Thinkin of goin HUSKY!!! Some advice pls...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get the 357XP and you will be in chainsaw heaven, trust me, outfit with 16" bar max and 73LG or 35RS, you wont look back, plus you will cut circles around all other woodticks if you keep it sharp and shiney, like a new penny.
Now Your Loggin'
John

Is running that .058 ga. a canadian thing? I never see it down here in a full 3/8s.

Hey Lambert! Who painted your Wild Thing orange?
Or is that all you do when you Lambertize one? Just paint
it orange?

Sometimes I wish I had a 357 Graffardized again, but alas, I gave it to a good friend of mine, one Rotax Robert, so it has a better home. Robert, a died in the wool Stihl afishinado, grooves on the 357XPGG so much that he has generously offered me the Cumberland Condo, otherwise known as the Enumclaw Stabbin Cabin. Rock on Robert. Which way to the Beech?
Pal John

Hi Fish, 1.5 mm seems to be the thing with Husky here, I wish they would do 1.3 mm, so that I could get more life out of bars.
My hardnose 1.6 mm is grooved to at least 1.8 mm after just a few thousand feet of gentle bucking with my 088 KD, pisses me off. Does Cannon make a tough hardnose for my 088KD? I like how wicked it cuts, and how it looks with a hardnose. It's nice to have what no one else has, then show off, even if you are your own audience.
John

Thanks everyone for your responses. I have a number of PM's and e-mails into out resident saw builders, bu no one has responded as of yet. I guess I will just have to wait. Thanks again!

-Drew

drew78

:blob2: Drew78....If you are looking to buy a Husky please consider the 372...It is a very popular saw and your nearest Husky dealer will carry more parts for it than a less popular model....(It is well worth the extra $200..Also I would suggest a full-port on the 372....(intake...exaust triple port...and finger port.....along with a 60-80 grit sponge air filter (using bel-ray filter oil) doing only the muffler is like "drawing half a picture"....Your jaw will hit the floor when you feel the power of a full port....I also suggest using a octane booster called tk-7 to support the new power you will have.....I have been a profesional cutter (logger) here in montana for many years and would run nothing else but hop-ups...I am a stihl man and currently run a hopped up 460 ms Stihl.......after you try a full hop up you will never go back to stock ....guaranteed !

Thanks Stihlfast-

I am hoping to in the near future afford the price of a newsaw and full mods from one of our builders. My problem right now is that there are NO local Husky dealers within proximity of me. That and I am also not mech. inclined enough in the 2 stroke arena to fix them myself should something go wrong. I am currently running a pretty new 360 PRO and am awaitting a modded muffler from Walkers saw shop. I can not afford to ship and mod out this saw right now. In the middle of planning a wedding right now and to $ay the least funds are tight right now.
I am still trying to figure out what my next saw would be (it donsent take any money to dream!) and right now since I do more bucking than anything else, I am thinking of going with a Stihl 460 MAG and get a muffler job done as well. The 660 would be nice but waaaaay to much $$$ and power for my needs. Alot of it comes down to dealer avail. for me, and Stihl does have a lot of dealers all over the country. We will see, after all, I still have plenty of time before I need to make a real decision. I just want to try the Huskys though, bet they are strong as hell!!!

-Drew

Let`s see, degree in architecture + an affinity for Stihl products = a limited mechanical ability? Hmmm...... what the heck does that mean? LOL.

Welcome to AS Stihlfast. You made a good first post, hopefully you`ll have more to add.

Russ

Drew78 Yes the price of a new saw plus the cost of porting and the new airfilter style...muffler ect....can be pretty darn expensive even though you may not be able to afford it right now...(which i'm sure most of us can relate to that).. I wanted to give you some insight.....I personally like the Stihl 460 mag. and when they are hopped up they have pretty much the same power as a 660 mag that is stock anyhow....... so why pack the extra weight of the 660......but that is my opinion...I have nothing bad to say about Huskys..I have run them before and they treated me just fine.......I look at it this way...Husky -vs-Stihl is like the old classic Ford -vs-Chevy.....I wish you luck and hope I helped you.
Mark.

Drew, Although not listed as such in the sale(they look close when comparing #'s) literature the 044 and the 372 will flat out spank a 036. I owned all three saws at one time so I can say this for certain. Buy a 044 or if you like huskys a 372 ands be happy.

well i aint got a 044 an my 372 aint arrived yet. but the only way they gonna spank my 036 is if they can catch it.
thats gon take considerable doing.:D
for real tho ,my 372 was as smooth and faster than the 036... sure hope its still that way when i ever get it... if not it ll be a project ,an ill have fun getting it rite again... and uh ,im ready to start having fun... no offence intended ... im busy too . but man im a watching for that brown truck.

Tony, that brown truck should have been able to come all the way from hell by now, what`s up?

Russ

Latest posts

Back