The working man, and chainsaw thread!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-390 Norm.

Modded?

I work for a company that builds rustic homes, we have a few crews right now there are 3 of us stacking plus a full crew of carpenters and laborers going. And thanks for the compliment we take a lot of pride in the work we do.

The picture doesn't show much, but from what I'm seeing it's quality work. :msp_thumbup:
Would love to see some more pics of the work you're doing. :msp_w00t:

I second what my friend said here above DC:msp_thumbsup::msp_thumbup: Sam good deal in the pic it looked so compact, well guess that is why they are so popular, nice saw bro. Randy good weekend? U must be cutting still eh, Im sipping coffee trying to relax, and loosen up, body was a little sore not too bad. Aaron thank for the pics nice job they turned out well, we knew we would hear from somebody otherwise LOL! Rod that is a nice maple good size, saw a shindaiwa?

Looks like you had a good day Norm. :clap: Didn't cut yesterday, family reunion. Sat around and ate good food and drank soda all afternoon. :hmm3grin2orange: It was at my cousin's place, he showed me two trees he wants taken down. I haven't downloaded the pics yet, I'll post 'em a little later(I think you'll like 'em). Ayuh, a good weekend.

NORMZILLA44: No it's a Jonsered 630 Super. My old man bought it new in the mid 80's. It's the saw that got me hooked on chainsaws. It's nice to run a saw that's about the same age as me. It got passed down to me after he passed in '09.

Love to see those "good old saws" in good running condition, I bet that'll last as long as you're able to use it with some TLC. :D

That is some OUTSTANDING work!!! :clap:
And a gorgeous background to go along with it. THANKS!!! :msp_thumbsup:

306448-uploadfromtaptalk1375045404947-jpg

NORMZILLA44: No it's a Jonsered 630 Super. My old man bought it new in the mid 80's. It's the saw that got me hooked on chainsaws. It's nice to run a saw that's about the same age as me. It got passed down to me after he passed in '09.
Good deal nice saw, and I agree on the age thing:msp_wink: Dc more great pictures and work my friend..

Here's a few pics Norm. I just got done looking at 'em, and the "walk around" videos I took of both trees.....
If I do it, it will be "a challenge" without a doubt..... :msp_scared:

.....this one show both trees off the back end of his barn.....
attachment.php

.....these two show the "condition" of the Beech trunk.....
attachment.php
attachment.php

.....this is looking up into the crown of the Maple.....
attachment.php

.....this is what the Maple trunk looks like.....
attachment.php

I guess I better start posting all my adventures in the working man's chain saw thread. I took this evening to work on my wood pile by twitching up some logs that I had cut last week. While out back I heard a revving small engine like a lawn mower. So I went to investigate and see my other neighbor trying to pull some logs put from his back property with his lawn tractor. So I offered my assistance to drag his logs up to the back of his wood shed. I hitched up and gave them some 4 hoof drive the large logs he was trying to pull we're 12" at the butt end and a good 20' long red oak. The littlest one was a piece of popular about 8' long and didn't give up much fuss. Actually none of the logs gave up much fuss as we drug them out. As usual I always manage to remember to take pics when most of the fun is over. But you'll get the idea from the drag marks on the ground and the sweat under the collar.

Good deal Randy great pictures. Yeah rot and split tops, whats not to love eh! 383 beautiful horse, gotta love horsepower. Ron I agree and good to see ya.

I second what my friend said here above DC:msp_thumbsup::msp_thumbup: Sam good deal in the pic it looked so compact, well guess that is why they are so popular, nice saw bro. Randy good weekend? U must be cutting still eh, Im sipping coffee trying to relax, and loosen up, body was a little sore not too bad. Aaron thank for the pics nice job they turned out well, we knew we would hear from somebody otherwise LOL! Rod that is a nice maple good size, saw a shindaiwa?

