The working man, and chainsaw thread!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NORMZILLA44

NORMZILLA44

Addicted to ArboristSite
Very nice Brian! Randy yep I need to get on them pics, soon to be cutting. Montana Jack welcome my friend. I have family everywhere on that map in Montana, my mom was born and raised there. Havre. Then family in Libby, Kalispell, butte, great falls, Helena, and many more. Love the big sky country!

Stihl n Wood

Stihl n Wood

ArboristSite Operative
Happy farthers day to all you too! My two boys made me some neat things at school and pre-school. Other than that I got myself a early farthers present, hahaha I did up a order from Sherrill Tree. New edge saddle, flipline and rock exotica adjuster, kask helmet and smoked visor. And my favorite arborwear asender pants! !! Sooooo comfortable!!! If you guys by one thing buy a pair! Expensive but worth every dime...well happy climbing guys!!!

NHlocal

NHlocal

Addicted to ArboristSite
Some where in the back woods of New Hampshire.
Happy farthers day to all you too! My two boys made me some neat things at school and pre-school. Other than that I got myself a early farthers present, hahaha I did up a order from Sherrill Tree. New edge saddle, flipline and rock exotica adjuster, kask helmet and smoked visor. And my favorite arborwear asender pants! !! Sooooo comfortable!!! If you guys by one thing buy a pair! Expensive but worth every dime...well happy climbing guys!!!

That's what I call a Father's Day present!!! Sounds like you got a whole new setup, NICE! :clap:

Stihl n Wood

Stihl n Wood

ArboristSite Operative
Oh yeah, pretty much new set..my weaver cougar has had its times..I bought it back in 07-08 whenever it came out anyways. My old helmet is the vertex best, unvented. That's why I got a new one. My thought is to keep one set up for rainy days and sticky pines. And one for hardwoods and sunny days. I spend a lot of time in my gear so its gotta be comfortable. You guys know that game! Oh I now lookin back spelt fathers day wrong. ..lol...its gotta be the working 6-7 days a week lately...lol...

NHlocal

NHlocal

Addicted to ArboristSite
Oh yeah, pretty much new set..my weaver cougar has had its times..I bought it back in 07-08 whenever it came out anyways. My old helmet is the vertex best, unvented. That's why I got a new one. My thought is to keep one set up for rainy days and sticky pines. And one for hardwoods and sunny days. I spend a lot of time in my gear so its gotta be comfortable. You guys know that game! Oh I now lookin back spelt fathers day wrong. ..lol...its gotta be the working 6-7 days a week lately...lol...

Hey, it's New Hampsha' spellin' right! :hmm3grin2orange:
My "old" helmet is a vertex best. Great helmet, but anything over 50[SUP]o[/SUP] and I'm drippin' sweat! :msp_thumbdn:
I just got me one of those vertex vented, couldn't really afford it but, couldn't resist for the price.
Also, I have the Edge saddle, the original. Great saddle! :D

Brian13

Brian13

Addicted to ArboristSite
Happy fathers day to all as well. I am spending mine at work:msp_mad:, but what are ya gonna do. Wasnt for fathers day, but with some money I made taking a tree down for a friend I ordered some Blue Moon rope and a friction saver from Wespur.

NHlocal

NHlocal

Addicted to ArboristSite
Happy fathers day to all as well. I am spending mine at work:msp_mad:, but what are ya gonna do. Wasnt for fathers day, but with some money I made taking a tree down for a friend I ordered some Blue Moon rope and a friction saver from Wespur.

Happy Father's day Brian!
More new gear!!! :msp_w00t: You gotta love that! :biggrinbounce2:

Brian13

Brian13

Addicted to ArboristSite
Thanks, happy fathers day to you to. More gear is always cool lol, but I have a lot more to go to. Need new pads for the spikes real soon and that wont be cheap. Always looking at something lol.

NHlocal

NHlocal

Addicted to ArboristSite
Thanks, happy fathers day to you to. More gear is always cool lol, but I have a lot more to go to. Need new pads for the spikes real soon and that wont be cheap. Always looking at something lol.

