The working man, and chainsaw thread!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[video=youtube;3odG9g0hvEA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3odG9g0hvEA[/video]I've been busy hurting lately. Had to go to a chiropractor but been doing better now. I had a job, it was so hot outside I decided to wear my running clothes. Just easy stuff. Climbed one tree and peaced it down without having to rig, then felled about 40 others.
Cutting with C - YouTube

Randy my comfort level on spikes on a straight trunk I feel very comfortable. fully extended boom up 50' not so much. It to me is very nerve bending as you are at the mercy of the machines stability which can change dramatically when a large branch falls where you might not want it hitting the boom. Rental place said they have had one tip over before. I have not felt it tip though yet thankfully.

Yep Norm it was one of those days sort of. It wasn't really bad just a lot longer than I had hoped for.

Insurance adjuster called and have an appointment for that Monday. This big tree job is almost complete. All I have to do is a final raking of the lawn and then I'm done. I went over there to pick up the tractor I was using to return it to a friend and the customers were out looking at the lawn. Some pretty good dents here and there but overall they seem very happy thus far. Wife said "you spend a lot of time making sure your cuts are just right before you finish out" I told here like I have others I try to take the approach that I want the job done at a customers house much like I want to see at my own home. That approach so far has kept people happy once my jobs are done so far. It just takes little more time that way.

Shane,
well said on how you hold a high standard for the work you do. I agree 100%, I have no problem taking more time to do a job to make sure it turns out better than the customer expects. ;) Doing the "little extra" has been more than worth it to me every time. :msp_thumbup:
Took down an Ash on my Church property today. Here's a couple pics.....

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

.....only got a few pics, mostly video today, I'll post it up as soon as I get it edited..... :msp_thumbup:

Last edited:
Real sad to hear as well my friend. Awhile back, a guy was standing on visquine, and got sucked under a ride on trencher. Real sad and we all new him, just so many hazards, with what we do, agreed never be to careful. What up fellas, great to see u, we start cutting one ranch next weekend, sorry been out we have been working the legislature, 108 bills. Ah the liberals. Working anti gun, hunting, fishing and land closure stuff.

Try getting a gun and hunting in canada. Hey its been abit good to be back.

Randy you should have been out fishing on that lake instead of cutting trees:msp_biggrin:

Nicely done

Last edited:
Randy you should have been out fishing on that lake instead of cuttign trees:msp_biggrin:

Nicely done

Thanks Shane,
Ayuh, it was great weather for fishing and being on the lake, 90[SUP]o[/SUP]+ and humid. :D
I've been wanting to cut that tree for a while now and was finally able to get some help to get it done. Because
it's on my Church property there's that "liability issue" thing. I have no problem doing the work myself(alone),
but the Church leadership recommended I have someone with me when I cut trees on the property. I have no
problem with that whatsoever, it just takes "a bit longer" to schedule the work 'cause there will be at least one
other person involved. I'm sure you know how that is..... :dizzy: ;)
By the time I got done I could wring the sweat out of my shirt. :smile-big: I had my son "runnin' the ropes", by the end of
the take down he was runnin' that porta wrap really nice. :msp_thumbup:

Work safe. :msp_thumbsup:

Try getting a gun and hunting in canada. Hey its been abit good to be back.
U working on legislation? Good to see you my friend! Let me know if you are working something, got a group we can help. Shane, I agree more time equals customer satisfaction and job well done. Some jobs we have walked away from profit side, gone the extra mile, to make someone happy. So we got a date and crew next Saturday, the arsenal comes out, and Aaron=Eccentric will be with us again!

Happy 4th everyone! Aaron glad Saturday will be cooler for cutting buddy! Figure we start at 8. Happy 4th my friends!

Yep Aaron, I will text you, and let u know where we are at, may meet at the gate, or her house.. Randy hell yes!!:clap::clap:

Nothing spectacular, just some brush and tree cutting, and arr! Pulled out the camera, memory card was full. Son of a bisuit, not sure if Aaron got pics..

390 Randy? Looks like nice work.

Hope you guys had a good 4th.

Norm...made it about 5 weeks with the little outfit.......Back to the big yarder show in a week....:laugh:

I'll try and bring the camera a bit more, sounds like I'm going over to Idaho, nice tall sticks.

Take care - Sam

390 Randy? Looks like nice work.

Hope you guys had a good 4th.

Norm...made it about 5 weeks with the little outfit.......Back to the big yarder show in a week....:laugh:

I'll try and bring the camera a bit more, sounds like I'm going over to Idaho, nice tall sticks.

Take care - Sam

Thanks Sam,
that's my 385, love that saw! :D
Lookin' forward to those pics..... :msp_thumbup:

Thanks Sam,
that's my 385, love that saw! :D
Lookin' forward to those pics..... :msp_thumbup:

Thanks, those 385's are dandy saws. I'll get some pics up if I ever get back home.

Busy day for this workin' man today. :D
Got home from work, grabbed my camera, and headed over to a co worker's house to look
at some trees he would like to have taken down. One Red Maple, one Beech, one Red Oak,
and one Cherry. I gave him a bid and it sounds like he wants it done. :msp_w00t: Just need
to confirm and schedule a day to do 'em.....:biggrinbounce2:

.....the Cherry on the right and the small Beech just to the left of it.....
attachment.php

.....and a bit to the left of those, the Red Oak.....
attachment.php

.....and in the front yard, the Red Maple.....
attachment.php

.....and yes, it's raining again..... ;)

Latest posts

Back