The working man, and chainsaw thread!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The working man part...;)

I hear ya' Norm, we got close to a foot of snow yesterday. After being at "work" 10 hrs I came home and jumped in the plow
truck for 4 hrs, then I got to go home.....and cleaned up the snow around my house. :D That's the first real days work I've done
in while, so I hear ya' Norm, tough getting out of bed at 4 am this morning.
Great pics homelitejim, :msp_thumbsup: that's some good stuff. Ayuh, haven't had much snow this winter so this is a little
reminder...take care.
Work safe. ::thumbsup::

We can use GPS here, but its not quite the perfect system yet IMO. Low battery life and the hills and hollers you will lose signal sometimes, but when it works.. its sweet! I always ran a Johnson telemetry collar for a back up....and had to use it a few times. Right now hog hunting with dogs is illegal in Tennessee as of early last year, except for 1 Wildlife managment area and a couple County's where its still legal for ''expieremental purposes.:msp_confused:''
Yeah I have heard that, I have a tracker with two collars still learning it. A great guy in Washington told me the best you can do is run both on em, like you say. So everywhere in Tennesse is band for dogs? WTF? Why? Neil you guys get snow you say? Jim as always outstandindg pics! Especially the husky!!! Randy sounds like you do know for sure, you work for the county or state with the plow? Or own your own?

The working man part...;)

Yeah I have heard that, I have a tracker with two collars still learning it. A great guy in Washington told me the best you can do is run both on em, like you say. So everywhere in Tennesse is band for dogs? WTF? Why? Neil you guys get snow you say? Jim as always outstandindg pics! Especially the husky!!! Randy sounds like you do know for sure, you work for the county or state with the plow? Or own your own?
Well Norm, we've got a quarter mile long drive that leads into our Church property with a couple of parking lots and a couple of
driveways and access roads. It's all on Church property so we maintain it, it's a lot of area to plow so it takes a "little time" to get
it all plowed off. We got a couple more inches of snow this morning, then some freezing rain, little bit of mess. Nice to look at, here's
a couple pics. :D I've got the working man part covered, the chainsaw part is coming.....:biggrinbounce2:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

yes norm we get a few small falls each winter up on the nsw tablelands where my mill is, the first time i saw it it was interesting but i soon got sick of it. I'm guessing you guys get used to it as you have no choice, where as i only need to move the mill say 20km away east and be out of it altogether.
Found these couple of pics, i have heeps and will look for some better ones.

NHLOCAL,,, thats white, we don't see that much at my work in one time as we are not in the snowey mountains just the nsw tablelands.

Last edited:
...almost forgot, technically I'm part owner of the plow truck. My Church bought it, I support my Church and I'm a member
so I'm part owner. It was in the background of some of the recent pics I've posted of cutting trees/wood.:msp_biggrin:

Winter white.....

yes norm we get a few small falls each winter up on the nsw tablelands where my mill is, the first time i saw it it was interesting but i soon got sick of it. I'm guessing you guys get used to it as you have no choice, where as i only need to move the mill say 20km away east and be out of it altogether.
Found these couple of pics, i have heeps and will look for some better ones.

NHLOCAL,,, thats white, we don't see that much at my work in one time as we are not in the snowey mountains just the nsw tablelands.
Nice work site you got there, you got some beautiful country by the look of those pics.:msp_thumbup: So far this winter we've had
very little snow. Here's a few pics from last winter, one of our more "normal" winters.....:msp_w00t:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for the pics...

Nice work site you got there, you got some beautiful country by the look of those pics.:msp_thumbup: So far this winter we've had
very little snow. Here's a few pics from last winter, one of our more "normal" winters.....:msp_w00t:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for the pics...

OH MY LORD, thats snow, i guess for you guys thats simply normal. thanks for shareing

Same here. Took a bit of digging to find the right one amongst all the liberal anti-hunting (and other crap) petitions on that site, but I found it. Searched for "dogs GPS" and the right one came up.
Thanks buddy REPPED! Man some of this stuff is just Anti American. DFG is getting a lot of funds from the humane society, and sierra club etc I hear. That is all cool and I will agree I love trees and dogs, but I am not anti hunting/guns/or anti american. How about the game wardnen they are trying to crucify for hunting legally in Idaho a mountain lion. They are just fanatics.

