Think of pulling the trigger on a new splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iaff113

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I think I’m gona pull the trigger on a DHT 35 ton. The unit comes boxed up unassembled. Will this pose an issue putting together in my garage? I have no issues with anything mechanical. Just didn’t know if their was anything special to putting these together. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking at DHT splitters and they have a youtube channel including a video showing setup of one of their splitters. It's not the 35 ton model but I can't imagine they're too different. You would need a few basic hand tools and maybe 30-60 minutes if you work slowly.

Thanks for the info. I’ll attach a picture of the box I would be getting.

dfb3650d2c2d4bda5cbd6bf7b07cdb13.jpg

Doesn’t look to bad. Just attaching the beam to the axle and running the lines.

Before you pull that trigger, look at the 40 ton Countyline splitter at TS. I just bought one about 4 weeks ago and love it.
It's in the same price range $1,999. as the DHT 35. TS had them side by side and the difference between both units are huge.
Nothing wrong with DHT mind you but you should take a good look at the 40 ton unit first before you dig into your pocket.
I posted a thread about it, here's the link.
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/im-looking-for-a-new-log-splitter.316430/

Thank you. I have looked at afew different ones. I actually followed your thread from when you started it. The price on this splitter package is hard to turn down that’s why I was going to go with the DHT 35 ton.

Latest posts

Back