The working man, and chainsaw thread!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tlsf150 welcome my friend, and outstanding pictures!! Randy great to see u, and love the memorial post my friend I agree! Laptop coming soon, and I will be regular here again! Ran with the dogs friday, and it was the best of three, 2 boars out of three in the freezer, and we all were wasted, got in bed at 3 am saturday, then woke up at 8, to cut on one of the ranches, brush and tree, road clearing, day belonged to the 288xp! Last two days resting up, dogs too. And got some firewood to go pickup soon, from our cutting.

Tlsf150 welcome my friend, and outstanding pictures!! Randy great to see u, and love the memorial post my friend I agree! Laptop coming soon, and I will be regular here again! Ran with the dogs friday, and it was the best of three, 2 boars out of three in the freezer, and we all were wasted, got in bed at 3 am saturday, then woke up at 8, to cut on one of the ranches, brush and tree, road clearing, day belonged to the 288xp! Last two days resting up, dogs too. And got some firewood to go pickup soon, from our cutting.

Norm,
good to hear from ya' again! Sounds like a great day out with the dogs, glad to hear it. :clap:
Rest up before you get that firewood. :msp_wink:
Speaking of firewood, believe it or not we had snow falling here the night before last, and yes I burned some
wood in the stove..... :hmm3grin2orange:

Happy Memorial Day!! Spent my day running a tiller, got the whole back yard turned up. Dirty, dirty work lol. Hope everybody had a great Memorial Day.

What up gang! Randy thanks great day indeed! Ron I agree great memorial day post and reminder. Looking at my firewood pile reminds me I gotta get cracking! Looked at a possible job the other day, but been slow so far.

What up gang! Randy thanks great day indeed! Ron I agree great memorial day post and reminder. Looking at my firewood pile reminds me I gotta get cracking! Looked at a possible job the other day, but been slow so far.

Ayuh,
been slow for the past couple weeks, but the break has been nice. :msp_thumbup:
Went and looked at a possible take down yesterday after work, "a bit of challenge" if
the home owner decides he wants me to do it. :msp_ohmy: Here's a couple pics.....

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Lookin like a good challenge there. From the pics im assuming that's his service drop and cable lines? Working around wires is never too fun!! But as long as there not hot lines, like primary hot I mean!! Service drops are pretty forgiving. Its the hot wires you gotta look out for!! I been Sooooooo busy I don't know which ways up! But just dropping in to say hello guys!View attachment 298086

Randy, I would say that is a bit of a challenge. How do you work that close and in amongst the wires? Just gotta be super careful?
Stihl In Wood, glad to hear you been busy----its better than looking for work and not finding it! Big tree you are standing by in your pic, does it need to come down?

Ron

Stihl n Wood,
Ayuh, that's exactly what it is. The home owner would like it down but doesn't "have the ability/tools" to do it
himself. Loves the tree, but hates having his lines up against it. Because the lines are so close/up against the
tree it should be easier to get it down safely. Talking with other tree workers that have worked around "service
drops", they are saying the same as you, should be no problem. :msp_thumbup: Just don't drop any wood on top
of the lines..... :msp_scared: :hmm3grin2orange:
By the way, nice pic, you takin' it down? :popcorn:

Ronaldo,
to answer your question, as long as I don't cut through the wires or drop wood on top of 'em, :msp_unsure:
I won't have any problems. ;)

Last edited:
I agree with Stihln wood, looks like a good challenge Randy. And I know your upp to it buddy! How we all doing gang great to see ya!

Hey guys I dropped some trees today. The one pictured looks to be very solid and I will try to mill boards out of the trunk as there are two sections that are pretty straight. I have my mind set on trying to build a new dinette table down the road. The trees you see in the back ground I dropped as well. They were all linden and all quite big. Homeowner has a skid loader with a grapple so he will haul the stuff to a burn pile. They are doing some remodeling to the house so that is why the ash tree is going.

I have to go back and grind out all the stumps and it will be a large inch count as one stump measure in length just over 8' . I will get a picture of that one.

I have been struggling to keep up as now that my kids are out of school I go back to my primary job of taking care of them when wifey is at work. So no as soon as she gets home I run out the door to get stumps or trees done until dark. It is becoming a little overwhelming with compounding that with all the rain we have been getting.

That is the 880 on the tree with a 41" bar
ytusagum.jpg

pezyvusu.jpg

I agree buddy, that's what it is all about. Ahh much needed just rest relax, and BBQ this weekend. Hoping some jobs come soon though, and may start cutting firewood next weekend though.

Randy on those wires is that a service to a home? Around my parts we can get the power company to take them down but maybe that is not a an option for your situation.

Looks very challenging:msp_scared:

Norm if I could have gotten more pictures I would have. In all I cut down seven trees and bucked them all up to be removed. It would have made for some good pictures but homeowner was watching me very closely so I passed on taking to many pictures.

At the end my arms were cramping so bad I could hardly hold the saw. I would say I was pushing into the danger area of being t physically tired to go on. I would have liked to flush cut all the stumps there but I was just to tired at that point. I did get the trees all on the ground though so that goal was made

Last edited:
Shane,
way to go, good job getting all those trees down. :msp_thumbup:
You're absolutely right, when your arms start cramping up like that your body is tellin' you something,
it's quittin' time. Glad to hear everything went well for ya'. :D
Here's a video I took Saturday afternoon of friction saver installation, nothin' fancy. The friction saver
is one I made/spliced about a week ago.....
Time to get ready for work, make some coffee..... :msp_sleep:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/te-FCGZiDVw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

P.S. Yes Shane, it's a service drop to the house, I "should" be able to work around it.....

That looks like it will be an interesting job Randy. Looks like it may be a good one for a speed line.

Brian,
need to get the OK from the home owner, when/if he says go I'll commit to a "plan A" and have "plan B,C,D,etc" ready to go. :msp_thumbup: Because the wire is up against the tree it should be no problem to cut the top out and easily have it drop clear of the wires. :msp_thumbup: I'm sure I'll have to do some trimming to make sure the weight of the top is where I want it. ;)
I hope I get it, never had a job this close to wires. :msp_ohmy:

Latest posts

Back