Neil great pics. Guess I just never thought of snow out there. Nice mill and scenary in the background. Randy looks like a ton of snow to me great pics too man:msp_thumbsup:

Just love that little wood shed, i can now understand why you fellas put so much time into fire wood, i would be too. I feel sorry for the older generation who can't get their own any more and have to rely on others or buy it, poor buggers....
I think some aussie rep was needed for that winter white post....

Last edited:
I agree Neil sad when people cant get there own wood anymore. It sure is nice being able to get our firewood, and enjoy doing it.

Just love that little wood shed, i can now understand why you fellas put so much time into fire wood, i would be too. I feel sorry for the older generation who can't get their own any more and have to rely on others or buy it, poor buggers....
I think some aussie rep was needed for that winter white post....
:msp_thumbup:Thanks Neil, I enjoyed building it with my son's help. It'll hold 4 [SUP]1[/SUP]/[SUB]2[/SUB] cord of wood, and that will get me
through just about any winter. Had to do something, no way can I afford to burn heating oil. :msp_thumbdn: Ayuh, I sure do enjoy
cutting my own wood. It's hard work, but well worth the effort. Great exercise too! ;) We have a few "older" families in our
Church that we get firewood for also, and they sure do appreciate the help. :msp_thumbsup: Thanks for the aussie rep! :msp_thumbsup:

I agree Neil sad when people cant get there own wood anymore. It sure is nice being able to get our firewood, and enjoy doing it.
Ayuh, you got it right on that one Norn. :D If you don't enjoy doing it, it's not really worth doing, for me anyway. :D
Being outside, hearing the saw run, smelling the wood chips. :biggrinbounce2: Ayuh, that's some good stuff!!! :biggrinbounce2:
Now if I could only get this fly wheel side bearing seal out of my 260pro .......

Whats all that white stuff:laugh:. Its been in the 80s more or less the entire winter. I think I have put on a jacket maybe 5 times this winter:msp_mad:. Almost went out climbing yesterday, but helped a friend build a trailer. Traded his truck for a smaller car, so he needs to make a trailer to carry his kayaks so I got to work on my welding tan this weekend. Other than that havnt been able to get out of the house other than work for a couple of weeks. The whole house has been sick:help:, seemed for awhile everybody was keeping each other sick.

Norm, you got a link to your petition? Ill sign it.

Not sure how many know I took on this project. I bought this dinosour 630A from a gentleman in my town. He had been grinding stumps for the past 30 years and blew the wisconsin engine (burnt exhaust valve)

So I repowered it with a 35hp vanguard and took it out today for the first time. I did not grind this test stump real low as it was just a stump on the edge of the grove where I do firewood. But overall I am happy with how it ran.

The teeth for those that are in the know I would like to know what is the best set up if you have prior knowledge of working with this machine. It has pretty much what it came with on it. BUt some teeth are round and other square but angled. I think the owner heated up the teeth from being straigth and bent them. Maybe bought to many of them and tried it. Seems the round edge teeth would be more cutting surface.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Not sure how many know I took on this project. I bought this dinosour 630A from a gentleman in my town. He had been grinding stumps for the past 30 years and blew the wisconsin engine (burnt exhaust valve)

So I repowered it with a 35hp vanguard and took it out today for the first time. I did not grind this test stump real low as it was just a stump on the edge of the grove where I do firewood. But overall I am happy with how it ran.

The teeth for those that are in the know I would like to know what is the best set up if you have prior knowledge of working with this machine. It has pretty much what it came with on it. BUt some teeth are round and other square but angled. I think the owner heated up the teeth from being straigth and bent them. Maybe bought to many of them and tried it. Seems the round edge teeth would be more cutting surface.
Nice pics, is the motor going to stay that clean...;) ?

Yep Randy love cutting wood:msp_thumbsup: Brian the link is on my facebook wall, and you can click right on it and sign. Thanks! I have been busy on facebook swapping tree stories, and well mostly Boar doggin! With Nick Brown, and Mark, and his other brothers. Remeber mark is the climber. Struggle nice stump grinder man! I have seen them set up a few ways with teeth. Some more round some more cutter, and mostly a combination. I have rented quite a few, and your local renatal yard may have some knowledge what set up works out there. I am no expert on them.

Latest posts

Back