Think i want a 60cc saw, which one?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Husky 555 looks just fine too . 562 is a little lighter and more kick butt though !!

Well fellas,
I put down $175 for the husqvarna 346xp on friday. Only bad thing was it came with a 18"narrow kerf bar. I guess i will sell it for a few buck and get me a oregon 20" power match bar and chain. The bar was $45 there.
thanks
trevor

Well fellas,
I put down $175 for the husqvarna 346xp on friday. Only bad thing was it came with a 18"narrow kerf bar. I guess i will sell it for a few buck and get me a oregon 20" power match bar and chain. The bar was $45 there.
thanks
trevor

Imo, a 20" Power Match is a really bad idea on a 346xp, it totally destroys the nice handling of the saw.

IMHO, a 20" bar balances just fine on a 346. That's what's on mine. It is not excessively tip heavy, yet saves a lot of bending over. The most unbalanced thing about the 346 is how it constantly wants to fall over on it's side. Look at it wrong, and it will fall over. I actually made a custom spike for mine, complete with the bolt on chain catcher found on larger saws. It works very well to correct this issue. The only other negative of the saw is the outboard clutch. Nikko likes to credit the good handling traits of the saw to this, but I'd be more than happy to give that up. With that said, it's still my favorite 50cc saw.

20" works well on my 346, saves my back. I would run the shortest bar you can comfortably use for the job on most any saw.

Brad,
Any links or part #'s to the spikes you mentioned. I plan to use this as a limbing saw mostly. That is the reason I want a 20" bar on it. My ms261 c-m has a 18" bar on it. I am thinking hard on the 562xp though.

Well fellas,
thanks
trevor
I'd stay with the 18 NK bar , you can run regular .325 chain on it and it's a pretty light weight bar. If I were to go 20", I'd get Oregon Pro Lite... Power Match bar is too heavy on that saw, IMO.

Congrats on a Very Fine Saw!

I'd stay with the 18 NK bar , you can run regular .325 chain on it and it's a pretty light weight bar.
Are you sure? Is the driver gauge narrower on NK or just measuring across the rivets? I've got NK and non-NK, but the non is .063, so measuring will tell me nothing.

Husqvarna's website says the 562xp is 12.57 lbs . .........and the 555 is 12.35 lbs . So looks like I was wrong..by a small margine..but still wrong . Cant dispute the manufacturer :rock: Maybe they can send me both...and I can do a real world weigh in !!

Last edited by a moderator:
And for me personally.....Id be in with the 555 . $100 bucks less . Sometimes its a good idea not to get pulled into the XP name . Just ask my dad.......hes on year 20 with his 257 non xp saw :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that is in the ballpark, others are more in touch than me on pricing. Mine was a "G" for that price, but I didn't shop around.

Well hopefully the incessant whining in that little girl voice, "My hands are cold" will theoretically end.

But heck Dave, you seldom leave the living room when it's under 20 degrees outside, unlike us real men.

You can still find 262's on CL for relatively cheap. Especially 261's, which are easily converted. Also there's a 1/2 dozen 61's between ebay and cl for really cheap $! That's what I'm concentrated on lately. Converting a 61 into a 272 or 268. Also looking to get a 630 Johnny. Probably the best 60cc saw ever made!!!

Latest posts

Back