thinking about a splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerseydevil

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been thinking about buyiong a splitter for some time. I need one that is not real heavy since all I have to move it with is a lawn and garden tractor. Eventually I'll have my old Bronco 2 running but that could be years from now. So, it must be on the light side. I won't use it a lot but perhaps several times a year. I currently have a lot to split but after this, things should slow down. I don't expect a little splitter to split everything like crotches and real gnarley stuff. I would consider a used machine.
Any advice?

finding a used splitter is luck of the draw... almost has to be local, cost of travel to pickup offsets any savings.

looked for months for a used splitter, no luck. ended purchasing a 35 ton Huskee from tractor supply for $1500.

what you want is a 22 ton splitter made by Speeco (huskee). Atwell's and TSC have em for aprox. $900.

based upon feedback from lots of folks. stay away from MTD splitters and harbor freight splitters.

huskee 35 ton 4.JPG

Latest posts

Back