Think'n of a truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldirty

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
does anyone own a 2000 Ford F350 XL V10? Or work with one or work on one?
what can you tell me about this truck ? anything i should be concerned about ? do you love it or do you hate it?
thinking of grabbing one but if i do i gotta sign for it and that there is the prob. i gotta know if it is worth the effort.

thanks fellas.

ol'dirty

how bad?

like 5 miles a gallon bad?
or does it have no chance of reaching double digits per gallon?

anyone interested in a 1987 monte carlo ss t-top with the 350 4 barrel?
only 76 thousand miles on it.

ya know so i can buy some fuel? lol

(joking about the fuel......but not about the monte! she gotta go cause i dont have the place for her. 1000$ and she yours)

my buddy had one with a flatbed dump,he had some tranny probs but that was before he bought his f700 fo it was used for everything.

You should go diesel if you are looking at saving money. Not only through fuel costs, diesel in the LONG run will cost less to run. Yes, the parts are more, but it will be 300000 in most cases before you need the parts.

I had a 2000 F250 V-10. HORRIBLE mileage. In town, 9.5-10. On the road, MAYBE 12. It was 4wd and had slightly larger tires on it (33's). Before I put the 33's on it it got a little better but not much. Maybe 11 and 13.

anyone interested in a 1987 monte carlo ss t-top with the 350 4 barrel?
only 76 thousand miles on it.

350? huh. all the SS's I ever saw had the 305 HO (roller motor) in them. cool.

what the hell, buy it. come on, a V-10 trumps everything! way cooler than a noisy dsl!!!!
-Ralph

heres the thing

this truck has only got 24k on it. with a dumpbed, not a true dumpbody (allsided and what not) and not an insert either (on top of the bed).

and this is where i am coming into my problem. If i buy it here then i am going to have to go out on my own and not be able to travel the country! I thought i heard those big dogs out west calling my name.

anyway.
with input from you guys i was just trying to gauge the dependability of this particular truck. i was gonna start out by pulling around a stumpgrinder and go from there.( a couple buddies of mine dont have grinders and they rent one out to finish their jobs) so knowing i got a steady flow of stumps plus my own advertising......

ahhh, as you can see i am on the fence about what it is that i really want to do.
work for someone else or go out for me. this truck would be the first step towards me. and i think i could work for me ( i have heard that i am a pretty good guy. lol)

anyway. thanks for input and if you got more, i'll take it!

Latest posts

Back