Think i want a 60cc saw, which one?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is all this? Talking about 60cc saws and this one is overweight yada yada yada! Then jump to 70 cc saw and talk about how nice the weight is. :dizzy:
There is .4 lbs different from the husky 562 vs stihl 362.
You guys are worse than bicyclist. If .4 lbs makes a difference to you at the end of the day take a crap twice a day instead of once and you will loose the weight there. Don't drink so much beer and pizza and the 13lbs of the power head might just be completely free!
Some of you are almost as bad as the 60 year old woman on the stihl homeowner easy start commercial that couldn't start a saw before and yet still shouldn't handle one.

I mean bar and chain choices are going to make more of a difference. :confused:

However twenty years down the road the carpel tunnel syndrome that you will have in your hands that keep you up at night will. Since the 362 has better antivibe it just might make a difference. I thought my farm boss was smooth compared to my old homelite 450. It cut so much faster than the 290 as it should at something around 70cc but even with a antivibe system(although archaic) the dam thing made my hands numb after a tank or two.

I am not saying the husky is a crappy saw, no! Just saying we can argue specs all day one way or another and at the end the only real thing that matters between the to is dealer support. I have a stihl saw and a John Deere farm equipment simply because life is to short to be waiting on crappy customer service and idiot parts men. If I lived 30 miles south I would have a case ih but still a stihl. Dealing with Tough **** Charlie's for husky parts here would end in someone's death if I was involved. The dealer is the most important aspect.

I mean bar and chain choices are going to make more of a difference. :confused:

However twenty years down the road the carpel tunnel syndrome that you will have in your hands that keep you up at night will. Since the 362 has better antivibe it just might make a difference. I thought my farm boss was smooth compared to my old homelite 450. It cut so much faster than the 290 as it should at something around 70cc but even with a antivibe system(although archaic) the dam thing made my hands numb after a tank or two.
Agreed on the bar & chain choice!

Wrong on the 362 better antivibe. 562xp is Much smoother!

:D

Agreed on the bar & chain choice!

Wrong on the 362 better antivibe. 562xp is Much smoother!

:D

We'll according to the specs the 562 vib levels are 4.3/5.4 meters second squared where the 362 is 3.5/3.5 meters seconded squared. Again we can argue till we are blue and it's still inconsequential nitpicking.

The chain choice makes a difference in vib levels as well.

Carry a 441c for 8 to 10 hours and you will see why sawtroll and I complain about it so much;)

Boo hoo, for several years I loaded/unloaded 56 lbs diesel connecting rods into CNC machines. Added the combined weight one night and it was

"16 tons and what do you get, another day older and deeper in debt."

The FNG was dragging for a week or two but eventual nearly all but one woman adapted to the weight. And several we're pathetic specimens of humanity. Another guy and I got to the point where we could lift one in each hand. Freaked the engineers out when they came out and you handed the a rod one handed and they could barely lift it with two or even for a few not at all.

Eat right and stay in shape the ~20-25lbs of a chainsaw/bar is easily handled. It amazes me on how much effort many put into sawing and how little into sharpening. Once the saw is in the cut let the weight of the saw do the work . Pushing down just puts you in line for a kick back injury and wears you out.

People do adapt...true. I do alot of walking with a saw...up steep hills with long sleeve cut resistant clothing in over 100 degree heat in the summer. Every little bit helps. I lift weights...run....stay in pretty good shape. Until I hurt my shoulder this fall could still bench well over 350 pounds even at almost 40 years old...so I decent shape...but every little bit helps.

We'll according to the specs the 562 vib levels are 4.3/5.4 meters second squared where the 362 is 3.5/3.5 meters seconded squared. Again we can argue till we are blue and it's still inconsequential nitpicking.

The chain choice makes a difference in vib levels as well.
I've run both and the 562 is smoother, but they are close and it doesn't really matter.

Agreed again on the chain choice and nothing beats a Sharp chain!!!

You want everyone to like you on AS get a 562xp...otherwise try em all out if you can ....you won't be dissapointed in my eyes going with a 555, 562xp, or 362 ..that 362c looks like a winner too...this goes for new saws. They're all a lot of $$$$$$:)

Boys this debate is over 562 xp unless you want an inferior saw. It's not a stihl vs husqvarna I own the best in each class this just belongs to 562... Merry Christmas got my 562 with 20 inch bar for 650 after tax

Back