things that piss ya off.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that pro fallers and loggers don't like to be called that these days, but in an historical context, I hope the word never goes away.
I get called that all the time. Even by my own family. Then I will make some sarcastic comment about how many trees I chopped that day and that my crosscut saw is at the blacksmith being worked on. It gets under my wife's skin at this point when someone asks if I am a lumberjack. Lumberjacks were some badass dudes. Especially the river pigs around here. That is some crazy **** to me. Its kind of the equivalent of calling a car a "horseless carriage" at this point though. Lumberjacks also had a lot more fun during their off season then I ever will. I'm at home taking care of the kids today and nursing a bad back. If I was a lumberjack I'd be face down in a street of mud and horse manure after blowing everything in my poke on whiskey and dancing girls last night.

I'm not upset, it was just stupid what you said. I could give a **** about guys like you. Its for the people who read these forums that never post, but take in all that they can that I had to clear the air for. There is just no place for ankle biters like you around here.

Yer not upset? Yet yer in a forum talking about what pisses you off?

What can I say? I saw the thread and it applied to me so I added my comments. Of course I knew I would be stirring the pot - Jeez, who wants to talk to a bunch of pissed of loggers anyway?

I do! I dunno why, crazy I guess. That's what I always tell the loggers when they call me to climb the trees they can't drop. Admittedly, I am more of a top handled saw kinda guy.

I was also bored with the arbos and their whinning so I saw an open and I took the shot. I still love you both though and really, it was only a joke, no need to be offensive. Its a joke but what happened was true, everything is true.

It is fun to do a little trolling now and again, you know, to make new friends though I am done with sub-contracting for loggers at this point in my life. And its not like I am saying that I hate loggers, jeez no. Its all been a decent experience for all these years though I thought I was brutal and stupid til I met a logger.

Now before I go I just want to say not to get overly upset what I just said. It was just a joke. Its true, but still a joke. Yeah, after all these years I can say that kind of thing, I've earned it.

Also before I go I wanna say that I, personally, am not a great faller. I am scared to cut without a rope. I have good reason to be. All my notches are simple set-ups, its not as easy as it looks you know. Not only that but do respect what you guys can do with a wedge.

I know that pro fallers and loggers don't like to be called that these days, but in an historical context, I hope the word never goes away.

I Know! If yer not a lumberjack then what's with the axe! You look it up in the dictionary - its not that vile of a definition is it?!

And, I'm not a man or a logger. I'm the one talking about running in the video. The faller:bowdown: with the two shoulder pads seems to have put a curse on me. I hurt a leg--things went pop when he fell a tree uphill, onto a road, and it landed where I had been standing before I ran. I took off fast in the deep pumice and popped some things in a leg. Then there were a couple of other incidents, all coincidence, and he's a good faller:bowdown: and all, but there seems to be a curse. He's a preacher in a church too, so I don't know if you'd call it a curse.

There are also some aloof people called Foresters, who contribute on this forum. In ancient forester notation, you'd be a 99.

And, I'm not a man or a logger. I'm the one talking about running in the video. The faller:bowdown: with the two shoulder pads seems to have put a curse on me. I hurt a leg--things went pop when he fell a tree uphill, onto a road, and it landed where I had been standing before I ran. I took off fast in the deep pumice and popped some things in a leg. Then there were a couple of other incidents, all coincidence, and he's a good faller:bowdown: and all, but there seems to be a curse. He's a preacher in a church too, so I don't know if you'd call it a curse.

There are also some aloof people called Foresters, who contribute on this forum. In ancient forester notation, you'd be a 99.

I am not going to tell you what this sounds like to me though I will say in all the years I have been working I don't recall ever standing there, watch somebody fall a tree and then having to run... much less to seriously ask someone if I should. I am at a loss, this just don't compute. What's a 99? I am sure bound to laugh.

facepalm-card.jpg

Yer not upset? Yet yer in a forum talking about what pisses you off?

What can I say? I saw the thread and it applied to me so I added my comments. Of course I knew I would be stirring the pot - Jeez, who wants to talk to a bunch of pissed of loggers anyway?

I do! I dunno why, crazy I guess. That's what I always tell the loggers when they call me to climb the trees they can't drop. Admittedly, I am more of a top handled saw kinda guy.

I was also bored with the arbos and their whinning so I saw an open and I took the shot. I still love you both though and really, it was only a joke, no need to be offensive. Its a joke but what happened was true, everything is true.

It is fun to do a little trolling now and again, you know, to make new friends though I am done with sub-contracting for loggers at this point in my life. And its not like I am saying that I hate loggers, jeez no. Its all been a decent experience for all these years though I thought I was brutal and stupid til I met a logger.

Now before I go I just want to say not to get overly upset what I just said. It was just a joke. Its true, but still a joke. Yeah, after all these years I can say that kind of thing, I've earned it.

Also before I go I wanna say that I, personally, am not a great faller. I am scared to cut without a rope. I have good reason to be. All my notches are simple set-ups, its not as easy as it looks you know. Not only that but do respect what you guys can do with a wedge.
You sure are a weird ****er. Good luck doing whatever it is that you do.