Went cutting again today. Brought home a pickup load of madrone from a friends place in Napa. No pics this time I'm afraid. Good thing, as Charlie wanted a pic of me running his 440 for blackmail purposes. No pics, so it never happened...:D

I guess I better start posting all my adventures in the working man's chain saw thread. I took this evening to work on my wood pile by twitching up some logs that I had cut last week. While out back I heard a revving small engine like a lawn mower. So I went to investigate and see my other neighbor trying to pull some logs put from his back property with his lawn tractor. So I offered my assistance to drag his logs up to the back of his wood shed. I hitched up and gave them some 4 hoof drive the large logs he was trying to pull we're 12" at the butt end and a good 20' long red oak. The littlest one was a piece of popular about 8' long and didn't give up much fuss. Actually none of the logs gave up much fuss as we drug them out. As usual I always manage to remember to take pics when most of the fun is over. But you'll get the idea from the drag marks on the ground and the sweat under the collar.

383stroker,
I like to see the true horsepower put to use. would there be some Belgian in that critter? I like the pics, thanks.:clap:

Ron

Yes shes a old style grade Belgian(brabant), so she's short 16.2 hands and wide. Today's Belgians have been breed to have have longer legs and a leaner body, she's old school short and chunky. I bought her last year during the hay shortage so I bought her dirt cheap. She was an Amish horse that was sold at auction to a woman that wanted to use her for a brood mare for invetro embryo for her Fresian's but her uterus wasn't pristine enough for that so she was then sold to another guy that pulled her a while then she was sold to another guy that was a farririer that ended up getting injured by someones horse so he couldn't spend the time needed to continue with her training. Plus with the hay shortage from the mini drought here last summer everyone was off loading horses cheap, and I'd hate to see such a good mannered easy keeper go to a premarin farm or to the slaughter house. She's not in prime pulling condition as she's quite fleshy(fat) from being on pasture, but for what we do with her she's fine. As the fall comes around she'll loose a little weight and tone up some more.

Last edited:
NHlocal, thanks she's still a large horse pictures just don't do her justice sometimes. Although I don't help as I'm 6'7" and when I take a picture the perspective is always different than if a normal size person had taken it. Hopefully this is a better photo, my 6yr old son is ridding her and my mom who is 5'10" is walking beside her.

Took the day off to get some EAB killed trees down. Once the kids woke up we headed out back to a section of trees that we're killed off by EAB and some popular that was dead because of that area also had a lot of standing water the last couple of years. There is already a old trail in there it just needed to be opened back up. So I took down a dozen trees and bucked them to 8' and then cut the brush to short lengths so it'd pack down and decay faster. The kids played where else but in the water catching frogs and scouting for deer tracks. They did help a little bit moving some brush, and bringing me bar oil when the saw was out. My youngest had to carry my ms180 out as he says that's his saw and he's just letting me borrow it. Oh course I get to carry the heavy saws the 039 & ms660.

DISCLAIMER no children were harmed or in harm's way during today's activities, I can't say that for A few frogs and toads that may have been stuff into shirt and pants pockets.

Took the day off to get some EAB killed trees down. Once the kids woke up we headed out back to a section of trees that we're killed off by EAB and some popular that was dead because of that area also had a lot of standing water the last couple of years. There is already a old trail in there it just needed to be opened back up. So I took down a dozen trees and bucked them to 8' and then cut the brush to short lengths so it'd pack down and decay faster. The kids played where else but in the water catching frogs and scouting for deer tracks. They did help a little bit moving some brush, and bringing me bar oil when the saw was out. My youngest had to carry my ms180 out as he says that's his saw and he's just letting me borrow it. Oh course I get to carry the heavy saws the 039 & ms660.

DISCLAIMER no children were harmed or in harm's way during today's activities, I can't say that for A few frogs and toads that may have been stuff into shirt and pants pockets

:hmm3grin2orange:
That's good stuff..... :msp_thumbup:

A "Tilt'n" Oak Take Down.....

This workin' man has been runnin' a pretty loaded up schedule, I'm kinda beat. :bringit:
But I did finally have time to edit and upload a take down I did on Saturday the 20th.....
I've got another one I'm editing, a Red Maple I took down at the same home on the 22nd, mostly speedline rigging. :clap:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/--h-QFT8Vk8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Latest posts

Back