things that piss ya off.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rehab didn't work for you, did it?

Wait! You didn't think yer penny assed BS was gonna teach me a lesson did you? Dude, you and me locked in room together alone and you will be begging to get your life back and I am not even talking about lowly physical violence. You may have to resort to that to which I think is pathetic. You've already called me names to be offensive on purpose and even threatened me with violence. That's all you have, sorry to hear. You , like some others, have no other recourse but to do stuff like that. You can't carry a conversation, when something comes up you don't like to hear to shun it off to some worthless adage.

Here is an adage for you: Never give an inch!
Yeah, that's me. And I am a heated despiser of people like you. Heated being the key word. You bet!
The only way in-actual person such as yourself has a chance of beating me is by corruption. Yeah you go ahead and deny that. Same to the moderator set to ban me right now.

The thing is that I am not trying to beat you or anybody else. You just think I am. I know why you try though. Not the same reason as me. Lets not get that confused.

Wait! You didn't think yer penny assed BS was gonna teach me a lesson did you? Dude, you and me locked in room together alone and you will be begging to get your life back and I am not even talking about lowly physical violence. You may have to resort to that to which I think is pathetic. You've already called me names to be offensive on purpose and even threatened me with violence. That's all you have, sorry to hear. You , like some others, have no other recourse but to do stuff like that. You can't carry a conversation, when something comes up you don't like to hear to shun it off to some worthless adage.

Yeah, that's me. And I am a heated despiser of people like you. Heated being the key word. You bet!
The only way in-actual person such as yourself has a chance of beating me is by corruption. Yeah you go ahead and deny that. Same to the moderator set to ban me right now.

The thing is that I am not trying to beat you or anybody else. You just think I am. I know why you try though. Not the same reason as me. Lets not get that confused.

Better get yourself some help Dan. Or try rehab again. Or not...your choice entirely.

things that piss me off? not some of the crap i'm hearing . it's sad. but at least most of the arborist's that i know face to face are not so arrogant . yard work is not that special . not sayin that any idiot can do it rite. but it's not rocket science. just sounds like some ones butt hurt personal agenda. it is what it is.

I've roped 'em, cabled 'em, chained 'em, pushed 'em, jacked 'em, levered 'em, knocked 'em and screwed 'em. Done all this in the woods and in the city, I've hung off buildings to take down trees, hung off of trees to work on buildings, I've worked in every kind of weather under the sun and clouds and winds up to 80mph, yet, for all that experience, I've still never figured out how being an arborist could make someone so cocky. Guess maybe I'm just a noobie and someday I'll get that god like status where I know for sure that my way is the right way.

I hit a plastic wedge with my chainsaw once too, that pissed me off.

Mr. HE:cool:

Dude what is wrong with you? Alcohol, drugs, a brain injury? You make no sense at all. If it is a learning disability then let us know so we can all put you on ignore. At least that way you will at least get the sympathy and pity you so disparately desire. Now be a good boy and try to put together sentences we can understand. Thanks.

I've roped 'em, cabled 'em, chained 'em, pushed 'em, jacked 'em, levered 'em, knocked 'em and screwed 'em. Done all this in the woods and in the city, I've hung off buildings to take down trees, hung off of trees to work on buildings, I've worked in every kind of weather under the sun and clouds and winds up to 80mph, yet, for all that experience, I've still never figured out how being an arborist could make someone so cocky. Guess maybe I'm just a noobie and someday I'll get that god like status where I know for sure that my way is the right way.

I hit a plastic wedge with my chainsaw once too, that pissed me off.

Uh what er you doing screwing trees? thats kinda weird...

The Hel? explain please taint never seen one...

It is a threaded wedge basically, the handle rachets and you screw them into the wood, usually a saw kerf. They are ok for climbing since you don't need to hit them with anything most of the time. I used one a little bit when I did contract climbing for a guy that owned all the latest toys. He saw one somewhere and was sure I needed it when we were blocking down big d. firs. It works, but if you are used to wedges and a short axe while climbing and blocking down evergreens it isn't faster or better, just different, might be slower in fact. A lot of the stuff I used it on was too big to be moved by just the rattle wedge, so I had to pound.

Spent the morning driving around forest service roads; hopped out a few times checking out random dispersed camp sites and to let the kids play. Realized how much this pisses me off...

******** 10 yards from camp and leaving all your toilet paper and beer cans as a special prize.

:mad::mad::mad:

Spent the morning driving around forest service roads; hopped out a few times checking out random dispersed camp sites and to let the kids play. Realized how much this pisses me off...

******** 10 yards from camp and leaving all your toilet paper and beer cans as a special prize.

:mad::mad::mad:

Yup. The most memorable and smelly 3 bags of garbage I picked up were dirty diapers. The campers buried them, a bear or something dug them up and scattered them all over a little meadow. Icky. Very icky.

ALWAYS look on the other side of the first log across the road that you are opening up.

I filled up the back of my pickup with garbage from one camp. They'd left behind tents and one sleeping bag. No, they weren't coming back. The stuff had been out all winter. Some people buy cheap stuff, use it and leave it.

there are two uses for rope in trees, tire swings and stringing up peter puffers like this one.

Since this thread came up again I'm going to add ants.

I had to drop a big old pine snag that was limb weighted towards a fence. Property owner didn't care about the fence as it is coming down anyway, so that was nice, turned out to be about the only nice thing about this job.

I get up there and it is crawling with ants, not the big huge ones and not the little bity sugar ones, just normal size ants you see in the forest.

I knock off some chunks of loose bark with the bar and size up where and how to cut, it at least has a solid shell and no rot showing lower down. So I clear an area around the base for working and pick a spot with the best protection from all the hanging dead limbs. That is about time I start getting bit by the ants, just a bite here and there at first.

I put in the face, getting bit about every ten seconds now, mostly on my arms and a few on my neck.

Face is all solid wood except for one small little track of rot, cool, this thing will go where I want it if the back is decent. I bore in to establish the hinge and see what the wood is like through the core, nothing to worry about there.

The ants however are getting to be a worry, lots of bites on the neck and arms now, having to keep my focus on the top and watching what the tree is telling me. I wasn't going to walk away for some annoying ant bites, wanted to get the tree down and be done with it.

I cut the triangle for the release and start to cut away on the trigger, getting bit all the time, eyes glued to the top, ear muffs off, waiting for the tree to talk to me.

Pop! She says it's time! I kill the saw and start running like a bat outta' the hot down under.

I'm focused on covering my head and shoulders area and smacking at ants, huge crash behind me and watching bits flying in the air out of the corner of my eye tells me she's down.

Good, now I'm free to squish ants! I work on them fast and furious and within a few seconds I've thinned them out.

Was still finding ants on me an hour later.

Next day I hosed the tree down with bug killer and then I came back a day after that to buck it into firewood.

Yep, those ants kinda' pissed me off.

That was also the hardest old pine I've ever cut, that stuff was solid and dense, very little rot. Tree had a notch cut with an axe all around the base, it had been used for rigging of some sort when the property was logged, I'm wondering if the rusted away donkey engine worked off that tree way back when. I've not seen this supposed donkey engine myself, property owner said it's on the next ridge over, I might hike over at some point and see.

Things that piss a fella off? How about a firewood dealer that wants 400-600 loads "...by the time the snow flies...", but hasn't purchased one stump by May 1st?

Things that piss a fella off? How about a firewood dealer that wants 400-600 loads "...by the time the snow flies...", but hasn't purchased one stump by May 1st?

Well duh, he wants firewood, not stumps.

Sorry, couldn't help myself...:laugh:

Latest posts

Back