs, snales and sow bugs:hmm3grin2orange:

YIKES!!! That chain must have been spittin' out some "strange lookin'" chips!? :msp_ohmy:

Just think about what's up under the clutch cover. Hair wrapped around the crankshaft. Bits of meat and bone. Gonna want to clean that out before it rots. Yuck. I'll bet blood's pretty corrosive too because of the salt...

another fatty the boys limbed it up and knocked it down to 35'. i'll be there in the morn to tip it and grind up the evidence.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Howdy gang great to see ya, thanks on the well pup wishes, doing so great, and filling out. With his poor little belly being soured, he got picky hard to get him to eat much, so jesus cooked up bacon and eggs, well guess what he eats now:cool2: Aaron qusetion is will that ole boat anchor pull a 33in bar in hard wood?:laugh::laugh:;) Ahh poor little possum, dam what a freak thing. Hey gang wanted to thank Cary so much, with all my K&N talk, adpater etc, get a text from him yesterday, he found a v-stack at a local shop, and grabbed it, and it's on its way to my house, never even asked him for one, or even to look for one, that's a fine friend:rock:;)

Like I said Norm, no problem, should be there for the weekend, gotta keepum running:msp_biggrin:. Ummm Yup!!! better give that saw a gooooood cleaning for sure, the blood will in no time start rusting things bad+ the stink:msp_scared:

Just think about what's up under the clutch cover. Hair wrapped around the crankshaft. Bits of meat and bone. Gonna want to clean that out before it rots. Yuck. I'll bet blood's pretty corrosive too because of the salt...

:sick::greenchainsaw:Dang, gag, puke, ugh! not to mention what sprayed all over the legs and the fine mist inhaled , and whats cooked in to the bar grove and the spocket nose, gosh might need to go through the whole saw :popcorn:

Sorry Cary, had my hands full when you called, had my dogs out packing wood, etc! I text a lot as I go, man facebook has been a lifesaver, and this group, get to chat, and socialize with almost all my friends at once. Good night you guy's, working man is getting up at 230am, have to sand the county roads, for ice, man 230 comes early.

Howdy gang great to see ya, thanks on the well pup wishes, doing so great, and filling out. With his poor little belly being soured, he got picky hard to get him to eat much, so jesus cooked up bacon and eggs, well guess what he eats now Aaron qusetion is will that ole boat anchor pull a 33in bar in hard wood? Ahh poor little possum, dam what a freak thing. Hey gang wanted to thank Cary so much, with all my K&N talk, adpater etc, get a text from him yesterday, he found a v-stack at a local shop, and grabbed it, and it's on its way to my house, never even asked him for one, or even to look for one, that's a fine friend.

If John puts a good 100DL loop of .404-.063G on that bar, it'll pull it with authority. It'd do the same with another foot or two of bar as well. You'll be impressed. That "ole boat anchor" is about the same age as your 1100CD you know. It's had a few more miles (make that a few hundred thousand BF) on it however......:D

photobucket-1249-1336894296484.jpg

photobucket-2805-1336894259808.jpg

photobucket-1113-1336894277660.jpg

photobucket-1100-1336894353299.jpg

photobucket-1210-1336894370397.jpg

photobucket-11536-1336894387494.jpg

photobucket-15227-1338787370831.jpg

This video was shot after I changed out the PTO side crank seal, but before I swapped out he FW side seal.

[video]http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u318/Eccentric_photo/Homelite%20Chainsaws/?action=view&current=photobucket-11231-1351392232843.mp4[/video]

Last edited:
Sorry Cary, had my hands full when you called, had my dogs out packing wood, etc! I text a lot as I go, man facebook has been a lifesaver, and this group, get to chat, and socialize with almost all my friends at once. Good night you guy's, working man is getting up at 230am, have to sand the county roads, for ice, man 230 comes early.

Hey Norm,
sleep well, 2:30am does come early! :msp_scared: Hope you're not getting up that early for an "extended" period of time?!
Sounds like compared to you I got to "sleep in" this morning. :hmm3grin2orange:
Time to put wood in the stove, make coffee, and get ready for work.....
Work safe. :msp_thumbsup:

Back