Your stories aren't amusing, they are like a 12 year old boy trolling. Here's an overposted wedging video I made. It was the last tree of the day and I think the two guys were using this tree for a lesson in wedging. The tree had a lean to the paved road. The logging equipment was a half mile away--fallers work ahead of the skidding/yarding here. The guy you'll hear talking said he could probably get it off the road using his pickup. He's a retired old growth faller who was flagging traffic for them. They chose to work it around with wedges.

To painful to watch. But from the way it sounds you are only helping my plight here. I mean all that pounding and cutting and the tree falls in the wrong spot? I can't afford no crap like that. That's just not how its done!

Listen, you guys do know who I am right? Its me! Treemandan! I am sorry if you guys didn't know that. I changed my name when Gologit banned me. Well, as you can see, and not to brag but I am not easily beaten so please stop trying. Its not doing anybody any good.
I am a known thread derailer, troll and deviant for which I don't apologize. My sense of humor is to much for most intellects. That's Ok, so is the truth.

Anyway:

There have been times working with a LUMBERJACK ( not the same kind of lumberjack I am) where we have used his wedges along with my rope and truck to pull some crazy ****.

Yes I posted in this thread because I was pissed off about a certain logger and his use of wedges.

To painful to watch. But from the way it sounds you are only helping my plight here. I mean all that pounding and cutting and the tree falls in the wrong spot? I can't afford no crap like that. That's just not how its done!

Listen, you guys do know who I am right? Its me! Treemandan! I am sorry if you guys didn't know that. I changed my name when Gologit banned me. Well, as you can see, and not to brag but I am not easily beaten so please stop trying. Its not doing anybody any good.
I am a known thread derailer, troll and deviant for which I don't apologize. My sense of humor is to much for most intellects. That's Ok, so is the truth.

Anyway:

There have been times working with a LUMBERJACK ( not the same kind of lumberjack I am) where we have used his wedges along with my rope and truck to pull some crazy ****.

Yes I posted in this thread because I was pissed off about a certain logger and his use of wedges.

The tree went where it was supposed to go, into the unit and not on the road. That IS how it is done.

You are going on ignore now. bye bye.

nd, I'm not a man or a logger. I'm the one talking about running in the video. The faller:bowdown: with the two shoulder pads seems to have put a curse on me. I hurt a leg--things went pop when he fell a tree uphill, onto a road, and it landed where I had been standing before I ran. I took off fast in the deep pumice and popped some things in a leg. Then there were a couple of other incidents, all coincidence, and he's a good faller:bowdown: and all, but there seems to be a curse. He's a preacher in a church too, so I don't know if you'd call it a curse.

You did post the above. But run away, its typical of people like you to do so after they opened their mouths and a bunch of hogwash came out. What I mean by people like you is that I don't take you for an actual person, I take you for an in-actual person, kinda always have. You know, the type of person not ever to actually do anything but stand and film it asking if its safe. That there is one of those non-funny jokes again except this time I think its you.

That another one of those things that pisses me off. I am glad to have these forums to vent.

Is it bad that I got the joke?

Although if you have to explain it, its not funny (the joker)

Well for starters it might be good to state exactly which joke you got... and how mad it made you.

I know its a bore to explain things to people who have selective hearing but it is fun to trap them and watch them squirm.

That's another little thing that pisses me off - people with selective hearing. Seek them out and damn them!

Well for starters it might be good to state exactly which joke you got... and how mad it made you.

I know its a bore to explain things to people who have selective hearing but it is fun to trap them and watch them squirm.

That's another little thing that pisses me off - people with selective hearing. Seek them out and damn them!

Rehab didn't work for you, did it?

The original wedge pounding joke... just wasn't laugh out loud funny...

Now yer just being kind of a jack ass, it gets old quick. Just say'n not calling you out or anything, just saying you should know when to back down a bit. If you said some of the things you've typed in person you'd most likely be squinting through the one eye that wasn't swollen all the way shut. These old loggers are a different breed of human, don't have the time to put up with these kind of shenanigans, if everyone is laughing great, someone walks away in a huff its generally a bad idea to keep calling em names after they left. These folks aint going home to cry there going somewhere to not have to explain the fresh scabs on there knuckles.

yeah yeah the enterweb is fun, yuck yuck...

P.S. It takes quite a bit more then a few barbed words to offend me. I like to think I'm an adult now, or at least its not productive to get all mad and cranky, besides if I get mad stuff gets broken, usually stuff I have to pay to replace...

I agree, Dan was clearly trolling for a reaction and he got one. Must be bored.

Everybody is trolling for a reaction.

But also pissed off at the logger and his wedges. You have to give me that, you can't not. If you can't then its you with the problem and screw you all.

No this was a real thing that happened and pissed me off and I vented it in this thread titled," things that piss you off"

And people want to pass it off by saying I am bored, 12 years old, weird, and who know what else? A cull? What's next, accuse me of voting for Obama?

Fine, ban me, again.

Latest posts

Back