Ayuh,
can never have enough gear.....:hmm3grin2orange:
Sooooo, lookin' at new pads? Which ones are you thinkin' about? :dunno:

Brian13

Brian13

Addicted to ArboristSite
Either the Big Buck or the Big Buck with Velcro. My boss is telling me to get the Velcro but I am not so sure on that, he says that they are worth the extra money but I can get two of the regulars for the price of the Velcro. I need pads soon, they are coming apart, and I would like to get some rigging stuff soon as well.

NORMZILLA44

NORMZILLA44

Addicted to ArboristSite
Nice Brian, hope all's well - Sam
Great to see you old friend! The working man on this end was up 24 hours straight, driving to fresno. 5 hours each way Friday night. Outdoor sportsman coalition of ca, who is working all the anti stuff in Ca. Partners and family too us! Was a great dinner, and got to meet many I have been friends with some time, over the net. Great people. Then got home at 545 to see the sunrise, and go to bed till 10am, get up load my gear and dogs, and took a few from our group, one came from Idaho for the dinner. We got a 300 pound phantom with just under 4 inch tusks. Now I am whooped, and taking next two days off.

Rounder

Rounder

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hey Sam, hope all is well with you!! They still keeping you busy out there?

Yeah, quit the big high ball yarder outfit, and went back to work for some guys I used to work with. Smaller deal, little logging jobs, thinning, etc. Just trying to give fire season a shot and hopefully make some coin on that whole deal.

Good luck with the arborist gig, looks like you're doing damn good - Sam

Rounder

Rounder

Addicted to ArboristSite
Great to see you old friend! The working man on this end was up 24 hours straight, driving to fresno. 5 hours each way Friday night. Outdoor sportsman coalition of ca, who is working all the anti stuff in Ca. Partners and family too us! Was a great dinner, and got to meet many I have been friends with some time, over the net. Great people. Then got home at 545 to see the sunrise, and go to bed till 10am, get up load my gear and dogs, and took a few from our group, one came from Idaho for the dinner. We got a 300 pound phantom with just under 4 inch tusks. Now I am whooped, and taking next two days off.

Sounds like good times Norm. We lost our GSP, and adopted a 1yr old Plott Hound. I turned her into a squirrel treeing machine over break-up. Those hounds are fun.

Take care pard - Sam

NORMZILLA44

NORMZILLA44

Addicted to ArboristSite
Sam sorry about your GSp so hard to lose them. Great to hear of the Plott, and squirrel hunting. And going back to work for guy's you did before, sometimes smaller is better I think..

Brian13

Brian13

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yeah, quit the big high ball yarder outfit, and went back to work for some guys I used to work with. Smaller deal, little logging jobs, thinning, etc. Just trying to give fire season a shot and hopefully make some coin on that whole deal.

Good luck with the arborist gig, looks like you're doing damn good - Sam

Thanks, I have come a long way but have a long way to go. Hope moving back to the smaller outfit works out well. And are you trying to fire line falling? If so please try to get some pics! I have nothing but respect for those guys! Thats some tough work. Really wanted to get certified to go out west for for fire deployment, but cant just leave at a moments notice now. Good luck!

Rounder

Rounder

Addicted to ArboristSite
Thanks, I have come a long way but have a long way to go. Hope moving back to the smaller outfit works out well. And are you trying to fire line falling? If so please try to get some pics! I have nothing but respect for those guys! Thats some tough work. Really wanted to get certified to go out west for for fire deployment, but cant just leave at a moments notice now. Good luck!

It's more like vacation.....but yeah, I'll take some pics if I get a call.

Take care - Sam

struggle

struggle

Got stumps?
Hey guys been busy and haven't followed up lately. Here is a little stump I will be grinding hopefully by this weekend.

ju2yruta.jpg

I used the customers truck to pull it to make sure it was cut clean and it was:)

The stump is just over eight feet long and over four feet wide if not five as I cut around it both side with a 41" bar
jusa6uvu.jpg