The working man, and chainsaw thread!!!!!!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree on the good stuff! And Randy more good stuff on your end too!

This workin' man is worn out. :dizzy: Didn't have to work O/T at the shop so I was able to cut. :msp_w00t:
We got rain the first half of the morning so I was able to take my time getting up and moving,
so I made myself a big cup of coffee and enjoyed sipping the WHOLE THING very slowly. A rare
treat for me. I finally got going and the first thing I did was take down two dead Poplars on my
Church property. the first one sat back and pinched my saw. I was able to get a couple wedges
in and get it to fall without too much trouble. The second one was a real challenge. The only place
to "safely" drop it was into the woods, so I did. You guessed it, it got hung in the crotch of another
tree. :bang: I cut 4 or 5 "chunks" off the butt end to get it to fall and would you believe it was literally
hanging from the other tree. :msp_scared: By then it was cut "down to size" enough that I was able
to tie a rope on the butt end and pull it down.
Well that took care of my morning. The next item on the list of "things to do" was go see a couple
that were parents of a co worker who wanted some trees taken down around their house, and also
an Oak pruned which has limbs hanging onto the roof of the house. They have three bull Pines, one
"pretty good sized", and two that are huge. One is in the woods but leaning towards the neighbors,
another one on the edge of their yard that got struck by lightning last week, and the third one is in
their yard actually touching the shed, and of course right next to their power lines. Oh, and last but
not least, they have a large Sugar Maple that the power company just took down at the edge of the
front yard that they would like cut to "fire wood length" pieces. I'd say a good 2 cord of wood in that
tree easy.
Next item on the "list of things to do". Went to a co worker's house and pruned off a LARGE Oak limb over
his driveway. Also started cutting a large Sugar Maple to fire wood length for him. A very full/productive
day, I love days like today!
I'll try to post up pics tomorrow, I'm beat..... :msp_sleep:

Hey old Friend!! Long time no talk!! Hope you and yours are Fine!!!
Hey you too buddy, really good to see u:clap::clap: Randy man u are on the go, too bad Aaron me, and parmeter don't live closer, be cutting buddy's, help take a load off ya. That one hang up in the crotch sounded like a bastard of a tree!

Norm,
it wasn't "real big" so it wasn't too bad, but still a big PAIN IN THE NECK! :bang:
I got some video, not sure when I'll be able to post it, soon I hope! :popcorn:
I'll tell you what Norm, with the job I looked at yesterday I'm gonna need some help..... :dizzy:
It's a big job, I'm gonna make some calls to try and get some help. It would be great to have
you and a few others to help out, would go a lot easier for sure! :clap:
Work safe. :msp_thumbsup:

Norm,
it wasn't "real big" so it wasn't too bad, but still a big PAIN IN THE NECK! :bang:
I got some video, not sure when I'll be able to post it, soon I hope! :popcorn:
I'll tell you what Norm, with the job I looked at yesterday I'm gonna need some help..... :dizzy:
It's a big job, I'm gonna make some calls to try and get some help. It would be great to have
you and a few others to help out, would go a lot easier for sure! :clap:

It would be nice to live closer and be able to help one another out on some of the bigger projects, wouldnt it.:chainsaw::msp_thumbup:

Ron

It would be nice to live closer and be able to help one another out on some of the bigger projects, wouldnt it.

Ron

Ron,
you really nailed that one! It would be great if we all lived closer, each one of us with different skills and
experience helping each other out. That really would be great. :clap:

Here's some pics of the job I'm bidding on at the parents of one my co workers.....

When the snow weighs down the lower limbs they actually lay on the roof, those will get pruned.

attachment.php

This one is in the yard, right next to the shed, and (of course) power lines.

attachment.php
attachment.php

If you look close at the bottom of the trunk you see scars from a lightning strike, got hit last week.

attachment.php

This last one is a huge triple that the middle trunk broke out of, it's leaning toward the neighbor's yard.

attachment.php

That was my only activity yesterday that didn't involve cutting..... I love being busy. :hmm3grin2orange:

Well Randy, the pruning looks to be quite straight forward and fairly simple........but the others appear to have a number of challenge factors. Seems there are always power lines involved and I am sure that tree could not get any closer to the shed.

Guess if it was simple everyone would take care of there own, huh? Good luck to ya!:)

Ron

Agree with You my friend, thought of this many times! Randy yep we would lend u help anytime!

Many thanks for that Norm! I appreciate you sayin' that, I know you mean it. :clap:
You also know NHlocal Productions will definitely send out pictures and video if I get the job..... :hmm3grin2orange:

Almost forgot, also have some pics of some "pruning" I did for a co worker yesterday.
Hopefully this link will show you the picture album I have posted on facebook..... :)
If it doesn't I'll post some pics tomorrow, I'm up at 4am so it's past my bedtime..... :msp_sleep:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.544551505609027.1073741845.100001625464575&type=3

Work safe this week my friend. :msp_thumbsup:

Well Randy, the pruning looks to be quite straight forward and fairly simple........but the others appear to have a number of challenge factors. Seems there are always power lines involved and I am sure that tree could not get any closer to the shed.

Guess if it was simple everyone would take care of there own, huh? Good luck to ya!:)

Ron

Ayuh,
if it was simple/easy, everyone would be doing it. :hmm3grin2orange:

You got it exactly right Ron, pretty straight forward on the prune. :msp_thumbup:
But the climbing up to do it is going to take "a little" work. :msp_rolleyes:

Many thanks for that Norm! I appreciate you sayin' that, I know you mean it. :clap:
You also know NHlocal Productions will definitely send out pictures and video if I get the job..... :hmm3grin2orange:

Almost forgot, also have some pics of some "pruning" I did for a co worker yesterday.
Hopefully this link will show you the picture album I have posted on facebook..... :)
If it doesn't I'll post some pics tomorrow, I'm up at 4am so it's past my bedtime..... :msp_sleep:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.544551505609027.1073741845.100001625464575&type=3

Work safe this week my friend. :msp_thumbsup:
Very welcome buddy, and indeed I do mean it! U on facebook now? DC, nice work my friend very nice!

Good deal Randy. I agree that is one reason I jumped in, way easier to keep in touch. Working man hunted most of the weekend, three nice bucks we got. Next weekend I think need to cut some more firewood!

Good deal Randy. I agree that is one reason I jumped in, way easier to keep in touch. Working man hunted most of the weekend, three nice bucks we got. Next weekend I think need to cut some more firewood!

Norm,
congratulations on the successful hunt! Sounds like you had a great weekend. :msp_thumbup:

I did some HEAVY pruning for a co worker yesterday on two Oaks over his driveway, also topped another one
next to his driveway that he is going to drop himself(he doesn't climb). Got done just before dark, then he took
me to one of his neighbors down the road(he wasn't home)and showed me some trees that he wants taken down. :clap:
This working man is tired and sore, but really happy with how yesterday went. Got video but no pics, I'll download the
video and get pics from that, but not tonight. Up at 4am for work tomorrow, time for sleep..... :tire:

Have a safe week. :msp_thumbsup:

Hey good buddy, thanks! Man just when I think I'm busy, wow you are off the charts here and there, another job well done buddy!

Back